LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hornet & Wasp spray. It has a much farther reach & sting..

Check the label for "It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling."

Nothing on KLFY either. So not surprised, but extremely frustrated. He had better not use Mickey's name again (as he did in his "letter") to tug at the heartstrings of this community for his betterment. She's not a pawn.

Anyone know if the lawsuit was pre Mickey Schunick's abduction investigation, or during?
Was her abduction the catalyst for the disgruntled LEOs lawsuit?

Seems, Chief Craft is attacking the character of the LEOs, rather than addressing the issues, due to the airing of dirty laundry in the media, imo..

Check the label for "It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling."

LaffySleuth, as is tearing the label off your mattress.. Reminds me of the old saying; which had you rather do; be judged by a jury of 12, or be carried by 6..

Anyone know if the lawsuit was pre Mickey Schunick's abduction investigation, or during?
Was her abduction the catalyst for the disgruntled LEOs lawsuit?

Seems, Chief Craft is attacking the character of the LEOs, rather than addressing the issues, due to the airing of dirty laundry in the media, imo..

If it wasn't preMS it was about the same time. It sort of sprung off from details that arose from other litigation involving LPD. Certainly has been building, and was probably inevitable. That sort of thing can't go on forever. I feel for the innocent on boths sides. And..I think it's very tacky (and telling) for Chief to address this in this manner.

Funny that you can't get a peep out of them regarding the status of the MS investigation, but time will be taken for a little PR work. Sickening, in my opinion.

LaffySleuth, as is tearing the label off your mattress.. Reminds me of the old saying; which had you rather do; be judged by a jury of 12, or be carried by 6..

Well then, by all means add a match and set them on fire too.

Did anyone catch the press conference?

(not on Mickey, on internal affairs, but hoping an aggressive reporter asks about Mickey)

I emailed and asked KATC to do this....but I didn't see the PC.

eta: But nm that since I see they didn't show up.

If we do it, we should be a million women on bikes with a Louisville slugger on our backs. You guys work it out, and me and Pinkie will arrive. Pinkie is my Specialized bike.

LA
It's been a long time since I was on a bike. I'll wear a disguise so hubby doesn't freak. When mamita is released from detention perhaps she, jurys out & some of us can work on a grass root something á la bikes & bats, although it appears that ACI would prefer to see the youngest of us packin.

If we do it, we should be a million women on bikes with a Louisville slugger on our backs. You guys work it out, and me and Pinkie will arrive. Pinkie is my Specialized bike.

LA

Have a bike
Have a slugger
Sign me up.

So, is now a good time to mention I don't think she or her bike are under the truck because the blur shot LE mentions of a bike rider - i think is Mickey in the Hooptie pic on St. landry on the far side of the street? (above the trunk area) ..just askin ..

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/mahouston69/d28a3f6a.jpg

Eta: link to pic

When the picture is enlarged, you can tell that the white part is a reflection. In order for the back tire to be the back tire, Mickey's head would have to extend to halfway over the front wheel of the bike and that is not possible because the bike would tip over.
I understand trying to find something in the pictures. If we would be told even a little something, it might help to alleviate the frustration and desperation we're all feeling.

My opinions only, no facts here:

I saw some posts regarding an object or objects seen at road level by the front wheel of the 1st pic of the white truck at Circle-K. To analyze this anomaly I resized the three Circle-K pics to the same scale. Strangely, each pic is at a different scale. But I did not personally alter any of the three pics, although I did improve the pixel density in the one image I had to reduce.

As for the object or objects, I can see this in the bicycle pic AND the 1st truck pic. It is not fully certain whether the object or objects are there in the 2nd truck pic, but in my opinion the object(s) are still there but very subdued.

So what is this feature? It could be a couple of fast food bags. It could be a permanent fixture of the street (storm drain, etc.) that is taking on a life of its own in these blurry, distorted, poorly contrasted surveillance camera images.

By the way, when I open my images from this site they are much smaller than my versions. If I copy and paste them to a photo editor they look full-size again. Just in case you have a problem viewing them.

When I looked at the dark spots on the pictures, I was looking to disprove that there was anything there. In the picture of the truck though, it is obvious that the object near the wheel is upright and not a flat spot on the road. It could well be a grocery bag but then again, it could be a backpack. It does appear to be a darker color as opposed to the lighter color of most fast food bags. Also, the storm drains are along the sides of the road tucked under the sidewalks. There are some manhole covers but not at that spot. The area in blue are the dark spots on the road-oil stains maybe? The orange encapsulates the tire and object and the pink is the object itself.
long shot:
largebag.png

closeup:
spots.png

What is pois?

I, for one, cannot make heads or tails of her outfit. Charlie may have wanted to recognize Mickey because of the urgency of the situation, in her mind she wanted to believe that was Mickey, to her it had to be Mickey! Just considering others comments about things they 'think' they see in the video stills.

Also, I can't see her face, or skin color. I do see a light area at the head and that could be blonde hair, but it could also be a light colored scarf. I can't see what color the bike is or what type. I am not convinced that was Mickey in the video stills. I know that Mickey's bike was found at WB, but that also doesn't confirm that it is Mickey in the video still.

The white spot looks more like hair, imo. It's very hard to distinguish facial features. It doesn't seem like LE would release pictures of random bike riders. The picture is of someone who is riding a bike at the time Mickey was riding and on the route she generally took. The video that Charlie saw is probably of better quality that the cropped image LE has released. It looks like the crops had to be enlarged or manipulated in some way to post them because they aren't clear.

I'm sorry but... REALLY?! I suspect you are joking. No one is going to be charged with protecting themselves in an emergency with a can of wasp spray. I live in Ruston and there was a break in last week where a girl was raped, robbed, taken to the ATM, and left tied up with a bag on her head. A lady a few miles away was killed and left the same way. They only got 1 of the guys. There is already a can of wasp spray right by my bed ;-)

Plus you are using it on pests!

I'm sorry but... REALLY?! I suspect you are joking. No one is going to be charged with protecting themselves in an emergency with a can of wasp spray. I live in Ruston and there was a break in last week where a girl was raped, robbed, taken to the ATM, and left tied up with a bag on her head. A lady a few miles away was killed and left the same way. They only got 1 of the guys. There is already a can of wasp spray right by my bed ;-)

I originally wasn't.

But some labels don't carry the warning...that's what I was saying before.

I'm sorry but... REALLY?! I suspect you are joking. No one is going to be charged with protecting themselves in an emergency with a can of wasp spray. I live in Ruston and there was a break in last week in my neighborhood where a girl was raped, robbed, taken to the ATM, and left tied up with a bag on her head. A lady a few miles away was killed and left the same way. They only got 1 of the guys. There is already a can of wasp spray right by my bed ;-)

Have a link for the rape/homicide, Questioning?

I am pretty sure her sister saw a higher quality video of Mickey and that is why I think it was Mickey. It is probably easier to see in a higher quality video. She spoke pretty specifically about being able to see her blonde "afro" bobbing up and down as she went down the street.
I also always assumed the video was by the Circle K, but maybe not?

I originally wasn't.

But some labels don't carry the warning...that's what I was saying before.

Yeah, I didn't look.... it really don't matter to me because of someone like that waste of flesh that has been raping and murdering in Ruston enters my house, a label is the last thing I'm worried about. I also have two big dogs that I really hope are a deterrent.

Pretty easy to say "looked like he had a wasp on his face. Prove he didnt."

Also, I think that label refers more towards huffing it to get high

Pretty easy to say "looked like he had a wasp on his face. Prove he didnt."

Also, I think that label refers more towards huffing it to get high

I'd rather huff gas fumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors