LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I'm working on emailing all possible media outlets. Anyone want to start a contact list, or are we allowed to post that here? So far I have:

KATC, KLFY, The Advertiser/Times of Acadiana, KPEL, BIA. Still looking up email addresses for the rest.

IDK - check with a mod. If they can be posted, I'll send emails. I'd think we could fill up some in-boxes in a hurry!

The thing is, crime stats have been hashed, rehashed and heated up, on this thread already, many times. And what is the point? There is NO place in the USA IMO that would be safe riding a bike alone at 2am.
JMO

Ain't it the truth. Doesn't matter where you are, what city you live in, nor how much crime goes on, some stranger just passing through could see you alone and vulnerable and take advantage of you.

In all my time here, I've never heard this before. What in the heck are tags?
Labels attached to a thread to indentify information found or discussed therein. Look below the last post on any page, and there they are. Many times, tags are carried over from the thread before, and aren't kept up to date. But anyone can update them.

just trying to give benefit of the doubt, is it possible the lack of info being produced is due to LE playing the role of "incompetent"? maybe to give the perp a lack of info to go on so that he doesnt know what to think, or that maybe he will slip with the limited coverage of the story. Depending on his profile, he may become annoyed or grow arrogant with the lack of information. LE may have more info than anyone could fathom and possibly just waiting for a time to strike...if keeping the family in the dark is the price payed for an arrest or recovery than it may be worth it.

Through gritted teeth, I say this...

The Independent

Their journalism is, for the most part, sensationalist crapola, but they'd take a story like that and run with it like the true muckraking attention *advertiser censored*-iffic drama queens they are. And at the end of the day, if it draws attention to MS, then I'll take that.

IDK - check with a mod. If they can be posted, I'll send emails. I'd think we could fill up some in-boxes in a hurry!

I haven't been able to find a good, convenient list of contact emails but I messaged my SIL who is a reporter, asking if such a list exists, that would save time. So far I have been copying and pasting each one from various websites or FB pages and that is time consuming.

just trying to give benefit of the doubt, is it possible the lack of info being produced is due to LE playing the role of "incompetent"? maybe to give the perp a lack of info to go on so that he doesnt know what to think, or that maybe he will slip with the limited coverage of the story. Depending on his profile, he may become annoyed or grow arrogant with the lack of information. LE may have more info than anyone could fathom and possibly just waiting for a time to strike...if keeping the family in the dark is the price payed for an arrest or recovery than it may be worth it.
We can only hope they're "playing" incompetent.

But it usually - well, based on my experience - points to this fact: if LE has no info, they can give no info. Best not to take it further steps, into the realm of "they're laying back and waiting," at least to me. They're not dealing cards as they have none to deal. HOPE I AM WRONG.

Lexy Jones and Tanya Thibodeaux are both endangered runaways from Lafayette. At least once a week I look for information on these girls. They are both petite (under 5'3). They have also seemed to simply disappear. March 30 and April 21 are the missing dates. March, April, May...dang.

And so now we wait for June's...

I get what you're saying and while they might be a smart strategy, wouldn't they still want to appear to the public to be trying as hard as possible? It would seem smarter IMO, to act as if they are trying and just completely stumped, than not trying at all. It won't hurt us to send inquiries to the media as to why LE is being so quiet, if they have tried to get info and there is none to be had, and see what the general response is.

Ok my SIL says check the Louisiana Press Associations site, but she doesn't know of any clearinghouse with a list of emails. Bummer. Someone really needs to create one!

I don't know if LE will respond to pressure from the public to speak out; I'm not sure how much they would or could say anyway. I, at least, believe they are doing their best and working the case even if they are not saying so. I don't think they have set it aside. The one thing I DO think they should address is the issue of the truck-found, not found, whatever. JMO

I guess I'm still going with the rear tire bump and grab & go. I don't think it was planned - crime of opportunity but committed by a perp who'd offended sexually before. Knew enough to leave no trace of a crime scene. (Well, that we know of.) Organized approach.

Thanks wfgodot, that pretty much sums up my theory as well.

ACI - are the 2 people arrested in relation to Jaren Lockhart case either of the suspects you've been researching?

from what i read, LE states there is no connection in the petite blonde headed girls going missing.
Im wondering if maybe the females gone missing recently (within the year) maybe were part of the same "facebook group" or all had the same mutual friend for some odd reason. facebook can be a wide web of people who are connected in so many ways that its almost unimaginable.
Just something to think about.

I get what you're saying and while they might be a smart strategy, wouldn't they still want to appear to the public to be trying as hard as possible? It would seem smarter IMO, to act as if they are trying and just completely stumped, than not trying at all. It won't hurt us to send inquiries to the media as to why LE is being so quiet, if they have tried to get info and there is none to be had, and see what the general response is.

Ok my SIL says check the Louisiana Press Associations site, but she doesn't know of any clearinghouse with a list of emails. Bummer. Someone really needs to create one!

i agree 100%, try to get as much info as y'all can. i was just thinking about LE in a different light

Got the first reply back, from KATC...LE says no new developments. But of course they are telling me that if I have any useful info to please let them know....

eta: SIL says showing up in person would get better results than emails and phone calls. They can ignore or put you on hold, but in person they have to say something. She says a group is not necessary, one person showing up every hour at The Daily Advertiser office asking questions would prompt them to really bug LE for info and print something.

I think two people would be involved with Mickey . One to grab her and one to grab her bike. I think her bike was hit from the back and knocked her over. I don't think one person would be able to grab her and keep her in truck and still be able to get her bike in the truck. Unless she was knocked out or hurt in some way. I don't know..maybe it was just one person...but getting someone riding a bike seems pretty hard to do.

And so now we wait for June's...

That sent chills down my spine. Have always thought the perp may have been attracted to Mickey because of her size, thinking perhaps she was in her early teens. Ughh, I cannot even finish that thought...

:please:

'The sifting screen being carried by the investigator into the yard of their residence, Speak's transient history, lengthy record including violent felonies and sex crimes is very concerning'.

Police said the man has used many aliases across the country. He was arrested under the name of Terry Speaks. He is 39-years-old.

Read more: http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news...14800124/-/kdly2jz/-/index.html#ixzz1xiIBr4PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne