LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to ask though, why is speculation off limits? If we don't brainstorm theories we might as well close the thread. There is nothing more to discuss. I understand disrespectful comments, finger pointing specific people, chit chat etc...but discussion about possibilities is all we have to go on right now. It could possibly lead to a new approach which could produce more hard evidence. We're on thread #27 now. We have posted and reposted every confirmed shread we've been given 100's of times already. There have been no new developments confirmed by the police in 12 days. What else are we supposed to talk about? I guess we can just keep reposting known evidence for 27 threads...but where would that get anyone? We know that stuff already. Speculation can be tactful and helpful. Actually, I doubt there have been many cases where speculation/hunches didn't lead to a conviction. Oh yeah...and as far as the "no speculating...call these tips in to the line" is concerned...the tip line isnt for ideas. It's for solid sightings/possible evidence and such. Now if I had some kind of breakthrough idea that I thought would definitely lead to answers I would call..but I'm not going to clog the line everytime I think of an idea. Although, multiple heads together could very well lead to a solid tip being called. That's why we're discussing it. Not saying you specifically were referring to anything I've said... I just want clarification bc a few people have said that.
Good point..it is travelling all over here. Frustrating, that's what happens when everyone is?????

I would like to ask though, why is speculation off limits? If we don't brainstorm theories we might as well close the thread. There is nothing more to discuss. I understand disrespectful comments, finger pointing specific people, chit chat etc...but discussion about possibilities is all we have to go on right now. It could possibly lead to a new approach which could produce more hard evidence. We're on thread #27 now. We have posted and reposted every confirmed shread we've been given 100's of times already. There have been no new developments confirmed by the police in 12 days. What else are we supposed to talk about? I guess we can just keep reposting known evidence for 27 threads...but where would that get anyone? We know that stuff already. Speculation can be tactful and helpful. Actually, I doubt there have been many cases where speculation/hunches didn't lead to a conviction. Oh yeah...and as far as the "no speculating...call these tips in to the line" is concerned...the tip line isnt for ideas. It's for solid sightings/possible evidence and such. Now if I had some kind of breakthrough idea that I thought would definitely lead to answers I would call..but I'm not going to clog the line everytime I think of an idea. Although, multiple heads together could very well lead to a solid tip being called. That's why we're discussing it. Not saying you specifically were referring to anything I've said... I just want clarification bc a few people have said that.

Not referring to you at all.
As I said, I appreciate all the input.

I think this link is important.

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...illmans-corner-al-she-went-missing-near-i-10/

"Yet One More Petite Blonde Female Goes Missing This Time It Is 19 Year Old Brittany Nicole Wood from Tillmans Corner AL, She Went Missing Near I-10."

Louisiana Police: Missing Student Mickey Shunick Not Tied To Any Of the Other Missing Petite Blonde Female Unsolved Cases, Oh Really? Mickey Shunick went missing on May 19th and cops have no person of interest of concrete leads. Mickey Shunick’s bike was found under a Interstate 10 bridge 27 miles from where she was last seen on surveillance cameras at about 2:00 am. Louisiana Police say there are no links to any other cases, oh really?

Newsflash for the Louisiana Police, when a possible kidnapped victim’s bike is found under a I-10 bridge heading East out of your jurisdiction you might want to expand your search area to the surrounding states and contact FBI profilers about similar unsolved ”missing petite blonde females who all are about the same size, age and all look alike."

My best friend is a forensic scientist, who wants to eventually work at LSP crime lab. She said that the length of time being spent on the bike could be a good thing. She said if they do find DNA, they run it through the CODUS database for hits, and if they found prints, they could be trying to identify them/comparing them to Mickey's prints on objects of hers from home that were turned in for comparison.

So maybe this is promising?

It was several weeks ago when LE said the forensics were not all back on the bike; we don't really know if that is still true. Just because the media keeps printing it, does not make it so. LE would not announce, IMO, that the bike was of no help forensically, or that it was, for that matter. Just one more thing we do not know. JMO

My understanding is that we can speculate as long as it is formed around facts.

ETA: We can theorize what we think happened, we can try to find links to other cases or perps, etc.

We can't start sleuthing her friends such as BW and post that info here or pull random things from the air (like Maybe she was a prostitute and she was killed by a customer) and then run with it if there is nothing to back that up.

Kenner-police-search-home-3-jpg.jpg

The truck in driveway of Speaks and check out the wheels
http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/new-orleans/-/9853400/14806856/-/laaippz/-/index.html

I am NOT a mod, but we are not supposed to link blogs either...I just don't want the thread to be closed down...:(

my apologies. i didnt know we couldnt link a blog. he also has the info on his official website if that makes it thro the loop hole

There were fairs/carnivals at or near several of these abductions within their respective timeframes. Anyone know if that angle has been checked?
Actually I remember hearing about a theory regarding carnival workers, a variation of the 'transient' lietmotif. Travelers w/out fixed homes, hobos, truckers are all the easier suspects for theories. I worry about the 'blends into the woodwork' 'unassuming' types. But really, are there enough stats to assemble any coherent ideas?
<modsnip>

WHY is this thread about everything else EXCEPT LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #27

PLEASE keep the focus on FINDING MICKEY SHUNICK!!!

With all due respect, look at the length of this thread(s) and the paucity of ANY information. Thread drift happens and, for the most part, it's about crime, in general. Additionally, a group of people talking on some forum is not going to "find Mickey", okay? People like ACI & chicken fried may actually help crack the case and find her, but that's due to their work in the physical.

my apologies. i didnt know we couldnt link a blog. he also has the info on his official website if that makes it thro the loop hole

I am not saying he is wrong for sure...but he has been stirring the serial killer pot for months now...it gets people worked up in a number of cases here from time to time...JMO

In my view, the only thing that several of these cases have in common is the lack of info coming from LE. Paige, Katelyn, Holly, Lauren, Mickey, etc...all went missing under different sets of circumstances and at random times on random days. This would have to be one Johnny-on-the-spot serial killer to be in the right place at the right time in so many cases. JMO

from what i read, LE states there is no connection in the petite blonde headed girls going missing.
Im wondering if maybe the females gone missing recently (within the year) maybe were part of the same "facebook group" or all had the same mutual friend for some odd reason. facebook can be a wide web of people who are connected in so many ways that its almost unimaginable.
Just something to think about.

HOW IN THE HECK can they say none of these cases are related when they have no freaking idea what happened to Mickey?!!!!!!

Wow, there you go. That graphic is quite telling. Compare to the national average. Shocking. So it's not just petty crime!!!!

I've typed in 10 different cities dispersed throughout the United States, just to test this website, and ALL 10 showed that the crime rates were above the national average. I picked small cities as well as large. About half of those had more crime than Lafayette. These statistics are flawed.

HOW IN THE HECK can they say none of these cases are related when they have no freaking idea what happened to Mickey?!!!!!!

I agree, but LE looks for MO's, and apparently, at least to the public, they don't see connections. Makes no sense, unless they don't want the risk of a serial killer out in the open. We can only hope that all agencies and angles are being investigated.

I think it is more because LE in some of the other cases have some idea of what happened to some of the other girls, or at least have POI's...i.e Paige, possibly Lauren, Holly's case has always been deemed "local", etc...JMO

I agree, but LE looks for MO's, and apparently, at least to the public, they don't see connections. Makes no sense, unless they don't want the risk of a serial killer out in the open. We can only hope that all agencies and angles are being investigated.

Agreed. And hopefully LE agencies are communicating with each other across county and state lines better than they are with the public. Because as far as what we've been given, we don't have an MO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne