LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My only POI currently. And this mystery person Abdella is questioning people about as well

If anything, I think this one might have merit. YOU are the P.I. though, I just have spidey sense.

LA

Well, all I have to add here this time is I think the BAU from
Criminal Minds s/b on this case. Penelope would work her
computers like she does, and probably would have given
us at least the WT by now!!!! :)

A.C.I. love your reports. Keep up the good work!!!!!

I am going to drive 8.
And I would love to meet the woman who came up with the name Spongebathhotpants!

Woo-Hoo! Me too. ;) I was riding a few minutes ago, and can imagine A.C.I. silently stalking us in a truly professional manner of course.

LA

ACI - have you heard anything on that white truck that was seen being towed with the cop cars following it a couple of days ago?

Think some of the others here are looking to call themselves Louisiana Heat. Not sure who posted it. Y'all should get ACI to make contacts in community should you consider mass bike ride along what was?? her route.

I have no issue with the name, to be honest I would have no issue reaching out to the Lafayette cycling community if need be. I have been a serious rider the majority of my life, so I will be taken seriously. I would really love if this could be done in her honor. Several "silent" rides have been done, which is what we do when a cyclist goes down, and is injured or killed. In this case, we have hope neither happened, but the parent's did suggest an accident occured.

As for ACI, if he's willing to help I welcome it.

LA

So the one POI you have left in your sites - he's the 2:00 am wandering driver and faux searcher?

Hang in there ACI - we're all on your side and we all know what an amazing job you're doing. Maybe the Shunicks will pop in here and read your account of their PI. And then hire YOU!!!

I agree. I think you're very dedicated, and I admire you for it. While I was away from the computer for a week, I was secure in the knowledge you were hard at work for our girl.

LA

Bats & guns too?

I said slugger, b/c some cyclist's actually do this. They strap a bat to their rear bike rack. As riders, we are often hassled and it gives some of us peace of mind. Believe me, I have heard of more than one male cyclist that has been in a fist fight. I would not be surprised that someone may have done this out of hatred for us "sharing the road". In my many years as a female road cyclist I have had people scream curse words at me, throw things at me, and peel out next to me just to scare me. I've been buzzed ( ridden close to), spit on, and had weird-os try to chat me up at stop signs. The fact that I am in my mid forties does not deter some of them.

I would prefer to bring a gun, but initially thought I only had the shotgun. I found out about an hour ago that my father in law gave us a derringer years ago.

So I guess you pack either. If this does happen, I would be proud to ride with anyone who cares to join.

Metta,

La

Could possibly be the reflection of the window tint on light tan interior and the headrest. I simpley enlarged the isolated portion of the pic & the "blue" ends in a straight line instead of curving with the body as it would if it were someones shirt.

Where exactly are you saying it ends?

If you mean the white thing in the windshield, I think it looks like an EZPass.

A toll tag for crossing the Crescent City Connection bridge or LA 1 Expressway by Golden Meadow?

I think those are the only two tolled roads in Louisiana. Both quite a bit away from Lafayette, making this a much bigger case geographically if it is a CCC/LA1 toll tag. But maybe the police (or ACI?) could run white trucks fitting this description in the listing of people who have purchased these toll tags?

The seat was glittery gold. The pic of the bike that has the gold seat, gold grips and gold thing on the frame is the pic I am speaking of. The story that goes with it stated that it was identical to Mickey's with the exception of the gold pad on the frame. It did specifically state ht she had glittery gold seat and grips. Not sure that it makes any difference either way.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. There was a pic floating around with a gold seat in the beginning BUT that is not the pic they ended up using on the official poster on findmickeynow.com and the I think the deal is, they were scrambling around trying to get a pic of the bike, and it's rare, so that's the first pic they found, it was similar, but not identical, and then they found another pic, and ended up going with that one. So, I'm thinking the seat was black as in the pic they have up on the site. Again, not that it matters b/c it was already found. But the only reason I had brought it up earlier is because another poster was asking, did it look like a glittery gold seat down on the ground on St. Landry. And I just wanted to point out that I thought the seat was black anyway.

Bats and Guns, it does sound kind of scary. Especially since most of us are frustrated and angry. I don't have a gun anyway, or a permit. Maybe it would best to leave the weapons at home.

But I do have some sluggers if y'all want me to bring them....[/QUOTe

Sounds good.

LA

The family does not seem to be speaking out against LE in any public way...so I am not sure that others should be...JMO. Perhaps they are being kept appraised of the investigation, perhaps not. But they are not slamming LE. Anyway, JMO...

I am hoping someone here would know the answer to something I have been wondering. So here it is, say if nothing would ever be found such as any evidence or even a body for that matter, (really hopes that's not the case), but the person or persons who did this would brag or tell someone they did it. And this person would decide to tel le what this person has told them. Would le ever be able to charge them with a crime or would it only be considered as hear say, and whoever did this would get away with murder?

It would start as hear say but once LE would investigate the lead they would be able to catch the suspect in lies etc. they would interrogate the suspect until they got their answers.
If you know someone that is bragging about this crime. Record them talking on your phone or something and you would have the solid proof to turn into police.
Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member