LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But you're not a person with an evil mind who studies this type of thing.

There's now way that I could act normal. I'd be a basket case. The guilt must be unimaginable if it was an accident.
Cold hearted killers or kidnappers on the other hand....

Blondes, from what I've read about human trafficking are highly desirable to men in Latin American, Asian, and Middle Eastern countries because they're exotic. These men want quality girls not used up girls.
The only good thing about Mickey being bought for this trade is that she isn't dead and there's a prayer she could come home one day.

I have a very good friend that is from the US but is living in South Korea. Many of these young women end up there. He has seen them and it's common knowledge. Based on what he has told me she would be a little old for trafficking. Not to say that it isn't a possibility but the ones he is aware of are much younger.

Before this is asked...no, there is nothing he can do. It's not a huge secret there and for whatever reason no one seems to do anything about it.

I think it's possible that the perp was not actively looking for a victim at all.

He happened to spot Mickey while he was driving, and the sight of a striking blonde riding her bike all alone got his gears cranking fast.

He impulsively grabbed Mickey and her bike, and somehow it ended in tragedy.

:mad:

It's possible, but it seems evidence would have been left behind if it wasn't at least somewhat planned. Maybe the perp had gone over the idea in his head before, saw her, and decided to act on it.

I have often felt the same way. But...if so, which one of us is he/she??? That is the scary part. :please::what:

you know - in all my years of crime following, that is one thing i haven't believed really happens *Except* in the daniel horowitz/pam vitale case - i can never be convinced dan wasn't following and posting prolifically.

otherwise, i feel LE is kept soooooo busy following regular leads ... can't see why they would need obscure comments from message boards.

that being said - i DO believe that juror consultants do glean an advantage from reading these type of boards. i hate that too. both sides should just *fokking* pick - afterall - it IS supposed to be a jury of ones' peers - right?

you know - in all my years of crime following, that is one thing i haven't believed really happens *Except* in the daniel horowitz/pam vitale case - i can never be convinced dan wasn't following and posting prolifically.

otherwise, i feel LE is kept soooooo busy following regular leads ... can't see why they would need obscure comments from message boards.

that being said - i DO believe that juror consultants do glean an advantage from reading these type of boards. i hate that too. both sides should just *fokking* pick - afterall - it IS supposed to be a jury of ones' peers - right?

I don't think it was ever proven, but I do believe Dennis Rader did at least read about himself on a message board and he may have actually posted not long before he was actually caught. He is a narcissist and had to know what people were saying about him.

Is it common? I'd say it depends on the kind of perp.

John Abdella was originally hired by the father of one of Mickey's students to help find Mickey. We have since retained him as our family's investigator in this case. Johnny Abdella is the only private investigator we have actually had contact with in this abduction. He follows every lead he is given.
He has a reputation as a dogged, relentless and versatile investigator - we trust him; we hope he finds something to break this case and find our daughter. He will take tips and clues from anyone, under any circumstances, and pursue these to their conclusion. I would encourage anyone with any glimmering of information to transmit that info to Johnny Abdella - he is discreet and thorough and you can rely on his good name.
His only goal is to find our daughter.
Our only goal is to find our daughter. Everything else is just lagniappe.
Numerous friends and strangers have contributed towards a reward fund, and we want to give this money to the person to brings Mickey home to us. Period. No questions, no hassle, we want to pay out this money and get our child back.
It is all about Mickey.

It's all about Mickey! Every day I wake up hoping that today is the day. My thoughts and prayers are always with you.

http://www.katc.com/news/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

May 19, 2012: 12:44 am: Mickey and Wilson left Artmosphere and rode their bikes back to his house on Ryan Street. They then went to Taco Bell on Congress in his car to grab a bite to eat. Video surveillance confirmed this, showing them in the drive through at 1:24 am.

For those wondering about them driving a little further to go to the other Taco Bell, I remember going out and eating at Taco Bell afterwards on MANY nights!! We alway went to the Congress location, even though it was a little out of the way, for 2 reasons:
1. The one near campus is very small and dirty, and at that time of the night, the line of cars were waiting on Johnstion st. to turn in.
2. the food alwasys seemed "fresher" and neater at the Congress location (if that makes any sense for Taco Bell, LOL)
So I completely understand as I have done the same thing numerous times!

JMO and maybe help ya'll out in seeing the reasoning behind it.

In certain conditions remains can become skeletonized very quickly. Much faster than I had ever imagined. I don't think this is her though.

I don't think it was ever proven, but I do believe Dennis Rader did at least read about himself on a message board and he may have actually posted not long before he was actually caught. He is a narcissist and had to know what people were saying about him.

Is it common? I'd say it depends on the kind of perp.

thx for that info. i only chose dan horowitz b/c i actually saw him posting (and corresponded with him) about pam's case, and then some others before hers.

it's my believe that dan won't remain hidden under the cloak of innocense for too much longer :)

Anyone else ever think that maybe what happened to Mickey started not from a car, but from the ground? Just thinking out loud here...

I have often felt the same way. But...if so, which one of us is he/she??? That is the scary part. :please::what:

Agreed. That's why I try not to be specific about where I live. It saddens me that the majority of us truly care about Mickey being found, yet the person responsible could be on this site messing with us, or just lurking. It is unsettling.

Anyone else ever think that maybe what happened to Mickey started not from a car, but from the ground? Just thinking out loud here...

