LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the FBI is always in Lafayette. They have an office on Versailles.

My area's local FBI office has a guard house, fenced parking lot and cameras everywhere. Yet it is a fairly small building. Does this facility have the same security measures?

The St. Landry picture is a side view so you can see the wheel reflector while the Versailles picture is more head on so you don't have much of a view of her tires.

Right, I understand that, but I have read several times that the lights were 'flashing lights' (I would assume electrical, for night riding) as opposed to just reflectors.

The z71 emblem is usually only on one side of a vehicle. I see them everywhere and have not seen one that has it on both sides. Both GMC and Chevy have a z71.

I'm aware that GM manufactures both vehicles. I've said it countless times in previous posts.

I haven't seen one with just one on it.

Anyone know if the lawsuit was pre Mickey Schunick's abduction investigation, or during?
Was her abduction the catalyst for the disgruntled LEOs lawsuit?

Seems, Chief Craft is attacking the character of the LEOs, rather than addressing the issues, due to the airing of dirty laundry in the media, imo..

Began prior. At one point, the plaintiff officers had a restraining order against the chief and his loyalists. That was just recently lifted. One of the plaintiffs' allegations is that LPD is altering reports and codes to cover up the severity of crime stats.

I can see what looks like the light skinned guy with glasses turned around looking toward the back seat.

Have a bike
Have a slugger
Sign me up.

How about a new bike club called Lafayette Heat where everyone wears a firearm and knows how to use it? How awesome that would be.

My area's local FBI office has a guard house, fenced parking lot and cameras everywhere. Yet it is a fairly small building. Does this facility have the same security measures?

They are in a huge building with a bank, so yes, there are cameras.

How about a new bike club called Lafayette Heat where everyone wears a firearm and knows how to use it? How awesome that would be.

If it's all female, A.C.I. would no longer have a job.

Pareidolia ( /pærdoli/ parr-i-doh-lee-) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records played in reverse.

Ruston is a long way from Lafayette. I can't see the perp going East on I-10, dumping the bike, doubling back, and then heading up 167 north to Ruston.

Something consistent that I've noticed with sexual predators & serial killers is that they do the unexpected. Most are very calculating, creative, and evasive. They do not think like normal folks but 180 degrees opposite. There is usually a drug connection.

http://www.newsbatch.com/sex-rapedrug.html
Percentage of Substance Abuse Among Sex Offenders

The perps in Ruston, may not be related to Mickey's abduction, but they have identical traits of the person/s responsible and due to the geographic proximity to Lafayette, they should be scrutinized, imo.

I have noticed this too but it is also on the other truck pic. As if the same person is sitting on the other side of the vehicle in the front passeneger seat when the truck is going in the opposite direction behind Mickey. I can almost make out a muscular arm with the elbow resting on the windowsill. Behind the tint of course.

If you look at both truck pics, it also looks like a guy with a blue button down type shirt taking a pic of the camera image. You can almost see what looks like a reflection on both truck pics. It is definitely one or the other.

The other night when I was fooling around with the pictures, I got an image of a guy looking down towards the corner where some people thought Mickey might be sitting. But the guy looked liked Popeye's enemy Bluto, so I blew it off because after a while we can see all kinds of things in the pictures. I had not noticed the blue shirt because I was focused on parts of the picture rather than the picture as a whole. I thought the blue shirt was part of the seat but now I see what does appear to be a guy in a blue shirt resting his arm on the door! Great work!!!!!!

rucg2f.jpg
[/IMG]

I am pages behind and this may have been addressed.....but

What is that hanging on the rear of the bed behind the passenger side? It is easy to see it now, and I believe it may have wording on it....a box of some sort?

A couple of us discussed that a while back. I looked at every kind truck accessory I could think of that would be side mounted like that - tool boxes, bait boxes, coolers, bike racks, ladder racks, etc., and could find nothing that fit. I came to the conclusion that it's more distortion from the lousy camera.

I think we're looking at the wrong picture. I think I've been spending too much time MobyDicking this truck.

After further review of previous pictures, does this look like a bike to you?

Attachments

• url.jpg
    url.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 123
I think we're looking at the wrong picture. I think I've been spending too much time MobyDicking this truck.

After further review of previous pictures, does this look like a bike to you?

It looks like a bike...hard to say...

Began prior. At one point, the plaintiff officers had a restraining order against the chief and his loyalists. That was just recently lifted. One of the plaintiffs' allegations is that LPD is altering reports and codes to cover up the severity of crime stats.

Thanx Artis..
I can see why Mickey Schunick's abduction may have caused the media to hone in on the story. If the allegations prove to be true, this could absolutely be a result. This is referred too as deep sixing and has been used by many LE agencies for obvious political and commerce reasons.

"Yet, decades later the antiquated strategy by LE of silence & missinformation/info close to the vest strategy is still being adhered too".. as we are witnessing in the Mickey Schunick Investigation..sad, very sad..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...ains-identified-32-years-later_n_1593611.html

Remains of Missing Teen Identified, 32 Years Later
Remains found in 1982, but had never been linked to Cynthia Gastelle

Police found the skeletal remains of Cynthia Gastelle in 1982, two years after she was reported missing -- but they didn't realize they had her body until last month.

Gastelle was reported missing near Haymarket, Va. on April 3, 1980, when she was 18 years old, according to WUSA.

Nearly two years later, on Feb. 12, investigators found skeletal remains off a road in Haymarket.

In 2001, after two decades and considerable improvements in technology, Gastelle's DNA was entered into a national database(NAMUS)..
read more-

I'm not following this:

In 2001, after two decades and considerable improvements in technology, Gastelle's DNA was entered into a national database, NBC reported. The same year, Gastelle's family collected another relative's DNA in an unrelated case, leading investigators to positively identify the missing woman's body last month -- 11 years later.

Are they saying that the DNA of the skeletal remains was entered into the data base and then years later a relative of the victim was also entered in and through familial DNA they discovered the identity of the remains found in 1982?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor