LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent point and I'm wondering if A.C.I. has interviewed the person who discovered the bike? Didn't LE search WB before the bike discovery and came up empty handed? Still think the bike offers more insight. Although people are making valid points for and against the perp(s) being a local, the fact Whiskey Bay is a special place for Louisiana residents is in general agreement.

Driving to WB when (yes) there are numerous other ways and areas to dispose of evidence is baffling. Crossing two parishes would involve different agencies and create confusion for LE. Why not just dismantle the bike and throw it out in random garbage containers, bayous or drainage ditches? Why not leave it at the scene (if there was drunk driving accident)? Was the bike ever supposed to be found? Or was finding that bike a miracle due to the water levels? The bike location, only the grips being removed..this known evidence should not be taken for granted. JMHO. Thanks to everyone reviewing the bike/WB evidence.

ahhh haaa...great post!

Didn't a local (maybe Chicken?) try to say that it is possible the bike was left by a boat? Or even probable? That makes my head explode.

I'm not "quick to dismiss" the idea. It does require a modicum of thought.

To speak of "trafficking" is to speak of an organized entity. Traffickers are businesspeople and businesspeople play percentages no matter their business.

Ah, but these are sick / demented/ psychopathic business people. They don't necessarily play by exactly the same rules. Its relative to trying to figure out why someone would hack a body to pieces or eat someones face or harm innocent children. Some people want what they want. Have you never met someone who's ego seriously disturbed you & made you feel unsafe?

I'm not "quick to dismiss" the idea. It does require a modicum of thought.

To speak of "trafficking" is to speak of an organized entity. Traffickers are businesspeople and businesspeople play percentages no matter their business.

The percentages are pretty good at 2am in a college town.

Agreed. Human trafficking and slavery is something I've actually read a lot about. There are thousands of beautiful young women who, through their own volition, walk right into situations that eventually lead to their enslavement. They do not need to be kidnapped. The common denominator is that these women put themselves in harms ways because they want something. Sometimes it's money, sometimes drugs, sometimes fame. In Europe, most are eastern (old Iron Curtain countries, Russia, central Asia) and are looking for jobs, with wrong ideas about some pot of gold awaiting because of western money pouring into the region. In Bosnia, US defense contractor, DynCorp, was busted for trafficking in eastern bloc women. Many end up in Israel, a near human trafficking headquarters. The enticements must be huge as these girls, from poor countries, see western elements flashing around massive sums of (US taxpayer) money. So many of those girls are really gorgeous and are probably fed BS about how someone is going to get them a big break in modeling or acting - if they'll just do a little sex for money first. In places like Thailand, poor families sell their young daughters, outright, to raise money for the family. They view it as sending her to work. Costa Rica is another place full of young girl prostitutes, which is one of the (not well known) reasons it's such a popular tourist destination for American and European men. In the US, we have hoards of girls who would do just about anything to be famous. Los Angeles is crawling with them and the predators who use them. These creeps who do this to women do not need someone like Mickey. Why risk life in prison when you can get an aspiring actress or supermodel for the price of a few dinners and some BS empty promises?

Why do people sell drugs, pimp *advertiser censored*, steal, murder?

I don't think this is what happened to Mickey but there are counterpoints to be made.

The great fascination with trafficking appears almost to have a fairy tale-like quality about it - our need to create a narrative that is not straightforward, like many of the stories in "One Thousand and One Nights" (a.k.a. "Arabian Nights"). Of these, the Italian directer Pier Paolo Pasolini wrote:
[E]very tale in The Thousand and One Nights begins with an 'appearance of destiny' which manifests itself through an anomaly, and one anomaly always generates another. So a chain of anomalies is set up. And the more logical, tightly knit, essential this chain is, the more beautiful the tale. By 'beautiful' I mean vital, absorbing and exhilarating. The chain of anomalies always tends to lead back to normality. The end of every tale in The One Thousand and One Nights consists of a 'disappearance' of destiny, which sinks back to the somnolence of daily life ... The protagonist of the stories is in fact destiny itself.
To attempt to arrange a narrative in this manner is actually a longing, I think, for a successful outcome in which good triumphs over evil, no matter the latter's tricks and cunning. It may be a detour we take psychologically, one that frees us from encountering the realities of a brutal scene.

Wiki

Didn't a local (maybe Chicken?) try to say that it is possible the bike was left by a boat? Or even probable? That makes my head explode.

No kidding, there are a zillion white trucks now add a zillion boats.

The great fascination with trafficking appears almost to have a fairy tale-like quality about it - our need to create a narrative that is not straightforward, like many of the stories in "One Thousand and One Nights" (a.k.a. "Arabian Nights"). Of these, the Italian directer Pier Paolo Pasolini wrote:

To attempt to arrange a narrative in this manner is actually a longing, I think, for a successful outcome in which good triumphs over evil, no matter the latter's tricks and cunning. It may be a detour we take psychologically, one that frees us from encountering the realities of a brutal scene.

Wiki

Sorry being abducted and trafficked does not equal a successful outcome for anyone except for those giving and taking the money.

Someone told me divers found 6 cars submerged there. The water is so murky it's next to impossible to see anything. I bet if there was a way to drain that area, you'd find a trove of evidence from other crimes... Not necessarily but possibly some from this perp.

A few years back they drained the Basin (not WB) but close and my family member in LE said it was amazing the things they found. Interesting as an aside native Americans in the area also used the area to dump things. We have a long history of making things go away in the swamp.

I also would like to add my thoughts on MS having "run away". I wondered if anyone had information on why she would run? To me it would seem she was free to do as she wished with little pressure. If she wanted to move to NO she made plans to do so. I don't get the impression she was uncomfortable in her assertions of will.

I still wonder if that bright blob in the photo of Mickey across from the bank is an artifact or intentional blocking by LE. Did I miss a verdict on this. Perhaps what they don't want us to see is more important than what they have let us see?

She needs to be home.

I can see a little resemblance in the header image, but there are other photos on the site of what appears to be the same person, and in those she doesn't look like Mickey to me, JMO.

Mickey would not wear fur. She is an animal lover and a vegan. This ad is for wearing nutria furs, no way in hello that Mickey would do that.

Good eye and an interesting thought. Thank you!

I think that was his theory before he visited the spot under the bridge in person and took the pics to show us. I believe he may have changed his hypothesis to a "land dumping" after that visit, but I could be mistaken.

Let's go back to a few things which transpired early in this case:

-When the reward was initially raised to its current, there was an announcement -- made in a rather stern tone -- that this was the final reward amount. It almost seemed to me as though someone had some sort of insight that MS was being held.

-The search at WB raises all sorts of questions, in hindsight. First, it seemed to come to an abrupt ending. Second, leadership from a variety of sources (including, as noted here, a C-level executive with Lafayette Consolidated Government) were on the scene for a follow-up visit where divers -- acting on intelligence they received from sonar surveys -- searched for what they thought was the body of MS; etc.

-The initial involvement of the FBI;

I'm thinking there's a feeling amongst the LE community (including the Feds) that something considerably large is afoot, here...something larger than they've let on to.

Thoughts?

Why would someone kidnap for ransom a seemingly normal girl from Lafayette, La. I think the initial involvement was because a lot of petite blondes are going missing without a trace as of late.

and in my thoughts this is what is afoot.
LA

Blondes, from what I've read about human trafficking are highly desirable to men in Latin American, Asian, and Middle Eastern countries because they're exotic. These men want quality girls not used up girls.
The only good thing about Mickey being bought for this trade is that she isn't dead and there's a prayer she could come home one day.[/QUOTE]

Yes, true that is one shred of hope, but I believe these girls are usually drugged and eventually become addicts. Maybe I am wrong.

LA

Blondes, from what I've read about human trafficking are highly desirable to men in Latin American, Asian, and Middle Eastern countries because they're exotic. These men want quality girls not used up girls.
The only good thing about Mickey being bought for this trade is that she isn't dead and there's a prayer she could come home one day.

Yes, true that is one shred of hope, but I believe these girls are usually drugged and eventually become addicts. Maybe I am wrong.

LA[/QUOTE]

This is true but they are still alive and as long as they're alive, there's a chance.

Wiki

That's it exactly! I feel like I've been in a fog ever since Mickey'sdisappearance.
I must think about her and what could have happened about 20 times a day. I've lived here almost all of my life. Went to Cathedral, ULL. I'm not looking for a fairy-tail though - I'm looking for Mickey, the PERP and answers. If I ever catch that PERP, I'll call some friends and we'll show him WB for sure. Just in case he didn't get a good enough look the first time. JERK!

It is still early, but my head is exploding and I have got to go night-night. See you guys in the AM, and I sure do hope to see Chicken and ACI tomorrow!

If it's any help, the Taco Bell on Congress is newer and seems to be better run. The drive thru line can accommodate more cars. The Taco Bell on Johnston near campus takes forever to get your food, especially at that time of night because it's the closest to the downtown/bar area. The lot is tiny and the car-line can end up out on the street. The one on Congress would have less traffic and wait-time.

I remember this, but are you still able to go inside this late? It was not yet 2 so the bar had not yet closed. The reason I asked is because he said they went in car because they had to go through drive thru.

Just wondering.

LA

The chance that this was a hit and run or human trafficking IMO is slim to none..

As to hit and run, it's called hit and run for a reason. The perp runs. He doesn't pick up his victim and he certainly doesn't pick up the bike. And if he's drunk, he certainly would not leave the area free of all evidence... i.e. no blood, debris, mace can or other item of MS.

It's not human trafficking because this really isn't the area nor does it fit the M/O. A human trafficker could drive 2 hours east to NOLA and find a trove of possible victims considering the transient nature of the French Quarter, the type of businesses and workers and he runaways.

This is an abduction and most probably random. The perp was cruising the area hoping to find a young attractive woman alone, and he did.

The fact that he took the bike is very puzzling. IMO he took it because he lives nearby and didn't want the area of abduction known or he posed as LE and fake arrested her for DUI. This would explain why he took the bike. She went with him believing he was LE.

He could be a former LE drummed out of his job or current LE or a complete LE imposter.

Ola ......first post.....im trying to get brave enough to post my thoughts .......I have read every thread.....I am amazed bye your dedication to find MS... I am downloading some
missing posters to put out in southern AR. I live 15 min from LA..... keep on keeping on......

Wiki

I almost totally agree with that point. Only thing is, its not such a fairytale. These trafficked girls have unspeakable things done to them and even if they are recovered will probably hurt so badly for a long time. While the fairytale part may be that we may be that we get them back, if it did happen, and we don't investigate b/c it's not likely, then we will definitely never get them back:(
* I know my heart does not change the situation but it just breaks so painfully to think that there are people in situations thinking that everyone has given up finding them alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx