LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, after reasing bunny hop's post about the Alabama girl missing off of I-10....a lot of similarities. Both off of I-10 and Whiskey Bay on the way to the 2nd girl. Could definitely be possible. The only thing is, I read that her uncle commited suicide the same day she went missing which kinda throws a wrench in.

I think that the only way the suspects in Jaren's case are connected here is if they happened to drive by Mickie by that night, by sheer coincidence. A very doubtful but not completely impossible scenario.

O/T just watching the Anne Sluti movie. I know it has a happy ending. :)

I have been following this faithfully from the first thread..
here is what I think...just based on what little is known..
I don't think this was just a "hit and run" accident..there would be sloppy parts if there were...
Someone probably knew her - whatever slim little moment they met her - it was decided....
They followed through and picked the opportune time...
They may have only briefly known her...
this would make it even more opportune for them...
Sadly I lost a beautiful girl to a murderer who picked her for her long blonde hair...
We would not have guessed he was the perpetrator if he had done what he intended to do the first night he tried..... (maybe like Mickey)..
No one would have put two and two together....
I just feel that this was someone who targeted Mickie...was able to "get her".. before anyone knew of his obsession - and now he thinks he has gotten away with the crime...just thoughts....
God Bless the Shunicks and all of us who pray for Mickey...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure this case is hitting very close to home for you.

I'm bumping this again.

I have scrolled past pages of off topic speculation and rumors.

I have truly appreciated much hard work by many locals who have worked long and hard to cover many bases.

This link that megmono posted seems more pertinent to me than much of what I've read. Many good, valid points have come forward. And much hard work by several locals.

I don't think this should be overlooked. JMHO.

"Yet One More Petite Blonde Female Goes Missing This Time It Is 19 Year Old Brittany Nicole Wood from Tillmans Corner AL, She Went Missing Near I-10."

Louisiana Police: Missing Student Mickey Shunick Not Tied To Any Of the Other Missing Petite Blonde Female Unsolved Cases, Oh Really? Mickey Shunick went missing on May 19th and cops have no person of interest of concrete leads. Mickey Shunick’s bike was found under a Interstate 10 bridge 27 miles from where she was last seen on surveillance cameras at about 2:00 am. Louisiana Police say there are no links to any other cases, oh really?

Newsflash for the Louisiana Police, when a possible kidnapped victim’s bike is found under a I-10 bridge heading East out of your jurisdiction you might want to expand your search area to the surrounding states and contact FBI profilers about similar unsolved ”missing petite blonde females who all are about the same size, age and all look alike."

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...illmans-corner-al-she-went-missing-near-i-10/

:twocents:

:fence:

I wonder if they have checked to see if her SIM card from her phone has had any activity on it since she disappeared.

I know they were unable to ping it and all that, but maybe if it was tossed somewhere and someone found the phone, they could have started using it unknowingly. If we could find out where or if the phone was disposed of, that could give us another place to look into.

bw's uncle was found dead but from my understanding, she never made it to his house. just like mickey never made it home. if you look at these girls similarities in the hair, eyes, same petite frames. all within short distance of i10. its not crazy. its unnerving.

i have been reading his page since mickey went missing and ive just pondered it myself. after reading dead links on here lately i was gonna contact him about mickey and all be the PI had beaten me to it.

guess thats why he gets paid for it :)

IMHO, I know that it cannot be easy for the PD to do their job especially since they're under the microscope...usually those types of things are kept "hush hush" why the release of this stuff? Did the media feel the need to embarrass LPD?

They sure didn't waste a second getting the story out, along with teaser headlines and obvious accusatory statements. Definitely not "unbiased' by any means. I'll leave my opinion at that since this is Mickey's thread but the whole situation made me sick in light of this interfering with her investigation and topping her story in the headlines on some days. I agree that what is wrong, is wrong and this should be investigated but no doubt, it was a s****y time to proceed with allegations.

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...illmans-corner-al-she-went-missing-near-i-10/

just a thought. they all look similar. this is my first official post. but ive been on every thread since mickey went missing.
Many, many, many threads ago there was a discussion about SK working across the country. A now desceased UL grad student found a series of murders taking place across an east-west railroad line. Can interstate trucking take the modern place of railroad murderers? JTOL

My best friend is a forensic scientist, who wants to eventually work at LSP crime lab. She said that the length of time being spent on the bike could be a good thing. She said if they do find DNA, they run it through the CODUS database for hits, and if they found prints, they could be trying to identify them/comparing them to Mickey's prints on objects of hers from home that were turned in for comparison.

So maybe this is promising?

[/B]

Thank you and if I presented a different take on things and made some people more aware of what MS's bike journey looks like to an "outsider" and they are more safety-oriented because of it, then I've done my good deed.

I've found this conversation to be interesting and my take on how the route looked, as well as the "seen better days" impression was the same. However, as someone who has lived in such areas (they're everywhere) and lives in a semi rural, fairly upscale area now, places where a perp can be lurking are all over. I'd like to see a map showing where people have been abducted and murdered. I'll bet it's all over the place in terms of rural v. urban. We've got Mickey right in town, women in wilderness areas and parks, people snatched from mall parking lots, and from their own homes. It's completely effed up. I agree that when in places like Mickey was one needs to think smarter than she did, but it applies to other types of places, as well. I'd feel safer strolling through Compton than I might on some dark wooded road out in the boonies. It's just so damn random. Mickey was far more likely to have a been a victim of inner city type street crime than to vanish without a trace. It's hard to imagine all of the places that some against the odds abduction will occur.

Actually, after reasing bunny hop's post about the Alabama girl missing off of I-10....a lot of similarities. Both off of I-10 and Whiskey Bay on the way to the 2nd girl. Could definitely be possible. The only thing is, I read that her uncle commited suicide the same day she went missing which kinda throws a wrench in.

I hope the "wrench" (i.e., the suicide of the missing Alabama girl's uncle whom she was on her way to see when she went missing) has not made LE short-sighted. There could still be a connection to Mickey's case, and I hope they're looking into the possibility.
MOO.

Has anyone ever posted pics while driving MS route during the day to give others a better understanding of the area? Not just looking on a map?

I would like to ask though, why is speculation off limits? If we don't brainstorm theories we might as well close the thread. There is nothing more to discuss. I understand disrespectful comments, finger pointing specific people, chit chat etc...but discussion about possibilities is all we have to go on right now. It could possibly lead to a new approach which could produce more hard evidence. We're on thread #27 now. We have posted and reposted every confirmed shread we've been given 100's of times already. There have been no new developments confirmed by the police in 12 days. What else are we supposed to talk about? I guess we can just keep reposting known evidence for 27 threads...but where would that get anyone? We know that stuff already. Speculation can be tactful and helpful. Actually, I doubt there have been many cases where speculation/hunches didn't lead to a conviction. Oh yeah...and as far as the "no speculating...call these tips in to the line" is concerned...the tip line isnt for ideas. It's for solid sightings/possible evidence and such. Now if I had some kind of breakthrough idea that I thought would definitely lead to answers I would call..but I'm not going to clog the line everytime I think of an idea. Although, multiple heads together could very well lead to a solid tip being called. That's why we're discussing it. Not saying you specifically were referring to anything I've said... I just want clarification bc a few people have said that.

I hope the "wrench" (i.e., the suicide of the missing Alabama girl's uncle whom she was on her way to see when she went missing) has not made LE short-sighted. There could still be a connection to Mickey's case, and I hope they're looking into the possibility.
MOO.

I agree..they need to fully investigate it for sure. I was just saying it was a little strange.

I'm bumping this again.

I have scrolled past pages of off topic speculation and rumors.

I have truly appreciated much hard work by many locals who have worked long and hard to cover many bases.

This link that megmono posted seems more pertinent to me than much of what I've read. Many good, valid points have come forward. And much hard work by several locals.

I don't think this should be overlooked. JMHO.

"Yet One More Petite Blonde Female Goes Missing This Time It Is 19 Year Old Brittany Nicole Wood from Tillmans Corner AL, She Went Missing Near I-10."

Louisiana Police: Missing Student Mickey Shunick Not Tied To Any Of the Other Missing Petite Blonde Female Unsolved Cases, Oh Really? Mickey Shunick went missing on May 19th and cops have no person of interest of concrete leads. Mickey Shunick’s bike was found under a Interstate 10 bridge 27 miles from where she was last seen on surveillance cameras at about 2:00 am. Louisiana Police say there are no links to any other cases, oh really?

Newsflash for the Louisiana Police, when a possible kidnapped victim’s bike is found under a I-10 bridge heading East out of your jurisdiction you might want to expand your search area to the surrounding states and contact FBI profilers about similar unsolved ”missing petite blonde females who all are about the same size, age and all look alike."

:twocents:

There were fairs/carnivals at or near several of these abductions within their respective timeframes. Anyone know if that angle has been checked?

Psychic links and talk is off-limits on WS, by the way...JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne