LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re something under/close to passenger side front white truck wheel: An object is on the road --could be a backpack or something else because it has too many pixels to be a reflection. If you look at the other white truck going in the opposite direction and the Mickey-riding-on-her-bike-in-front-of-Circle K photo, there is nothing in those photos on the ground that would explain the item. MOO.

Again, I don't know that her physical person is under the truck but to me it looks
like a bike seat in front of the tire. You can even see a pixel of a reflection which could be the sparkle. The light is not far from that area....which looks like the bike light.

Ill be around watching. Im like Batman ;)

Haha. Is that so? Well I am like Wonder Woman, I lived in the downtown area near what is/was called the "block" in Lafayette by myself as a young woman.

LA

So here's some news. 2 of my POI's are clear. One was confirmed out of town at the time. And the other was busy around the time frame she went missing....busy kidnapping and raping someone else. That's one hell of an alibi.

But on a more frustrating note: Just on a whim I ran a broad search for all 2005-2012 White Chevy Silverado crew and king cabs in every edition (LS, LT, LXT etc) registered in Lafayette parish. You know how many there were? Granted that's only in Lafayette parish, and there are several hundred in Louisiana all together. But only THREE registered in lafayette. I spoke to all three drivers and NONE had been contacted by LPD. Not one. You would think that would've been the first thing they did. Regardless, all three were offshore or off working at the time and not in town.

On an even more frustrating note: Twice I called Abdella today and both times before I could get a word in he said "I don't have time today, Im busy" and then hung up. I then went to go see him, as I walked in he said "Sorry no time today", and locked himself in his office. I heard him on the phone with someone in there also saying he was super busy and didn't have time to talk to them. This isn't the first time Ive witnessed him do this since this investigation started. He just sits in his damn office. I found out from people he's been talking to, the first name and description of someone he's been asking about. But they couldn't remember the last name. So I called him to get the last name from him so I could dig into it since he locks himself in his office all day everyday, and his response was: "Sorry, can't help you" and hung up on me.

Im a little more than pissed off today and if I was the Shunick family Id be furious.

I cannot believe the freaking LE never contacted people in Lafayette with vehicles similar to the VOI. What the hell are they doing with this case? Just sitting on it?! If for nothing else, you'd think they'd contact the people to rule them out. If you on your own could do it, would it have been that difficult for them to do it?
I can't believe a local P.I. would be so lazy on a case sooo important to the community. That is downright shameful! No matter what, he should hear you out as a fellow P.I. Unless he is just that much of a d-bag!
I'm disappointed to hear this news of the LE and the P.I. Seems like all the people that should be looking into MS's case are asleep at the wheel. Even more proof that the work you and chicken do is absolutely needed. Though now I wonder, if you find something, who do you call? Maybe contact the Equusearch people/Tim Miller?

I have no issue with the name, to be honest I would have no issue reaching out to the Lafayette cycling community if need be. I have been a serious rider the majority of my life, so I will be taken seriously. I would really love if this could be done in her honor. Several "silent" rides have been done, which is what we do when a cyclist goes down, and is injured or killed. In this case, we have hope neither happened, but the parent's did suggest an accident occured.

As for ACI, if he's willing to help I welcome it.

LA

I think you should reach out to the Lafayette cycling community, get as many people as possible to join in.

A toll tag for crossing the Crescent City Connection bridge or LA 1 Expressway by Golden Meadow?

I think those are the only two tolled roads in Louisiana. Both quite a bit away from Lafayette, making this a much bigger case geographically if it is a CCC/LA1 toll tag. But maybe the police (or ACI?) could run white trucks fitting this description in the listing of people who have purchased these toll tags?

Just something to chew on ..I've known two guys who both lived in Lafayette that had those for the Houston tollways. Lots of interrelated oilfield work.

Thanks! I see it now:
Christina Spence
CSR at Cox Communications

Not Cox Media. Totally different part of Cox. I know people who work there so I wanted to make sure.

Apologize...all part of Cox Enterprises but they are separate companies within.

Woo-Hoo! Me too. ;) I was riding a few minutes ago, and can imagine A.C.I. silently stalking us in a truly professional manner of course.

