LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bats and Guns, it does sound kind of scary. Especially since most of us are frustrated and angry. I don't have a gun anyway, or a permit. Maybe it would best to leave the weapons at home.

But I do have some sluggers if y'all want me to bring them....

I have a cupholder on my bike that could hold a can of wasp spray;)

So the one POI you have left in your sites - he's the 2:00 am wandering driver and faux searcher?

Hang in there ACI - we're all on your side and we all know what an amazing job you're doing. Maybe the Shunicks will pop in here and read your account of their PI. And then hire YOU!!!

Correct. The one POI I havent cleared

Basically, a man who lost a daughter in a violent way 10 years ago lied about his whereabouts and was searching at odd hours in odd places. He appeared to have mental issues.

We were discussing the possible side effects losing his daughter in such a way, in relation to this case.

Thats the nutshell version. Thanks

ACI~Just out of curiosity, do you think the man who was raping the other girl around the time of Mickeys dissapearance would've been caught had LE not been looking into what happened to Mickey?

lafayette parish or lafayette the town with only 3. i would imagine that broussard and youngsville have more, and new iberia for sure

Lafayette town. Unfortunately my resources are limited working for free. It would be far too expensive for me to run down all the trucks in the parish and surrounding towns on top of how much its already costing me to do this. Thats definitely a lot of trucks though. I was just expressing my frustration that even the few registered in town werent checked

i didn't follow the case much in the first week. were there ever any news reports that made y'all feel confident in the police? like this one related to jaren. saying that police are interviewing businesses along the shore in hopes of a lead

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news...case/-/9853400/14863806/-/e34uv0/-/index.html

It's because they found her quickly and evidence is best when fresh.

Also, I think it's because Mickey's case is looking to go cold quickly.

P.S. The NOPD has to clean up that image they've got right now...might also have something to do with it.

ACI~Just out of curiosity, do you think the man who was raping the other girl around the time of Mickeys dissapearance would've been caught had LE not been looking into what happened to Mickey?

Yeah. He was arrested the saturday she went missing. It was before MS was reported missing

Lafayette town. Unfortunately my resources are limited working for free. It would be far too expensive for me to run down all the trucks in the parish and surrounding towns on top of how much its already costing me to do this. Thats definitely a lot of trucks though. I was just expressing my frustration that even the few registered in town werent checked

ahhhhh. i see. this whole sleuthing world is new to me. you are kind for looking into all of this.

very disappointing that LE didn't contact those three owners. very disappointing.
:tsktsk:

Think some of the others here are looking to call themselves Louisiana Heat. Not sure who posted it. Y'all should get ACI to make contacts in community should you consider mass bike ride along what was?? her route.

Ill be around watching. Im like Batman ;)

This really gave me the chills and made me wonder if there's a connection to Mickey Shunick's disappearance. I pray she didn't fall victim to the same monster involved in Jaren Lockhart's murder. According to The Mount Airy News - May 28, 2003 :
Terry Christopher Speaks was charged with two counts of statutory rape.
Speaks was in possession of a stolen bike. He had a female passenger in the vehicle, later identified as having been reported missing by her mother.
See full article here: http://tinyurl.com/7y45qpa

Wow.....

3 in lafayette with those qualifications. All the others could be registered in any neighboring town or they moved or any number of possibilities

You're talking 3 in town or Lafayette Parish?! B/c I can drive from my house to the nearest grocery store and see 3 of them on my way.

eta: nm, I see you answered just in town. Do I need to get out there and go hunt down some DWT's? I know for SURE there are more than 3 around....maybe they aren't registered, I don't know. But they're there!

You're talking 3 in town or Lafayette Parish?! B/c I can drive from my house to the nearest grocery store and see 3 of them on my way.

3 in town. But remember, just because you see it in Lafayette doesnt mean its registered there. I was just expressing my frustration that even with only 3 registered in town they didnt bother to check. Its not like it was difficult.

Or at least had hired someone not old as dirt.

And yeah the guy was arrested for it. The time of the offense was around the time she went missing

Hey watch it, there are those who say 40-ish is old as dirt. ;) interesting, well back to square one I guess.

LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member