LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it would be even more heartbreaking if she was inside that building, after a month right under everyone's nose :( God Bless you Mickey and all the searchers

Yeah it would be. Seems like IIRC there was a girl found inside a wall once. I don't think she had been there long.

Doesn't the former hospital have a guard?
And why would it be so easy for someone to get inside there? Is it not secured?

I have wondered the same thing. Two cute little blonde sisters, imo, might have goofed around, laughed about people who tried to pick them up. Just a hunch. I think it is possible that someone got upset with them that night. And they were drinking because she was still hungover.

:blushing: I'm hesitant to say this as I hate the thought of being a dirty old man, but those two girls are more than cute to me. They could also pass for twins in one picture I saw of them and their parents. IMO they would have gotten a LOT of attention no matter where they were. They would from me anyway if I were 20 yrs younger. Ok 25.

maybe we haven't heard much because LE is keeping it to themselves. After the fiasco they had with Derrick Todd Lee, the South Louisiana Serial Killer, who victimized at least 5 women (believed to be 17) in Baton Rouge and its outlying areas. (book is called Blood Bath) they don't want to make the same mistakes. They caught Todd (for other crimes) and put him in prison several times but he kept getting out and killing more women. He roamed south la killing women he had stalked. The cops were looking for a white guy and DNA swapped several 100 white guys who drove "white pickups". They were looking for the wrong guy for years. I hope this isn't the case and it doesn't get too political that le can't see the forest thru the trees.

With so many ground searches throughout the Lafayette area having been conducted (far more than I would think would be typical for any city for a missing person), I am trying to account for why nothing would be found along Mickey route that night.
I mean, unless she went willingly (don't think this is the case) --imo, something should have been left behind along the road way. She's a smart girl (carries pepper spray), if she had even a second to realize what was occurring or opportunity later on, she would have thrown or dropped something to be found by LE or her friends. But if the perp took all of her belongings and threw them in a homeowner's garbage can, the items would have been picked up within a two day period and long gone from the scene of Mickey's abduction by the time any organized searches were started.
Knowing that the use of city garbage collection to hide evidence happens often by perps, I wonder if garbage cans were searched prior to pick-up that week. When I looked at the city pick up schedule for the St Landry area, it looks like pick ups would have occurred on Monday for that immediate area and on Tuesday for the area a little south(?) of St Landry.
default.aspx
http://gis2.lafayettela.gov/PW_ParishGarbagePickup/default.aspx

Father's Day yesterday, 30 days since Mickey Schunick vanished today.. Silence by investigators for weeks. The most valuable resource in missing persons investigations; the American public, is being squandered, imo.
"When will they learn"? "When will the Silent Epidemic of missing persons end"?

"Where have all the flowers gone"?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYii6nxhvUk"]Where have all the flowers gone? Live - YouTube[/ame]

I don't even have a real concept of how big the Hospital and its grounds would be, but I hope people keep it in mind. Obviously, if more video footage exists that will change EVERYTHING. Hope we get updates soon.

I feel like I know a lot about Mickey. We have a lot of details that tell us what was important to her, what she liked doing, what her dreams were, etc. I don't feel like she is a mystery by any means. The only mystery to me is why she didn't get home that night.

The old hospital is 25 acres of properties with buildings, parking garages, etc. and approximately 430, 000 square feet between 7 stories in the main building. It's a full hospital campus.
http://www.latterblum.com/properties/featured/hospital-and-complete-medical-campus-lafayette-la

To my way of thinking, when someone goes missing one of the most important aspects of a search would be to take a really close look at that person's recent life .... but it is my understanding we aren't allowed to that here, correct?

I'm behind today - just catching up. I don't think we can talk about them either - but there are several questions I have about Mickey. Wish we could put some of them out there to help us understand who Mickey was. I don't feel like I've learned anything at all about her. It's hard to come up with possible scenarios when we have no information. It could end up being something simple, based on a part of her life that is not generally known.

