LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would, but I don't know how his number.

I was tempted to go back where the truck went, but my car wouldn't have made it.

Oh, and ACI would love this. I got a look at the guy...and found out he's on camera too!

That sounds VERY strange. I'd call it in to ACI ASAP!

What do you mean he's on camera? You mean there are cameras rolling at the construction site?

I was tempted to go back where the truck went, but my car wouldn't have made it.

Oh, and ACI would love this. I got a look at the guy...and found out he's on camera too!

Just tell ACI where this happened and he can check it out!

We never know what tip will lead to bringing Mickey home, and maybe this is THE ONE!

Thank you for your post District11. I have no direct knowledge of the oil industry. The comments about oil workers having no say whatsoever as to their schedules perplexed me but what do I know? I'm not a part of that world so I have no right to or basis for argument.

Here's what I do know. As the long suffering wife :blushing: of a soldier, who in later years had authority over a lot of troops, I know that a soldier who has a special reason or an important event coming up can always ask for leave or a day off. There is a person, who is usually approachable, in charge. Therefore, I find it almost impossible to believe and quite severe to think, that a man with considerable autonomy (owns his own business) could not plan ahead and arrange to have a particular day off ~ the day his son is graduating from high school. Shy of a regional emergency (or in soldiers' cases a global crisis where suddenly whole battalions are alerted to prepare, pack and get ready to deploy), usually humanity allows for reasonable grace when it comes to making allowances for employees to be there for family members, especially when it comes to relatable special days in one's life.

That said, as a military wife, after awhile I caught on that some soldiers did not want their spouses to know that they could always ask and their request would probably be granted. They made the Army their excuse.

Exactly. Thank you.

Why does this particular case deserve National media attention but not all the hundreds of others? Just wondering. Some of these cases barely get local attention.

No where did I state that only this case deserved media attention. As many of us know there are many cases that receive little to no media whatsoever which is IMO wrong!!!

When you do have a family that has a platform and the media interest, it is MO that they should use it to get their messages out and keep their family member in the news the very best they can.

From the missing to the unidentified there are cases no one has heard of before. One simply has to review the various threads on this forum to see which have had media attention.

Today feels like such a dreary, depressing day. I know we are all frustrated with the lack of progress in finding Mickey. I've noticed that neither Charlie or the "Find Mickey Now" FB pages have been status updated today, so I was wondering if some of you would like to join me for the next few minutes and pray for Mickey and her family and the efforts to find her.

We are far apart from each other, but we can join our thoughts together and support this family.

Thanks, peeps.

Today is the first day I believe this has happened, and it leaves me wondering if something has been (quietly) revealed. Even most of the social media team has been quiet on their personal walls. :(

Yes, the family has a history of mental instability. Yet, it would not be the motive.

LA

Correct. A.C.I stated there was mental illness in the persons family. He did not say the POI was mentally I'll, just that his behavior was unusual.He never claimed that a mentally ill person was a POI. False rumors get spread because people don't read carefully and then spread half-truths.

Thank you for your post District11. I have no direct knowledge of the oil industry. The comments about oil workers having no say whatsoever as to their schedules perplexed me but what do I know? I'm not a part of that world so I have no right to or basis for argument.

Here's what I do know. As the long suffering wife :blushing: of a soldier, who in later years had authority over a lot of troops, I know that a soldier who has a special reason or an important event coming up can always ask for leave or a day off. There is a person, who is usually approachable, in charge. Therefore, I find it almost impossible to believe and quite severe to think, that a man with considerable autonomy (owns his own business) could not plan ahead and arrange to have a particular day off ~ the day his son is graduating from high school. Shy of a regional emergency (or in soldiers' cases a global crisis where suddenly whole battalions are alerted to prepare, pack and get ready to deploy), usually humanity allows for reasonable grace when it comes to making allowances for employees to be there for family members, especially when it comes to relatable special days in one's life.

That said, as a military wife, after awhile I caught on that some soldiers did not want their spouses to know that they could always ask and their request would probably be granted. They made the Army their excuse.

But that is not true in the oil business. Certain workers are called in for emergency situations, and there is no way around it. If you want to keep your job, you answer the call.

And I don't know what the big deal is about graduation ceremonies. Not that huge of a deal. Our kids are way more concerned with our own celebrations of their graduations, and of course their presents. The ceremony is hot and crowded and too long and very boring. The kids usually leave immediately afterwards for Senior party anyway. So why the big deal about the dad missing the event? JMO

I have heard several versions of what he does ( owns his own business, works or an independent geology group, works for Texaco) but wherever he works, he is a geologist. It sounds to me like he does contract work for different companies. Doing contract work in the oilfield (in any business really) means no guaranteed income. And while he may have originally arranged to be off that weekend, he got called in. I'm sure he could have declined which would mean missing an opportunity for a paycheck and the possibility of that company not ever using him again. But he took the job, and in this economy, it makes sense to me.

I was hoping you'd have more to share. Has your IT friend seen the videos? Anything noteworthy you can share?

I don't know how much I'm allowed to say. He is the one who pulled the video for the city. He saw all of it. She did not go behind LUS toward azalea.

Today is the first day I believe this has happened, and it leaves me wondering if something has been (quietly) revealed. Even most of the social media team has been quiet on their personal walls. :(

'Folks, it is Father's Day weekend. Missing Person, & many other Forums take a nose dive on most holidays. This is the norm. 'Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there'!

Had a great time today with my daughter, as well as my grandaughter, who got most of the attention. Somewhere in the back of my mind all day were the many Fathers of missing; Tom Schunick, Dana Bobo, Dan Harrington, Drew Kesse. Marc Klaas, John Walsh, John Walsh, etc., the list is very long.

I wrote down as fast as I could.

Funny thing about the plate. It was covered by one of those plate blurrers. I couldn't make it out.

I will return there tomorrow.

WOW, imo, having a plate blurrer says something. Maybe not about Mickey but it's hinky, unless, I'm wrong which happens often:)
Does anyone know why someone would have a plate blurrer?

Please, please, PLEASE be careful.

Please thank your husband for his service.
Thanks to you and your family too for supporting him.

I don't know how much I'm allowed to say. He is the one who pulled the video for the city. He saw all of it. She did not go behind LUS toward azalea.

Thank-you soooo much. This is so needed. It's more information than we've had in ages.

I have heard several versions of what he does ( owns his own business, works or an independent geology group, works for Texaco) but wherever he works, he is a geologist. It sounds to me like he does contract work for different companies. Doing contract work in the oilfield (in any business really) means no guaranteed income. And while he may have originally arranged to be off that weekend, he got called in. I'm sure he could have declined which would mean missing an opportunity for a paycheck and the possibility of that company not ever using him again. But he took the job, and in this economy, it makes sense to me.

Thank you for saying this for me. I'm glad I read to the end first! :)

WOW, imo, having a plate blurrer says something. Maybe not about Mickey but it's hinky, unless, I'm wrong which happens often:)
Does anyone know why someone would have a plate blurrer?
They're relatively common in Lafayette because of the traffic cams that send out tickets.

Saw something really weird today.

Still on the fence about it. During an observation today (ask all you want, I ain't telling), a blue GMC Sierra (about 2003) parked next to a construction site and walked the site. He would routinely turn around and stop. I didn't think anything of it, at all. Then he went beyond some trees and stopped for a few minutes and walked back to his vehicle. He then drove to the place beyond the trees (dirt road), turned left onto another dirt road and was out of sight for 2-3 minutes. Again, I didn't think anything of it.

Then he was like a bat out of hell...

I then learned he had parked at this construction site about midnight for about an hour and then left.

Hate to say it, my first thought was Mickey.

Still wondering about tip line. I don't even know if LPD would have jurisdiction.

LaffySleuth, you have just displayed what a valuable Public Safety asset, an aware citizen can be. Whether it turns out to be a worker stealing bldg materials or tools from the site, or something much more sinister.

Thanx for your awareness and willingness to get involved. 'Salute'!

They're relatively common in Lafayette because of the traffic cams that send out tickets.

See, I was wrong. There is a legitimate reason. I've never heard of them but then I live in a smallish town with maybe 5 stoplights.

What is LUS? Do you mean the LCG building? I didn't know we ever thought she went towards Azalea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck