LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I'm new to this forum. So this may have been asked already. Just wondering if the white truck in question that is suspect, do you think this person is familiar with the area? If so, maybe this truck has shown up on video the previous nights before MS was taken. Do you think LE/Private investigators viewed them? Could someone answer or speculate?

:Welcome1::welcome3:

A lot of more recent perps seem incited by alcohol. Being 2 AM, the perp probably had been drinking (maybe not drunk, but enough to make him violent). He was probably out looking for a victim and he just happened to see MS.

I am narrowing my opinion that it is someone local, likely drunk, on their normal drive home after leaving a bar. For whatever reason, likely the alcohol, they accidentally hit her and flipped out. Maybe they have prior DUI convictions, maybe a family...maybe just selfish. But they knew if they reported it they would end up going to prison so they made a terrible decision by taking her and the bike.

Once they had her in the car it was too late to change their mind even if they wanted to. They likely disposed of the bike conveniently...maybe somewhere they have been before so that they wouldn't seem out of place. It's difficult to imagine someone random would go the extra step to end a life but they may have been desperate to not get caught and not at full capacity.

If it were an accident then I would expect there to be some damage based on the fact that the back rim was damaged enough to cause the tire to dislodge. It takes a good hit to bend a rim. It could be as minor as some scratches on the bumber to having the windshield shattered. There likely wasn't much of a crime scene. We know that she had a leather backpack/purse and based on the daytime pic of her, rode with it strapped across her body. When I ride my bike, I don't have anything in my hands...nothing. So the perp would have grabbed a petite person and a bike. You can do that within a minute or two.

People abduct women for sexual reasons usually. It seems difficult to imagine that someone would hit her bike to the extent that she is seriously injured just so they could assault her. She is so small, alone on a bike at 2am...there would be no reason to feel the need to injure her. Even the worst sicko's likely don't want to assault someone that is bleeding. That is just more evidence for LE to find in their vehicle.

I have faith in LE and have a strong suspiscion that they have identified the truck whether or not they were a witness or a suspect. If not then it should happen soon enough. The passenger rear window has some type of sun shade or something else that someone out there is familiar with. Someone out there saw this truck and knew immediately who it belonged to. They could be silent because they are close to an arrest and don't want to jeopardize the investigation. The PI is smart enough to keep that quiet.

If i were the suspect, I would act completely normal. If the damage was noticeable I would fix it myself by stealing the parts so that they couldn't be tracked. I would clean it in some sort of high powered way so that chemicals wouldn't be necessary. I would act oblivious to all of the news reports and if LE or a PI asked, I would admit being in the area because if I weren't guilty then I would have no reason to lie.

I like the way you think .......

It sounds like the remains found in Dallas have been there a while, longer than a month from the sound of it. JMO

(Who is missing in that area that we know of? I know there was a woman from Mesquite, I don't think she was ever found, can't think of her name.)

Ola ......first post.....im trying to get brave enough to post my thoughts .......I have read every thread.....I am amazed bye your dedication to find MS... I am downloading some
missing posters to put out in southern AR. I live 15 min from LA..... keep on keeping on......

:welcome::wagon::welcome3:

I have often felt the same way. But...if so, which one of us is he/she??? That is the scary part. :please::what:

Yea - that IS the scary part. I always wonder about that on every case I follow and figure it's probably a new poster or a hit and run poster. The thing is, we are all pretty much anonymous on here and anyone of us could be something other than what we present ourselves to be. (Except for those who are verified!!!)

:blushing: I promise I'm a good person! :what:

It sounds like the remains found in Dallas have been there a while, longer than a month from the sound of it. JMO

(Who is missing in that area that we know of? I know there was a woman from Mesquite, I don't think she was ever found, can't think of her name.)

There are a ton of missing women from all over the DFW area and it spans decades.

To any new member/s that I missed-

:greetings: :wagon: :welcome2: :welcome4:

John Abdella was originally hired by the father of one of Mickey's students to help find Mickey. We have since retained him as our family's investigator in this case. Johnny Abdella is the only private investigator we have actually had contact with in this abduction. He follows every lead he is given.
He has a reputation as a dogged, relentless and versatile investigator - we trust him; we hope he finds something to break this case and find our daughter. He will take tips and clues from anyone, under any circumstances, and pursue these to their conclusion. I would encourage anyone with any glimmering of information to transmit that info to Johnny Abdella - he is discreet and thorough and you can rely on his good name.
His only goal is to find our daughter.
Our only goal is to find our daughter. Everything else is just lagniappe.
Numerous friends and strangers have contributed towards a reward fund, and we want to give this money to the person to brings Mickey home to us. Period. No questions, no hassle, we want to pay out this money and get our child back.
It is all about Mickey.

Thank you for speaking to us. I'm in another part of the country and have been consumed with thoughts of Mickey since I first read what happened. I go to bed thinking of her and wake up thinking of her. My prayers go out to all of you.

Hi Nancy,

We ALL want your Mickey back home!

I hope you are able to feel the love so many people are directing toward you and your family.

Godspeed in Mickey's return.

There are some beautiful and stunning new posters on the Find Mickey facebook page.
We will never stop looking, someone knows where Mickey is, you will see her face everywhere until she is home!

John Abdella was originally hired by the father of one of Mickey's students to help find Mickey. We have since retained him as our family's investigator in this case. Johnny Abdella is the only private investigator we have actually had contact with in this abduction. He follows every lead he is given.
He has a reputation as a dogged, relentless and versatile investigator - we trust him; we hope he finds something to break this case and find our daughter. He will take tips and clues from anyone, under any circumstances, and pursue these to their conclusion. I would encourage anyone with any glimmering of information to transmit that info to Johnny Abdella - he is discreet and thorough and you can rely on his good name.
His only goal is to find our daughter.
Our only goal is to find our daughter. Everything else is just lagniappe.
Numerous friends and strangers have contributed towards a reward fund, and we want to give this money to the person to brings Mickey home to us. Period. No questions, no hassle, we want to pay out this money and get our child back.
It is all about Mickey.

It is all about Mickey and getting her home with her family. I hope and pray that happens today!

I don't think the person responsible for Mickey's disappearance would have spilled the beans by now. Self preservation and all that. MOO- if it were an accident and they "freaked out", took her and the bike and did whatever- they aren't the type to tell their friends what happened. They couldn't/wouldn't call 911 for help when a true accident occurred? That's what's mind boggling to me. I am sure that if I were to accidentally injure or kill a
Person, I would be scared to death of jail and the process I would be facing but I don't think my own fear would stop me from attempting to get the person help. I really never bought the accident/cover-up theory. But if that was the case, I don't see the person going through such great lengths to conceal their crime just to turn around and tell a buddy or a girlfriend. I mean, you don't know how people would react to that type of news. If my friends, family members, or spouse ever "confided" info like that to me, I would report it. Especially when I see Nancy Shunick on the news with tears in her eyes. I want Mickey to be found- whatever condition she may be in- so her family can get the answers they deserve.

You think you would report it but who knows if faced with that situation. What if it was your spouse or child or elderly father? If it were my child I don't know that I would report it. It's a sad reality. Luckily my child's Father is an attorney so we would at least have a clue what we were facing. It would be difficult to send your child or spouse to prison. I think you would just forever regret that they didn't just call 911 and face the consequences. One thing to be charged with DUI/Bodily Injury and an entire other story to face what this person may have done.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had a friend who's family member told her about a murder and other crimes he committed. She never told.

House demolished three weeks ago, remains not there at that point, so they concluded they are relatively recent.

LA

As I see it, the family is confident in their PI and trusts him. I hope people will forward leads, as Mickey's mother suggests. JMO

House demolished three weeks ago, remains not there at that point, so they concluded they are relatively recent.

LA

The remains could have been moved by the perp or carried by animals. Since it is just a skull and a few other unattached bones, that almost guarantees the person has been dead at least a year.

Decomposition into skeletal remains actually takes quite a while unless the body is submerged in water.

A lot of more recent perps seem incited by alcohol. Being 2 AM, the perp probably had been drinking (maybe not drunk, but enough to make him violent). He was probably out looking for a victim and he just happened to see MS.

I think it's possible that the perp was not actively looking for a victim at all.

He happened to spot Mickey while he was driving, and the sight of a striking blonde riding her bike all alone got his gears cranking fast.

He impulsively grabbed Mickey and her bike, and somehow it ended in tragedy.

:mad:

Interesting that Houston is a major city where this is a problem. So is Baton Rouge. Both are quickly accessible via I-10. I have seen others say its impossible that Mickey was taken for human trafficking because she doesn't fit the runaway/lifestyle choice of most womn who end up involved in trafficking.. However, for me, it's still on the table. She could have been mistaken for the normal victim type if it were a spur of the moment grab and go. Maybe they didn't expect her family an the Lafayette community to react the way they did.
To continue this thread of thought- why do those who disagree with the human trafficking angle think it's completely not possible?

The only reason I find the human trafficking angle to be unlikely is because from what I've read on BR trafficking is it seems to mainly be younger women than Mickey. Likely because they'd be an easier mark/brainwashed. That doesn't mean it isn't possible, just maybe less likely.

I will say that I still believe that whoever took her knew exactly what he/she was doing. People don't vanish without a trace due to an accident.

I read an interesting article about a girl who was a victim of human trafficking/slavery. She knew her abductor, he was her high school crush. IF Mickey was the victim of this, I would have to think that she wouldn't willingly get into the car of someone she didn't know, but someone she did know...

Article:
http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=13915448

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members