LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And do you have access to those pics? We were told by LE that the VOI is a z71. We don't know if they were able to clearly make out z71 stickers from the video, but obviously something led them to believe it was a z71. The emblems they use vary by a number of factors: year, package, etc. A Silverado Texas Edition z71 here: http://www.vernonautogroup.com/web/new/Chevrolet-Silverado-2500HD-2012/975934/?condition_id=10425

BUT LE has not specifically said Texas Edition; only z71. It's hard to say if they did know it was Texas Edition they would reveal that; sure it would help narrow it down for the general public, but then again, they may have reason for wanting to give a more vague description.

If you have access to those pics, please post them. Maybe you can find out which daiquiri shop it was towed from, get info on where it was towed, and then ask for more info, if they'll give it to you.

Can't agree that it's a Texas edition. The link you provided for a Texas Edition shows the truck having a long bed; the one seen after Mickey does not.

Thanx Artis..
I can see why Mickey Schunick's abduction may have caused the media to hone in on the story. If the allegations prove to be true, this could absolutely be a result. This is referred too as deep sixing and has been used by many LE agencies for obvious political and commerce reasons.

BINGO. You can bet that the Chamber of Commerce and the university are very sensitive about perceptions regarding crime. This stuff goes on all the time.

Can't agree that it's a Texas edition. The link you provided for a Texas Edition shows the truck having a long bed; the one seen after Mickey does not.

Well, I'm not saying it is; but this other truck has been brought up more than once. Personally, I believe if it was the VOI, the LE would know by now. I'm sticking with ONLY the facts that LE gave us, and that is a white Chevy z71. I don't know if there is a short bed version Texas Edition z71, but if the person who thinks this truck could be the VOI wants to go and research it, they are very welcome to do so.

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/texas-edition-40383/ According to the info provided here by Chevy customer service, the Texas Edition would actually have the Texas Edition emblems, at least the 2011 that he is referring to. Knowing the LE only gave us "z71" I would assume they saw a z71 sticker, and not a Texas Edition sticker. Although, we shouldn't really assume.

Nah...¡muerte! But that's really too good. Release to families of murdered children would be better..slow death. I had no clue I was this violent?

Anyone ever does anything to one of my kids and I find out about it, I will beat the crap out of them. This is what angers me most. Her family may never know, or ever see justice.

LA

What I can't figure out is why was FBI in Lafayette and on the case almost immediately. A kidnapping would be the most likely explanation but at that point how could they assume it was an kidnapping -- enough to justify involving FBI? That's why I believe they know more than ...well, bupkis.

Perhaps the FBI was trying to be proactive on this case since it initially appeared to maybe be related to other missing petite blonde women. Do we even have confirmation the FBI is still here, or did they leave when they established they didn't believe this case was connected to the others? JMO and I'm often wrong.

That is exactly what I wanted to do when DTL was on the loose, wear my gun on a holster for all to see. I wanted to be a heat carrying home health nurse, but the company wouldn't allow it. So, until I could get pepper spray, which was sold out for a few weeks, I carried a large can of Aqua Net hair spray (ever get that in your eyes?)!

Actually you can buy an orange spray at Wal-mart that will mess someone up long enough to sprint like Flojo to safety. One squirt to the eyes and a swift kick to the nether region and they are temporarily blinded, and unable to walk If they are a guy, if not pull out a wad of hair.. that always stops a woman in her tracks. LOL

LA

Anyone ever does anything to one of my kids and I find out about it, I will beat the crap out of them. This is what angers me most. Her family may never know, or ever see justice.

LA

I have told myself that several times, but when you have more than one child, young ones who need a parent to physically take care of them, it makes a difference. If I had ONE child, and someone took them from me, then I would do what I had to do and it wouldn't matter if they locked me away for the rest of my life after. But, if your child was hurt but still alive and needed you, would it be worth losing the time you have left with them? Or if you have more than one, the others would still need you. All I can hope is I am never faced with that situation!

Ha, god help anyone that would ever try to abduct me...I'm 6' tall, I kickbox everyday and I would put them through the worst fight of their lives. I dont care if they had a gun, I'd leave DNA EVERYWHERE! Throw up on them, pee/poop on them, bite, punch their trachea..let's just say GAME ON! Lol

What reason would LE have for releasing the still clip instead of the video that supposedly shows Mickey and whatever else is there?

Perhaps the FBI was trying to be proactive on this case since it initially appeared to maybe be related to other missing petite blonde women. Do we even have confirmation the FBI is still here, or did they leave when they established they didn't believe this case was connected to the others? JMO and I'm often wrong.

fbi was here and still is here because of the **** with craft
, cuase if Lapd is guilty of the abuse and corruption,and they cacth the perp [or watever] they wount have a case court cuz of the corruption in lapd so fbi is here to make the final aresst and keep an eye on LE

Sadly, mickey's mace didn't get her out of this scary situation. How effective is mace, really? Can we just assume she didnt get the opportunity to use it, or did the perp just barrel through after being sprayed?

Spraying with anything requires good aim, and nerves of steel. Heaven forbid you get scared and turn it the wrong way. Once you get hit in the face, you are out of it for a short while. If she did get him/her, she got a head start- and I believe she might have made it on a bike.

and we would not be on web sleuths.

Of course I could be wrong, that's why I have a gun, not mace. I want to make a statement.

Perhaps the perp did that- made a statement. In that instance, grabbing mace is not a good choice. Running for your life is.

Maybe she attempted to, and he bumped her... rendering her out of it or injured. Grabbing the bike was a necessity because it was damaged.

She was no longer able to fight, or afraid to, so she complied thinking she could outwit him/her.

Only one thing keeps running around in my head... Loading a bike in a truck, so that it will be undetected as you ride down the street takes time, so does getting a girl in the truck.

How was this done without a soul seeing anything? I know Lafayette, people are coming home from the bar at that time, and Lafayette people will talk to a tree if it will let them...

so.. why no answers, no clues, no Mickey?

Just my thoughts gathered.. while doing my 22 miles. I do not pretend to be a super hero, or a P.I., nor am I LE.. Just your normal average woman with a lot of street smarts, and something about this just does not add up.

so my opinion is that it was a show of force by a tag team of pros, or it was a woman who seemed trustworthy...

At this point, I am going with woman. People driving by would think nothing of a woman helping another woman.. ( that's the scary thing .. cause I know some crazy arse b's.)

just the rambling HO of a redhead.....

LA

What reason would LE have for releasing the still clip instead of the video that supposedly shows Mickey and whatever else is there?

Because it's possible the video shows her falling down, the approach of the white truck, and it running over her already on the ground. There would then be no speculation about what happened.

It's too bad LE doesn't have a detective on the staff that would be looking into this case as much as we are doing. 24/7 trying to find out what happened to mickey

It's been a long time since I was on a bike. I'll wear a disguise so hubby doesn't freak. When mamita is released from detention perhaps she, jurys out & some of us can work on a grass root something á la bikes & bats, although it appears that ACI would prefer to see the youngest of us packin.

I am always packing heat, legal and otherwise. LOL...

LA

LA

I mentioned this before but I'll bring it up again: There was a woman, in California, whose son was molested by a predator with a prior record. On the day of his trial, that woman shot and killed the perp on the courthouse steps. She was indicted for murder, tried, and the idiot jury convicted her and sent her to prison! That's because the judge instructed them that "they must follow the law" which is a TOTAL LIE. All juries have the right and responsibility to nullify whatever they find unjust. The establishment justice system is jealous of their power and they don't want the People taking care of business. That woman was hero and took that filthy, child molesting, dirtbag out of circulation when the state failed to do so. Remember, if you ever serve on a jury, you DO NOT have to 'follow the law'. The People are the supreme determinant of what is LAWFUL, not the courts.

I mentioned this before but I'll bring it up again: There was a woman, in California, whose son was molested by a predator with a prior record. On the day of his trial, that woman shot and killed the perp on the courthouse steps. She was indicted for murder, tried, and the idiot jury convicted her and sent her to prison! That's because the judge instructed them that "they must follow the law" which is a TOTAL LIE. All juries have the right and responsibility to nullify whatever they find unjust. The establishment justice system is jealous of their power and they don't want the People taking care of business. That woman was hero and took that filthy, child molesting, dirtbag out of circulation when the state failed to do so. Remember, if you ever serve on a jury, you DO NOT have to 'follow the law'. The People are the supreme determinant of what is LAWFUL, not the courts.

Jurors DO have to follow the law. They take an oath at the beginning of jury service that they will follow the law the court gives them. The court determines what the law is. The jury just decides what the facts are. Sounds like her attorney didn't do a good job of making her seem sympathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaDiosa1975