LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not being alienated. The private message said that they are all for me continuing my investigation, just that I'm not working for them. Which has to be said so that they aren't responsible for any of my actions

Ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foxfire, you should also be on the radio program! I think you said that you are a retired firefighter. God bless you. And thank you.

'Thanx for the kind words, concentric'. Yes, I am a retired Fire Captain from Atlanta, GA, and Public Safety is very important to me, as it is to us all.
I could never be on a radio talk show. I am too opinionated & my mouth doesn"t have a delete button...

I research missing persons investigations and assist in searches; both organized SAR and independent searches occasionaly.

I am speculating but it may be hard for a family member who is working hard to find their loved one to admit (even to themselves) that a person they have put so much trust and faith into is not doing the best job possible. Does that make sense?

Definitely-- but if was my family member I would not care if the Devil himself was sluething-- as long as I had an answer. No offense, ACI.

LA

I wouldn't think they would be held responsible for Abdella's actions either? I mean, they shouldn't be legally punished in any way for something that he does. If that's the case, maybe that's part of the reason why some people choose not to hire PI's. As if your family member going missing is not horrible enough, if a PI makes a mistake you're going to be in legal hot water for that on top of everything else?! I would surely hope not.

I am also thinking that they may be worried about someone else making a profit off Mickey's name, and that if they endorsed a second PI that would be taking away donations that would have gone only to Abdella. That to me, makes sense. (And I'm not saying I think ACI is going to profit off this) But I'm sure they have to take precautions to prevent every Tom, Dick and Harry from going around collecting money that doesn't really end up being used by official search efforts. If they acknowledge that ACI is "on the case" and provide related links on MS social media sites, then tomorrow it will be someone else, and the next day someone else. They obviously have to keep all the fundraisers and events organized and that is a job in itself.

A.C.I. and Foxfire both make me smile, and have hope, and that doesn't happen often.

This is the comment that caught my attention. I debated even saying anything as there are shades of rumor, but this post was made 5.oo am the morning of the 22nd. At that time the LE had not released the video of Mickey by the Circle K

I was at Circle K Monday evening around 10:30 or so. This guy with a planet fitness shirt or or some fitness shirt, said he would call. He said he had seen her at the circle K a night or two ago, I believe he said Saturday night. He said she was on her bike. He started talking to the cashier but I thought I heard him say something about seeing her talkng to some guy with long straight blond hair. Anywho I might have not heard exactly correct. I was fixing myself a thurst buster and could have misheard a few of the words or what not. Anywho, he said he was going to take the number down and give someone a call. I hope nothing has happened to this poor girl. I saw this on facebook while my daughter , my friend and myself were in Dallas at Comic Con. Good Bless and Good Luck.

I have a "dumb" phone...but I've heard from some "smart" users that their phone apps don't always give them the same, complete information that appears when they use their "real" computer.....If you're using a phone app, maybe it's not letting you view everything? IDK

I'm on a PC. I see nothing lol.

eta: Now that someone posted a link, I had to scroll down and click "more posts" a billion times...here's a direct link https://m.facebook.com/wall.php?id=175435545829287&time=1337692332&filter=2&refid=20

The post is on May 22, it has 17 replies. I dismissed it as a rumour until she showed up on the video. It has shades of the shaggy hair stanger alibi

I didn't see anything on the May 22 posts.!

I am going to toss this out there and I may be way off base.

IIRC the P.I. was originally hired originally by someone for the family not by the family. They may be walking a fine line here between various people/donations.

Just food for thought.

If I am wrong I am certain I will be corrected :)

I wouldn't think they would be held responsible for Abdella's actions either? I mean, they shouldn't be legally punished in any way for something that he does. If that's the case, maybe that's part of the reason why some people choose not to hire PI's. As if your family member going missing is not horrible enough, if a PI makes a mistake you're going to be in legal hot water for that on top of everything else?! I would surely hope not.

I am also thinking that they may be worried about someone else making a profit off Mickey's name, and that if they endorsed a second PI that would be taking away donations that would have gone only to Abdella. That to me, makes sense. (And I'm not saying I think ACI is going to profit off this) But I'm sure they have to take precautions to prevent every Tom, Dick and Harry from going around collecting money that doesn't really end up being used by official search efforts. If they acknowledge that ACI is "on the case" and provide related links on MS social media sites, then tomorrow it will be someone else, and the next day someone else. They obviously have to keep all the fundraisers and events organized and that is a job in itself.

No the client isn't responsible for my actual actions. I think it was meant more at anything I may say or release.

A.C.I checked out my tip and unfortunately, it was a dead end. Very informative, listened to what I said...I'm impressed.
Though...he doesn't have his Tom Selleck-like 'stache...yet
But I digress.

Exactly what do we know about Mickey?

And I'm talking about the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Ok. Aci....time to start growing the 'stache.....

What they said, in English, is don't believe a thing this guy(ACI) says or does.

Believe us and only us.

This is the comment that caught my attention. I debated even saying anything as there are shades of rumor, but this post was made 5.oo am the morning of the 22nd. At that time the LE had not released the video of Mickey by the Circle K

I was at Circle K Monday evening around 10:30 or so. This guy with a planet fitness shirt or or some fitness shirt, said he would call. He said he had seen her at the circle K a night or two ago, I believe he said Saturday night. He said she was on her bike. He started talking to the cashier but I thought I heard him say something about seeing her talkng to some guy with long straight blond hair. Anywho I might have not heard exactly correct. I was fixing myself a thurst buster and could have misheard a few of the words or what not. Anywho, he said he was going to take the number down and give someone a call. I hope nothing has happened to this poor girl. I saw this on facebook while my daughter , my friend and myself were in Dallas at Comic Con. Good Bless and Good Luck.

Interesting, I believe the weekend MS disappeared an Anime convention was ending in Lafayette.

Interesting, I believe the weekend MS disappeared an Anime convention was ending in Lafayette.

LouisiANIME. I wanted to go, but this responsibility thing prevented me.

May 18 - 20 were the dates...It was at the Hilton on Pinhook.

A couple of weeks ago I said that if I ever go missing that I want my family to hire A.C.I. and fly chicken in to help. Please add Foxfire as well.
I highly doubt I will ever go missing....just sayin...

Thanks for sharing that piece of info. I haven't seen any men with long straight blonde hair in a while, so wondering if this might have been a woman seen talking to Mickey. Now my mind is linking this to Margaret Sanchez/Terry Speaks and the Jaren Lockhart case. Kenner is not too far a stretch for these two creeps to have wandered, particularly since there was a New Orleans band playing at Artmosphere the same night Mickey went missing. I hope they were not involved, but I really think this needs to be considered.

Abdella probably asked the family to make a public statement so donations, and calls, continue to come his way as the official liason for LE to release info to. He may feel his job is complicated by another p.i. folks will want to talk to and not him Or that they will discover important information he and LE are keeping close to the vest. I am sure all eyes are appreciated by Mickey's family.

A.C.I., I would venture that, if Charles Manson cracked this case from his prison cell, the family would be thankful (sorry for the less than artful analogy, but I'm sure you get my drift). The main question remains, where is Mickey? Anyone out there who wants to search, hire detectives, consult psychics, pray, meditate, or discuss theories on WS, please have at it! We can happily worry about who to give the credit to AFTER she is found. Sorry if I seem a little testy, but no one can be adequately prepared to deal with a situation that is so outside of normal reality, so a little empathy is certainly warranted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member