Yes, I think this is quite possible. I'm not convinced Mickey was hit by a vehicle.

John Abdella was originally hired by the father of one of Mickey's students to help find Mickey. We have since retained him as our family's investigator in this case. Johnny Abdella is the only private investigator we have actually had contact with in this abduction. He follows every lead he is given.
He has a reputation as a dogged, relentless and versatile investigator - we trust him; we hope he finds something to break this case and find our daughter. He will take tips and clues from anyone, under any circumstances, and pursue these to their conclusion. I would encourage anyone with any glimmering of information to transmit that info to Johnny Abdella - he is discreet and thorough and you can rely on his good name.
Numerous friends and strangers have contributed towards a reward fund, and we want to give this money to the person to brings Mickey home to us. Period. No questions, no hassle, we want to pay out this money and get our child back.
It is all about Mickey.

Dear Ms. Nancy,

Please know how much in awe I am in for your presence here on WS and for your beloved daughter. * No words can express my heartfelt sympathy for what you're going through, but please know wholeheartedly that 90% of the discussion going on on WS, ever since the very first days after her disappearance, have been in a respectful, genuine, professional and sometimes knowledgable manner. I know a lot of forums get a bad rap, but as a cajun-bred/tell it like it is/who's your mom and them- type of girl, *I've found comfort knowing people are constantly sharing and debating ideas of the whereabouts of Mickey. Every once in a while, there's someone who might say something inappropriate, but it's usually shutdown by the other 90% of good people with an eager desire to get Mickey home to you and your family. I write this because I came here with skepticism not knowing what it was about. But then, I found it as a place to release the angst I have going about my daily life in fear ever since Mickey disappeared. *It's comforting to know you are accepting of ACI's help. And please know that all of us here who have read his responses day in and day out, know Mickey has one dynamic crew working for her! *Mr. Abdella's name, wisdom and prominence paired with ACI's youth, network and technology skills makes for a powerful duo! *Thank you again for stopping in! *May all of your prayers be answered and may us all find Mickey real soon! *Blessings, FB*

Same dress on different dates worn by different modelsmoo
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alden...h_b_787720.html#s189617&title=Dress_Of_Fabric
11/28/10
fur5.png
http://www.righteousfur.com/photos.html?album=1&gallery=3
1/08/10 and 3/6/10
fur3.png
http://www.righteousfur.com/photos.html?album=1&gallery=2
11/12/10
fur2.png

The only connection I see is the recycling, "green", "enviornmentally friendly animal lover" mentality...
I believe people like MS would support this cause...
Not saying she did or would have but it makes sense to me.

" The effort surprisingly includes vegans and vegetarians among its ranks of designers, who reference Native American philosophy in seeking to honor the nutria by using every part, including the wicked canine teeth."
Guilt free fur!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alden...h_b_787720.html#s189617&title=Dress_Of_Fabric

whoever the perp may be, there are a few things that can be said just by the lack of evidence provide. 1, he is most likely a loner or a widower and has no close friends. Having friends that you see or talk to would be able to pick up on any type of notion that there is something wrong with him. 2, if he is mentally stable or not, both play a factor. Depending on which diagnosis the perp may have, there could be a huge amount of attention to details which would be reason why lack of evidence, but on the other side of the spectrum if he is very brilliant that would account for the lack of evidence too. 3. He would appear to be very familiar with the surrounding areas and roads, time to get in and get out and even being aware of what time people are out and about could have easily aided in this crime.

I dont feel the bike was part of his crime, yes maybe he did hit the bike, but i think it was left on site, thats too much time and baggage to take along with you. I feel someone took the bike that had nothing to do with the situation and planned on maybe making a few bucks off of it, but once he saw there was a bike being sought may have tried to dump it far away. and doesnt want to come forward, cuz lets face it, if youre out at 2am stealing bikes, chances are you may have other issues that you might not want law enforcement to catch up with you on, Self preservation. I think there were two seperate crimes here, one led to the other

I sincerely hope for a very happy ending for you and your family.

I do have a few questions I would like answered if you would
be so kind to send someone here to represent you. Thank-you.

It is all about Mickey.

thx for that info. i only chose dan horowitz b/c i actually saw him posting (and corresponded with him) about pam's case, and then some others before hers.

it's my believe that dan won't remain hidden under the cloak of innocense for too much longer :)

O/T -- You are speaking about Dan Horowitz, the lawyer? Scott Dyleski was found guilty of Pam's murder years ago. DNA, his mother testified against him, etc. put Scott behind bars by the jury.

It's possible the perp or perps were familiar enough to Mickey that she accepted a ride.

I understand what some posters are saying about how traffickers wouldn't abduct a middle class white woman because of all the attention and resources put into the case but then I also think that they probably get a "high" from knowing that their newest victim is "famous", perverts might pay higher amounts, runaways might have STD's or be busted-looking, etc.

You have to think about who the client is and that is your next door neighbor. Traffickers cater to American men on 'business' travel. American men know the stigma and legal complications of having their fantasy night with a 14 year old in the US. In many countries it's as simple as telling the concierge that you want a 12 and 13 year old for the night. It's not even frowned upon although kept confidential.

It's a horrible thought I know but until these men stop paying for these services trafficking will continue to increase. Young caucasion women are desired because American men associate them as being cleaner. Sad. However, they usually are runaways and somehow I guess it makes it easier for them to solicit their services. A trafficker would be crazy to grab someone like Mickey. They don't need the drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129