LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas gives tons of details about registered sex offenders.

Of course that list is important and people should be wary of those on the list. But, the most dangerous sexual predators are those who have not yet been caught. While registered sex offenders know they are being watched and that their DNA is in the system, the ones who haven't yet been caught have anonymity, and that is VERY dangerous.

I hung out of an aging toyota corolla stuntwoman style and handed a guy a beer who was in a car beside us.

LA

I once pulled over on I10 when a cute guy rolled down his window and asked if he could meet me. I was sixteen and driving from Lafayette to New Orleans for the weekend.....I was all alone. And it was night-time!

It is a miracle we all survived, isn't it?

I once pulled over on I10 when a cute guy rolled down his window and asked if he could meet me. I was sixteen and driving from Lafayette to New Orleans for the weekend.....I was all alone. And it was night-time!

It is a miracle we all survived, isn't it?

I did some pretty dumb things too as a teenager/early 20s.

I don't think anyone would tell you that I am not an intelligent, rational, sufficiently paranoid person.

That just goes to show you that no matter how smart a person seems or how unlike them it may be, there are ways to get young women (and even older women) to make themselves vulnerable.

It can literally happen to anyone.

Last night I posted my best guess as to what happened. I'm curious what you guys think happened.... I would think that so many intelligent people, all on the same forum, one would have to be pretty close! If you were able to give one guess as to what happened, what would it be??

I need to nail down the points of view in my own mind. I guess I'm not good at that. I've heard the area of trees in the bottom of the full LE pic called the graveyard. have mercy.

AND: St. Landry, not University
Just to be clear, before people start responding to your post: These pics are NOT from above the graveyard on University. These are the pics from St. Landry Street just down from the Circle K.
thx LaffyMo.

I thought the only pic of her on St. Landry was in front of the Circle K?

Good thought :great: ... All possible scenarios need to be discussed and investigated if warranted..... Thanks

How long has Mickey lived in the house with her parents. Maybe it was someone in her own neighborhood that had his eye on her for a long time. I wonder if close to her neighborhood ...any males living alone? He could have been out that night walking a dog and took the opportunity to abduct her. If she knew the person she might have stopped to talk to him. Maybe she did get closer to her neighborhood on her bike? Any one close by would know about WB..right?

waiting1979, this is intriguing. I thought the oldsmobile had been ruled out by LPD. Why has it taken a month before this was released?
Have you contacted LPD tip line and the squadron of PIs working this case?

Now I am really confused. I have had this pic since the beginning. It's not new. I am a little behind. Hopefully straightened out.

I hung out of an aging toyota corolla stuntwoman style and handed a guy a beer who was in a car beside us.

LA

Hey, who hasn't?:D

I remember some of the stunts we pulled as kids. Usually while at the races and maybe we might of had too many. I hope he was appreciative, usually we were just trying to attract a girls attention. You do know girls go for guys pulling stupid stunts while about half lit don't you?

We haven't eliminated that possibility, you're right. But based on a complete lack of supporting evidence, combined with a considerable amount of evidence to the contrary, we've eliminated the possibility that this occurred in front of the Circle K.

There is no supporting evidence to any theory that I am aware of. Unlikely yes but not impossible. Nothing is.

All of these cases turn into circular discussions when there is not one bit of new info coming out in weeks, in some other cases months, or longer...so frustrating. I wonder if the families are hounding LE, as I would be doing, or do they trust them to be working on the cases every day?

Mickey's case is a big deal for the size of the city...why isn't media asking more from LE?

Yes to all of the above. Straight shot on University to I-10. And if she was grabbed between Circle K and about St. Julien, then he/they had time.

Yes - possible. But I don't know which truck is which. I've given up trying to understand a long time ago.

Just a quick drop-in. Have to go to court tomorrow AM for a traffic ticket ad am preparing my defense. Trying to forget about Mickey today and take care of myself instead, but failing.

I'm in medical school right now studying for finals and I should be studying as I have a HUGE exam tomorrow at 8am. but I just having been able to tear myself away from Mickey updates/convo either!

They haven't ID'd the truck as far as I know. They're still looking for it, but only so far as a possible witness IMO. And yes, they stated they have more photos of the truck they have not released and that's how they were able to positively identify it as a Chevy Z71 and having 18 inch alloy wheels.

Witness, not perp? Any idea what the perp might have been driving?

I just noticed that we have 68 guests reading Mickey's thread. Please consider joining WebSleuths! The more people we have discussing this case, the better!

And YOU may have the key to breaking this case wide open! Please help us bring Mickey home!

Well, lucky me. I only have one registered sex offender within a mile of my home. Unlucky me, the creep lives right down the street.

But now you know. It's very valuable information. I wish we were able to access that in Canada.

Last night I posted my best guess as to what happened. I'm curious what you guys think happened.... I would think that so many intelligent people, all on the same forum, one would have to be pretty close! If you were able to give one guess as to what happened, what would it be??

I absolutely agree with what you posted... in addition??? SO, arrested, lived near WB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nlgal68