LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is LUS? Do you mean the LCG building? I didn't know we ever thought she went towards Azalea.

The point might be that it's one route that can be eliminated and I did read something about Azalea St. somewhere in the bazillion posts of one of the 28 threads.

LaffySleuth, you have just displayed what a valuable Public Safety asset, an aware citizen can be. Whether it turns out to be a worker stealing bldg materials or tools from the site, or something much more sinister.

Thanx for your awareness and willingness to get involved. 'Salute'!

Thank you for the compliment.

Something like this happens where you live...I don't know how to describe it.

There's like a switch, a need, a want to get involved as much as possible. It's how I was taught: If you see something, say something! I don't want to be one of these statistics, you know: "I WISH I would have said something...but I didn't think it was important!"

It's like the reason I give blood, despite the fact I get nauseated at the thought of needles. I give it because one day, I may need it! If I don't, then fantastic..I saved someone's life!

Thank you for your post District11. I have no direct knowledge of the oil industry. The comments about oil workers having no say whatsoever as to their schedules perplexed me but what do I know? I'm not a part of that world so I have no right to or basis for argument.

Here's what I do know. As the long suffering wife :blushing: of a soldier, who in later years had authority over a lot of troops, I know that a soldier who has a special reason or an important event coming up can always ask for leave or a day off. There is a person, who is usually approachable, in charge. Therefore, I find it almost impossible to believe and quite severe to think, that a man with considerable autonomy (owns his own business) could not plan ahead and arrange to have a particular day off ~ the day his son is graduating from high school. Shy of a regional emergency (or in soldiers' cases a global crisis where suddenly whole battalions are alerted to prepare, pack and get ready to deploy), usually humanity allows for reasonable grace when it comes to making allowances for employees to be there for family members, especially when it comes to relatable special days in one's life.

That said, as a military wife, after awhile I caught on that some soldiers did not want their spouses to know that they could always ask and their request would probably be granted. They made the Army their excuse.

And this is just one experience in the military. My husband is a LTC in the army and often the one in charge over the years...company command, battalion commander etc. and he has missed many important events while not deployed. I would think that with most jobs it's not a one size fits all. I wasn't surprised at all that he had missed the graduation, but maybe because I am desensitized to stuff like this ???

ETA this wasn't posted to be argumentative to the poster I quoted at all...I posted quickly and have posted on this very subject a few times in these 20+ threads so my thoughts may have come out not as clear as I had intended. My general feeling about her dad missing the graduation is that many professions are like that and unless you live it you probably don't think about it much...if that makes sense. And desensitized might be the wrong word, but I'm tired LOL. We are packing out this week to head to our final tour before retirement so it's been a crazy few days. My kids (7 and 11) are sooo done...and they haven't been doing it as long as my husband I have LOL. Also no matter how many things he has had to miss it never gets easy for my kids...yes they are used to it, but in no way does that make it easier on them. They want him there for everything and he certainly tries his hardest. But the notion that it's just a way of life and they roll with it is not true in our case.

On my mind today while I was at work~

Wondering if there were any signs of a wreck of a car on the road where Mickey was last pictured? Not physical pieces that fell off in a crash, but bent poles, signs, guardrails, deep ditch marks, etc.
From the point after she was on camera? The side streets Mickey may have taken after the video, since we don't know her exact route.
We are concentrating on the DWT and Mickey and the bike. Maybe we need to think about another vehicle involved off the grid of her regular route. The area sourrounding her-where there could be more evidence.

What is LUS? Do you mean the LCG building? I didn't know we ever thought she went towards Azalea.

LUS is Lafayette utilities and people can pay their bill at this building (the LCG building or city hall) so the names are interchangeable in Lafayette.

And it was hypothesized at one point that she may have cut across the employee parking lot of LUS to get to azalea st.

I really appreciate the information you shared. If it's ok for you to post more as you hear it, post away. Wouldn't want you get into trouble though.

yupikgirl, thanks to your husband, you and your family for his service as well.

I really appreciate the information you shared. If it's ok for you to post more as you hear it, post away. Wouldn't want you get into trouble though.

yupikgirl, thanks to your husband, you and your family for his service as well.

Ditto on all accounts!

I have considered this, not short and rich but rich guy. This seems like a very calculated, precise grab and go. Usually with SK's the victim always shows up within a matter of days, usually dead. LA

While I guess that's what happens most of the time, it's not a rule by any means.
Especially with south Louisiana's humidity, animals, heat, swampy conditions, etc. it seems as though it would be depressingly easy for a victim's remains not to be located for quite a while after a death or not at all.

Case in point: The body of one of DTL's victims (his DNA connects him to the abduction at the victim's home), that of Randi Mebeur, has never been found. She was killed in 1992. Christine Moore, who is widely believed to be another of DTL's victims, wasn't found until a month after she went missing. Her remains were skeletonized and deteriorated so bad that the perp's DNA could not be collected.

A few victims believed to be killed by Ted Bundy have never been found. And John Wayne Gacy kept victims' remains under his house for 33 years. Anthony Sowell kept the remains of 11 victims hidden in his home for years.

The DNA of an unidentified man who had committed a sexual assault four years earlier was found with the remains of Morgan Harrington. It may have been his first murder, maybe not (since he hasn't been found, it probably isn't/wasn't his last). Morgan's remains weren't found until 4 months after she went missing, despite being on a farm 10 miles or so from where she was last seen that young people in the area would go to party at.

Not all bodies are found right away or at all.

WOW, imo, having a plate blurrer says something. Maybe not about Mickey but it's hinky, unless, I'm wrong which happens often:)
Does anyone know why someone would have a plate blurrer?

I wish I had one when the traffic camera caught me making a right-turn on red after a "California stop." i just wrote a check today for $480 + $57 for traffic school. First ticket in my whole life.
License plate covers, etc. are illegal in California. Just sayin'....

I wish I had one when the traffic camera caught me making a right-turn on red after a "California stop." i just wrote a check today for $480 + $57 for traffic school. First ticket in my whole life.
License plate covers, etc. are illegal in California. Just sayin'....

It seems like they'd be illegal everywhere. Some municipalities count on their traffic fine money.

LUS is Lafayette utilities and people can pay their bill at this building (the LCG building or city hall) so the names are interchangeable in Lafayette.

If I find out anything else I will definitely share...we are all after the same goal!

Oops meant to quote juju!

You can quote me as anyone! Growing up, I had 4 brothers and no sisters and my mom would slip and call me by one of my brother's names. :)
You're right, we are after the same goal!
Bring Mickey home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But that is not true in the oil business. Certain workers are called in for emergency situations, and there is no way around it. If you want to keep your job, you answer the call.

And I don't know what the big deal is about graduation ceremonies. Not that huge of a deal. Our kids are way more concerned with our own celebrations of their graduations, and of course their presents. The ceremony is hot and crowded and too long and very boring. The kids usually leave immediately afterwards for Senior party anyway. So why the big deal about the dad missing the event? JMO

In my explanation of what I think, I included an out and recognize there are emergency situations when a person must report to work no matter what is going on on the homefront (a fireman on call would be a good example). What's so urgent about the oil industry that it has to ruin peoples' family lives? That's what it sounds like anyway. I know oil is needed, but it's all about those at the top making big bucks and manipulating society (and their employees I guess) - it's not the sun they're trying to keep up in the sky here.

The ceremony is a form of passage. That's what most ceremonies are. It's my opinion that a son would like his father's attention on that special day. I'm a daughter and appreciate that my dad chose to be at my graduation ceremony many years ago. He wanted me to feel special and recognized that I had finished the race, that I had accomplished something.

It's hard for me to believe you asked that question. jimo

In my explanation of what I think, I included an out and recognize there are emergency situations when a person must report to work no matter what is going on on the homefront (a fireman on call would be a good example). What's so urgent about the oil industry that it has to ruin peoples' family lives? That's what it sounds like anyway. I know oil is needed, but it's all about those at the top making big bucks and manipulating society (and their employees I guess) - it's not the sun they're trying to keep up in the sky here.

The ceremony is a form of passage. That's what most ceremonies are. It's my opinion that a son would like his father's attention on that special day. I'm a daughter and appreciate that my dad chose to be at my graduation ceremony many years ago. He wanted me to feel special and recognized that I had finished the race, that I had accomplished something.

It's hard for me to believe you asked that question. jimo

After the Deepwater Horizon catastrophe, I can tell you that most companies have become hyper vigilant.
His son probably did want his dad there however, he might know too that if he's going to college, they might need the money his father's job provides.

Please bear with me as I am new here. I've been lurking since the abduction & murder of Samantha Koenig. So I'm new to the forum, but I've tried to keep up w/news & the discussions.
I can't get past the fact that a "carnie" was in town the night Mickey disappeared. I've thought this from the beginning & its JMO. A lot of carnies have criminal backgrounds, which makes it easier to gain employment. Not only that, but they travel an awful lot, from city to city. That maybe a reason the infamous white truck never came forward. This also may explain the abductions of pretty petite blonde girls going missing in different states.
This is all pure speculation & JMHO that I cane seem to get past.
I apologize for typos I am on my phone. I too am here for the same goal...bring Mickey home & every other missing person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3