I think the key word here is "professional". I know my opinion will not be a popular one. But when a so called professional is touting his cause and bashing another of the same profession IMOO that is unprofessional.

I know this is an older post, but I think it's important to address it..because it is a good valid point, ideally. However, this is not an ideal situation and I don't think A.C.I would simply bash someone for his own gain. I don't know him personally and I would be front and center calling him down if I had a notion that he had done so.

I believe the comments he made about the other "professional" were out of frustration. Imagine putting in countless hours and resources, unreimbursed to find any crumb of a lead to go on; to follow through completely on those leads; and to willingly turn over all info to the hired investigator (or at least attempt to...often to no avail).

In addition, to add insult to injury, the mislead family, out of ...whatever (fear of losing info, loyalty to initially hired PI, stress, etc), addresses the public in a way that discredits A.C.I. (whether intended or not) and has put him in an undeserved position of worrying about his reputation (which is everything in a city like Lafayette).

I have felt the same frustration, as I see the other "professional" often...walking his dog in the afternoons...hosting out of town guests all weekend long. That doesn't give me the right to judge, I know; but it does appear, to the objective eye, that to one "professional", this is a job and to the other, a passion.

As someone who has to hire PIs for work related reasons (I never have less than four 'on hire' at any given time), I know which one I would have more faith in after taking an objective view of both.

I think this was one of the first places family and friends flocked to before the actual organized searches began. Supposedly, the entire parking garage was thoroughly searched, IIRC.

The entire interior of the building needs to be searched with dogs!

Allusonz, actually the police imposter in MS was arrested but was not the highway shooter that murdered the two victims. The highway shooter was also arrested:

http://www.abc24.com/content/topsto...ississippi/LqmXqgOM2k-YYfxH7fX6pw.cspx?rss=59

Police Impersonator in Custody in Mississippi

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mississipp...pect-caught-rape-kidnapping/story?id=16375203

> U.S.

Mississippi Highway Shooting Suspect Caught After Rape and Kidnap

Thanks!! I did not make this post clear as it was 2 different individuals. It was for the most part happening right around the time of the Bain girls and I thank you for the clarification :)

The old hospital is 25 acres of properties with buildings, parking garages, etc. and approximately 430, 000 square feet between 7 stories in the main building. It's a full hospital campus.
http://www.latterblum.com/properties/featured/hospital-and-complete-medical-campus-lafayette-la

I don't believe every inch has been searched. I think we would have heard that police obtained a warrant, because it is private property! Of all other places in the near area of Mickey's disappearance, that complex need to be searched. That would be so bad if she was in there! Yes there is a security guard, but how much can one do?!

Second truck driver came forward 2 weeks ago. There is more video of her, MS, after city hall on St. Landry. LE wants to talk to white truck driver for possible info. To verify contact Det. Bajah LPD.

Please clarify:

There is more video of MS on St. Landry after City Hall? Or there is more video of MS after City Hall on St. Landry?

Is the additional footage of MS riding on St. Landry past City Hall?

Maybe the media can put the pressure on LE to find out if the entire old OLOL Hospital/Medical campus has been searched and if it hasn't they can put the pressure on them to do so!

They weren't together that night. Mickey asked Charlie to go meet her but Charlie ended up staying with friends in Baton Rouge (I think) and not meeting up with Mickey.

Eta: are you talking about Thursday night or Friday night? My comment was about Friday night so sorry if you were talking about another night.

I was talking about the previous night, when apparently Mickey and Charlie went out together, and drank and partied. I wondered if maybe they pissed someone off, who might have then seen Mickey all alone the next night, riding home.

There is a story of a 20 yr. old who went missing 3 mo. ago and has been found. I'm sure someone has already posted it somewhere and I missed it due to having to skip around so much. It just shows to never give up hope. While I hate to think of anyone being held somewhere against their will and subjected to who knows what, at least this young woman is coming home to her family.

K

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1991-11-18/news/9111180298_1_subbiah-fussell-illinois-state

is this case on WS? I find this a little sketchy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megamookie