LA

Hopefully ACI will introduce himself. Don't want to blow his cover...but would love to meet him.

Unrelated. Or so Im told

A.C.I. Two questions:
What caught your attention re the POI w/ mental issues for you to have been prepared to follow him?

Do you know if L.E. got into the ULL database to see what students have that truck? My daughter left her trunk open one day and they called our house b/c they were concerned. So, I figured that they have the vehicle and personal info tied into the parking sticker; maybe they can search by vehicle model, etc. Thanks.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. There was a pic floating around with a gold seat in the beginning BUT that is not the pic they ended up using on the official poster on findmickeynow.com and the I think the deal is, they were scrambling around trying to get a pic of the bike, and it's rare, so that's the first pic they found, it was similar, but not identical, and then they found another pic, and ended up going with that one. So, I'm thinking the seat was black as in the pic they have up on the site. Again, not that it matters b/c it was already found. But the only reason I had brought it up earlier is because another poster was asking, did it look like a glittery gold seat down on the ground on St. Landry. And I just wanted to point out that I thought the seat was black anyway.

In the radio interview with Charlene (you can watch it on YouTube) she states that the bike had a black seat. It was my understanding that the bike came with a gold seat but that a friend of hers bought her some fancy bike seat and it's black.

I cannot believe the freaking LE never contacted people in Lafayette with vehicles similar to the VOI. What the hell are they doing with this case? Just sitting on it?! If for nothing else, you'd think they'd contact the people to rule them out. If you on your own could do it, would it have been that difficult for them to do it?
I can't believe a local P.I. would be so lazy on a case sooo important to the community. That is downright shameful! No matter what, he should hear you out as a fellow P.I. Unless he is just that much of a d-bag!
I'm disappointed to hear this news of the LE and the P.I. Seems like all the people that should be looking into MS's case are asleep at the wheel. Even more proof that the work you and chicken do is absolutely needed. Though now I wonder, if you find something, who do you call? Maybe contact the Equusearch people/Tim Miller?

Not difficult at all. If I had the means Id run down every *advertiser censored* matching truck in Louisiana. Its not like theres much else to go on at this point.

And every lead I get, I inform LE. I then continue to investigate. If I eventually get a concrete case built then I bring it to EVERYONE

It's because they found her quickly and evidence is best when fresh.

Also, I think it's because Mickey's case is looking to go cold quickly.

P.S. The NOPD has to clean up that image they've got right now...might also have something to do with it.

Yes, N.O. has a tourism industry which the French Quarter is the star. Can't have it in the news like this, such a horrible murder. Add to that there is surveillance of JL with people who are likely responsible for her murder. They have to gather as many witnesses to seeing them in different places as possible. I hope whoever did this to her is rots in jail for eternity. I would say give them the death penalty, but lately, that is life in prison because they get so darn many appeals. DTL should have been executed, but he is still fighting his conviction. Costing the state $$$.

In my many years as a female road cyclist I have had people scream curse words at me, throw things at me, and peel out next to me just to scare me. I've been buzzed ( ridden close to), spit on, and had weird-os try to chat me up at stop signs. The fact that I am in my mid forties does not deter some of them.

I am sorry that this has happened to you. I will be the first to admit, I sometimes get annoyed when I am "stuck" behind someone on a bike (do you prefer the term biker, cyclist, or...?) usually b/c I am late and in a hurry everywhere I go! And I think when some (most?) people are crusing along and end up behind someone on a bicycle they are like "Oh great!" especially if you cannot pass. I used to think, "Why are they in the street? Get on the sidewalk. Why would anyone want to ride their bike in the street, and hold up traffic, and risk getting run over?"

I didn't "get it" b/c I have never ridden a bike as an adult, or in the street, only when I was a child in my yard. But in the past couple years I have often pushed my son in a jogging stroller to a nearby park, grocery store, etc. and I do avoid the roads that have no shoulder but obviously I have to cross them sometimes, and people always stare. I imagine they are thinking "Did her car break down? What's wrong with her? Is she poor and doesn't own a car? What is she doing pushing a child in a stroller? Why is she in my way? Get out of my way!" etc. I have had people stop and roll down their window asking if I needed help, a ride somewhere, a cell phone to call for help. I tell them no, I live in the area and we're just taking a walk, that's all. Some people don't understand walking for fresh air or fitness I guess. So I have become sympathetic to those riding bikes, or walking and pushing strollers. When I get behind someone I try to remember not to roll my eyes, and that they are no less important, and share the road. Of course my hubby has forbidden us to do so now, even though we've only ever gone out during the daytime. He is scared some maniac will come and snatch us up. :banghead:

JMO~I just can't see if the family of M.S. that would have been shown the video of the still shots we are seeing, that they would be so collective the way they are. And I mean that with the utmost respect. I see hope in their faces and in their words. And this I'm speaking of from experience. I have a very, very close friend of mine who has been missing for 2 yrs. Just vanished and LE has no idea what happen. Now, with that being said, being in a somewhat similar situation, I nor my friends family could speak with hope if we were to visually see him in a accident at the time of him disappearing. But, again that its just me...............:candle:

Maybe it was just the bike that was hit and she managed to jump off or fall to the side. If you google bicycle accident images....the vast majority of bicycles that are hit from behind results in the victim being throw off to the side or back into the windshield of the truck. Even some of the really bad ones were survivable. They could have offered to give her a ride home with the damaged bike. She could have been leery of this and accepted a ride only if she could sit in the bed of the truck.

The family does not seem to be speaking out against LE in any public way...so I am not sure that others should be...JMO. Perhaps they are being kept appraised of the investigation, perhaps not. But they are not slamming LE. Anyway, JMO...

I couldn't agree more!!! I don't get the PI bashing...not sure what that's all about...maybe I missed something but I doubt it.

Now see the SAME person and colors in this picture on the same side ... the driver side in the back !!!
1339508895.png

I know that people are turning things every which way to try to help.

But the picture of the truck I just quoted is unacceptable, IMO, and should be removed from the site. Someone obviously hand-painted in some black pixels to show a driver, and altered the original photo in a substantial and unethical way, without putting any disclaimer on the photo itself to warn people that they are looking at fiction. It's one thing to "enhance" a photo, and quite another to paint things in that aren't there!!:maddening:

Below is MY crop of the original photo from the Find Mickey website. I am not sure if LE released a bigger image, but this us second-best, at least.

Notice the clear space where the "driver" is in the above forgery.

Not helpful folks.... not helpful.

pic2crop.jpg

In the radio interview with Charlene (you can watch it on YouTube) she states that the bike had a black seat. It was my understanding that the bike came with a gold seat but that a friend of hers bought her some fancy bike seat and it's black.

Ok thank you! That is what I thought. Again, not that it matters b/c it's been located, but, we can rule out seeing a sparkly or glittery gold seat on the ground. Only the handle bars were glittery gold.

'Runing for cover, I guess'..."The folks of Lafayette, LA need results, not someone reading from a script...

Police Chief Jim Craft Media Briefing
http://www.katc.com/news/chief-jim-craft-addresses-public-in-press-conference/#!prettyPhoto/0/

Ironically, if the LPD would solve the Mickey Schunick abduction by releasing info to their most valuable resource; the American public, they would be vindicated, in my book...

"Yet, all we are receiving is Silence & Misinformation"...

I know that people are turning things every which way to try to help.

But the picture of the truck I just quoted is unacceptable, IMO, and should be removed from the site. Someone obviously hand-painted in some black pixels to show a driver, and altered the original photo in a substantial and unethical way, without putting any disclaimer on the photo itself to warn people that they are looking at fiction. It's one thing to "enhance" a photo, and quite another to paint things in that aren't there!!:maddening:

Below is MY crop of the original photo from the Find Mickey website. I am not sure if LE released a bigger image, but this us second-best, at least.

Notice the clear space where the "driver" is in the above forgery.

Not helpful folks.... not helpful.

pic2crop.jpg
Why is there a clear space anyway? Where is the driver in the original picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne