LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any evidence for ritual abduction in the month of may? Does anybody believe in that stuff? I've seen it discussed elsewhere, re: shunick. I've seen one N.Y.C detective in a case I follow admit on camera that such groups exists. . He said something to the effect of 'it's just like you believe in God, only they believe in Satan'. The look on his face was tired and tortured. I don't want to know what he knows or see what he sees.

I hear you when you say the runaway is the pimps choice, or in popular songs, the 'orphan'.. who's going to look for them? The menu options are different if you have enough prestige. Right around when MS went MIA there was a meeting of powerful people, protested by an ex-cop loudmouth who likes people to believe he's a 'truther'. Right behind that door is craziness. I hesitate to bring it up, but I can't get it out of my mind completely.

Well actually if you read more about that fashion show the group that put it together are doing BECAUSE of their love of animals. People are killing the nutria because it's so overly population in our area and the designers felt like it was a disgrace to the nutria to do that and then then just discard them. So instead, the designers decided to use their fur for fashion.

And i am curious about the other photos as I didn't see any others that looked like the same person to me. (but then it really doesn't matter if no one thinks this is Mickey and a possible connection to another part of her life)

I believe this is the same model as the header photo, different pose:
http://www.righteousfur.com/wp-content/gallery/nutria-palooza-new-orleans-march-6-2010/rf2rachel.jpg

Sometimes I just get the feeling that the perp is reading (and maybe posting) on this thread. It is unsettling to me.

Derrick Todd Lee and his conviction were national news, and the locations his victims were found in were broadcast nationally. There are books about him and even a spread on him at TruTV that mentions Whiskey Bay.

It's not like it's a terribly hidden secret or hard to find. It's a public boat launch off of a Major Interstate.

I only remembered DTL and WB after MS' bike was found there. The perp in this case either had a fascination with DTL and or serial murders or he's from the area and has been there before.

I've been to WB at night and the path that leads under the bridge is very dark and I don't think someone who had been there that one time could figure you can drive down that path and toss the Bike in the river without spending some time looking around. And I don't think the perp would be doing that.

Instead I would think he would have a plan first to dump the bike ASAP. And to do that he must have been there before..... I say this after snooping around there myself.

So either he is:
1. A local fisherman familiar with the area.
2. Scouted the area in the daylight without the bike.
3. He's used that area to dump other evidence of other crimes.

Someone told me divers found 6 cars submerged there. The water is so murky it's next to impossible to see anything. I bet if there was a way to drain that area, you'd find a trove of evidence from other crimes... Not necessarily but possibly some from this perp.

Of the several, my favorite continues to be, in re: human trafficking, "because there is no advantage in kidnapping middle-class white women, whose disappearance will create greater interest in the media and draw more scrutiny from LE and from the general public."

Runaways? Sure. College students? Nope.

Except that everyone is quick to dismiss the idea, and, is it so hard to believe trafficers would look for or create situations that cause everyone to believe strongly that something else happened?

Except that everyone is quick to dismiss the idea, and, is it so hard to believe trafficers would look for or create situations that cause everyone to believe strongly that something else happened?
I'm not "quick to dismiss" the idea. It does require a modicum of thought.

To speak of "trafficking" is to speak of an organized entity. Traffickers are businesspeople and businesspeople play percentages no matter their business.

I didn't know they went to the TB on Congress.
May 19, 2012: 12:44 am: Mickey and Wilson left Artmosphere and rode their bikes back to his house on Ryan Street. They then went to Taco Bell on Congress in his car to grab a bite to eat. Video surveillance confirmed this, showing them in the drive through at 1:24 am.
1:31 am: Mickey received a call from a friend. It was the last time her phone was used. Wilson said around 1:45 am Mickey set out on her bike to go home near Congress Street and Ambassador Caffrey from his home at 100 Ryan St.

JC why didn't he just drive down the same damn street after getting te food and drop her at her house?! She could have picked up the bike the next day!

We've been through the possible connections between some of the missing women over and over again...

Not saying people shouldn't bring it up again if they have a valid point to make, but so far, there is nothing to suggest that any of the cases are connected, IMO.

Lauren-out with males friends all night, likely intoxicated, and they all got lawyers at once
Holly-left her yard in the company of a man who she spoke with for 10-15 first, early in the morning, witnessed by her brother, did not seem to be fighting him
Katelyn-likely lured from her home after midnight, most likely by someone she knew, or why else would she leave her apartment, not take her keys, phone, etc...
Brittney W.- Seems to be a lot going on down there in this case...uncle's suicide, rumors she may be out there somewhere...etc...
Paige-Was last in the company of a man who is currently in jail and refusing to talk about her

Not sure who else is being suggested...but one thing I do feel fairly sure of is that Mickey was taken, or left with, someone local to Lafayette or a nearby area (rather than the roaming SK or an out-out-town fair worker) due to the locale of her bike. That says local more than anything to me.

JMO

Was there "connections" between victims of DTL? Not all SK prey upon only those of a certain occupation or lifestyle. More so, a common type, and opportunity. These girls were all close in age, looks and build, right? They were also alone.. and no traces of them...the possibility of one perp should not be dismissed. IMO

ewwwww......clothes made from rodent fur????

I understand what some posters are saying about how traffickers wouldn't abduct a middle class white woman because of all the attention and resources put into the case but then I also think that they probably get a "high" from knowing that their newest victim is "famous", perverts might pay higher amounts, runaways might have STD's or be busted-looking, etc.

Do we know what Mickey did that day? Before Artmosphere? If someone was following her, it's possible they watched her throughout the afternoon, Artmosphere, taco bell, brettlys, then from brettlys to a dark street. Many victims were watched before they were taken. DTL watched his victims to learn their schedules etc. someone knew her route. It's too clean of disappearance to be spur if the moment.

Going back to the video interview that BW did in the auditorium where it gets loud and really hard to hear what he is saying, I did note that he said Mickey hung with him, at his place that day. I heard him say she napped and sort of did nothing, then they rode their bikes to Artmosphere. The OTHER thing that puzzled me was he also made the comment that she was going home to sleep and that when she said she would call when she woke up and got around at "like 12-1" to go to video her riding her horse she was trying to sell. NOW... isn't she schedule to attend the brothers graduation at 11:30? and would not be sleeping till 12-1? confused.. did I misunderstand, have times wrong or was he mistaken? anybody?

I actually did some research into human trafficking when people were convinced that Holly Bobo was "trafficked." Essentially, the odds are about the same for human trafficking as they are for alien abduction at least in situations like Holly's and only slightly more likely in cases like Mickey.

I'm not "quick to dismiss" the idea. It does require a modicum of thought.

To speak of "trafficking" is to speak of an organized entity. Traffickers are businesspeople and businesspeople play percentages no matter their business.

Since Lafayette is a college town, with local LE in the news lately, I think traffickers would consider it to be prime hunting grounds.

I understand what some posters are saying about how traffickers wouldn't abduct a middle class white woman because of all the attention and resources put into the case but then I also think that they probably get a "high" from knowing that their newest victim is "famous", perverts might pay higher amounts, runaways might have STD's or be busted-looking, etc.
All "true" in the sense that anything is possible. However, each requires a distinct twist. It's far more likely to have been either a hit and run with time taken briefly to snatch the evidence away, or a crime of opportunity.

Of the several, my favorite continues to be, in re: human trafficking, "because there is no advantage in kidnapping middle-class white women, whose disappearance will create greater interest in the media and draw more scrutiny from LE and from the general public."

Runaways? Sure. College students? Nope.

Agreed. Human trafficking and slavery is something I've actually read a lot about. There are thousands of beautiful young women who, through their own volition, walk right into situations that eventually lead to their enslavement. They do not need to be kidnapped. The common denominator is that these women put themselves in harms ways because they want something. Sometimes it's money, sometimes drugs, sometimes fame. In Europe, most are eastern (old Iron Curtain countries, Russia, central Asia) and are looking for jobs, with wrong ideas about some pot of gold awaiting because of western money pouring into the region. In Bosnia, US defense contractor, DynCorp, was busted for trafficking in eastern bloc women. Many end up in Israel, a near human trafficking headquarters. The enticements must be huge as these girls, from poor countries, see western elements flashing around massive sums of (US taxpayer) money. So many of those girls are really gorgeous and are probably fed BS about how someone is going to get them a big break in modeling or acting - if they'll just do a little sex for money first. In places like Thailand, poor families sell their young daughters, outright, to raise money for the family. They view it as sending her to work. Costa Rica is another place full of young girl prostitutes, which is one of the (not well known) reasons it's such a popular tourist destination for American and European men. In the US, we have hoards of girls who would do just about anything to be famous. Los Angeles is crawling with them and the predators who use them. These creeps who do this to women do not need someone like Mickey. Why risk life in prison when you can get an aspiring actress or supermodel for the price of a few dinners and some BS empty promises?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx