DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lee.jpg

ldd.jpg

1. First picture - regular image

2. Second picture - negative image

***Maybe something can be seen in this??

Scary for sure!
Can you recall any other details?
How old would you say he was? Heavy as in husky or fat?
Can you say where you were?

Thanks, and stay safe.

husky, middle to late forties, early 50's,

No I will not go into details about where I was.

LA

Is there a link to a LEO that states what you have posted?

No link. le seemed to say that there were 2 white trucks.
It is confusing, at least to me. Many of us have gotten so fed up with the DWTIQ that we kind of skip over those posts. We paid attention to the first thousand posts but can not do it anymore.

I wonder if le really needs to find the DWT. It was 2+weeks ago that they asked the public for info and have not asked again. I would guess, hope that le has a better photo of the truck and any identifying marks (stickers). They only gave the public this photo that is fuzzy. IMO they think the truck was not a part of the crime b/c they have footage of her further along her route or they have id'd the truck.

At first I thought nothing of it, there's a local church there so I thought he was stopping by the church. A lot of people park in the street when services are held.

YET-

He stopped and looked right at me so I would assume yes.

I've ridden in the road a long time, I have never ever had anyone stop like that. And yes, I wear Tons of Hot pink so that I can be seen. Time to change that.

Once he noticed me looking at him and stopped he left, the street is a straight shot for about another mile. I can see for a half a mile once I turn around, He was gone.

LA

Holy FS...! Did it look like this?

--

NO, it was a Chevy Silverado.

LA

RE: He stopped and looked right at me
Labikegirl, it wouldn't be a bad idea to file a police report, just in case there has been other abductions related to this perp in the area, jmho.
glad you are safe.

I agree, file a report. :rocker:

No link. le seemed to say that there were 2 white trucks.
It is confusing, at least to me. Many of us have gotten so fed up with the DWTIQ that we kind of skip over those posts. We paid attention to the first thousand posts but can not do it anymore.

I wonder if le really needs to find the DWT. It was 2+weeks ago that they asked the public for info and have not asked again. I would guess, hope that le has a better photo of the truck and any identifying marks (stickers). They only gave the public this photo that is fuzzy. IMO they think the truck was not a part of the crime b/c they have footage of her further along her route or they have id'd the truck.

They haven't ID'd the truck as far as I know. They're still looking for it, but only so far as a possible witness IMO. And yes, they stated they have more photos of the truck they have not released and that's how they were able to positively identify it as a Chevy Z71 and having 18 inch alloy wheels.

Waiting1979
I am curious why you are asking about the trucks in the lawyers lot.
It is interesting...a DUI lawyer's lot.

LA
Glad you are ok. It is strange, maybe le should look at dwt's registered in your area.
Don't try to blend in too much if you change colors, just maybe try not to look feminine. It is awful that a woman can't wear pink if she wants because of potential pervs!

Yes, it freaked me out. Hope it's not a copycat. I do have a few RSO in my area, I agree with the other poster that they should be on the moon.

I got ya! I definitely have an assortment when It comes to cycling gear. dont forget tho, I do have the gun in the map bag, and it is loaded.

LA

They haven't ID'd the truck as far as I know. They're still looking for it, but only so far as a possible witness IMO. And yes, they stated they have more photos of the truck they have not released and that's how they were able to positively identify it as a Chevy Z71 and having 18 inch alloy wheels.

ACI do have any idea if we should consider the DWTIQ as an important element to the case?

I think I've disagreed with more of your posts today than I have in the entirety of the ~month I've been here. I promise I'll stop. :)

But I must say....in the wee hours of the morning, with considerable gaps between vehicles (like, say, 30-60 seconds, at times), there's plenty of time for someone to quickly hop out of his truck, retrieve the bike from the bed of a truck, and fling it over the guardrail.

I can remember being in college and...umm...maybe a little under the influence of a beverage (or twelve). And as we were traveling west to Lafayette from BR after a night out, an old classic song came on the radio. My friend who was driving (and who was also under liquid influences) thought it would be a swell idea to, you know, go ahead and stop the car RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE G*****N INTERSTATE (on the Atchafalaya bridge, to be sure) to dance.

Yeah.

We look back on it and laugh now, but 3 drunken idiots dancing on the Interstate at 3AM is just screaming "death wish". Thankfully there wasn't much traffic, so we all lived to tell the tale.

Point is, I'm fairly sure we were stopped for at least thirty, and possibly as much as sixty seconds.

(Damn you, Wild Cherry.)

I don't think the bike was dropped from what little we know about the bike's condition (the drop off the top of the bridge over WB is SUPER high compared to most of the rest of the bridge) and because it would be ridiculously dangerous to stop there, but then I read this about Carrie Yoder, one of Derek Todd Lee's victims:

"On March 13, 2003, her decomposing body was found in Whiskey Bay near the same location to where Pam Kinamore's body had been found. Unlike Pam's body which seemed to be carefully placed and hidden, Carrie's body appeared to have been tossed from the bridge."

http://crime.about.com/od/serial/tp/victims-derrick-lee.htm

I still think Mickey's bike was put in the water down by the water rather than tossed, though.

susaneb

I know nothing about photoshop or other programs, but its very interesting to me what you have done with the photos. I feel that I can see them clearer. Thanks for the pictures.

ACI do have any idea if we should consider the DWTIQ as an important element to the case?

Well it could be a potential witness to something, so that makes it very important. But the fact that its such a common truck makes it damn near impossible to single out. So I don't think it needs to be obsessed over. The fact of the matter is there are still some people who aren't aware of everything that's going on (or at least are only vaguely aware). They could've gone offshore at the time or any number of other reasons. I've questioned people here in town who still barely knew anything about the case. That's just how some people are. So the most important thing is getting the information about Mickey, the truck, and everything possible, out there far and wide for everyone to see so that the driver may come forward or a passenger or someone who remembers a friend in the area that night driving a truck like that, anything it all.

I've been thinking along the lines of 2 people involved. Then it would be easy for one to ride in the pick up bed and toss the bike over the railing. Especially if Mickeys bike is as light weight as some have said.

I hung out of an aging toyota corolla stuntwoman style and handed a guy a beer who was in a car beside us.

LA

In Georgia you can go to the GBI's website and type your search area and it will show you names, the charges and a picture. Do they have that in LA? Labikegirl could look thru pics in her area.

In my adulthood I have had men in cars next to me at a light or following me when I am walking. (men doing...can't say but you can guess). This has happened to me 5 times! 2 of the times it was the same man. I will never forget him, scared the s*** out of me. He got out of his suv in daylight at a stop light ablolutely naked. This was 15 years ago, I was young. I still want to go back in tiime and walk up to him and kick him. I totally could have done it, his hands were busy. But, I was shocked and young. Oh well, that is the reason I got my first dog and that changed my life, so that is good.

lee.jpg

ldd.jpg

1. First picture - regular image

2. Second picture - negative image

***Maybe something can be seen in this??

I think it makes it very clear that Mickey is not on the sidewalk, in either area that has been suggested. It's pretty clear that we are seeing the backs of two vehicles....good call, Chicken Fried and Chili Fries!

CHICKEN FRIED: good luck at court tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labikegirl View Post
If the cops are playing a chess game with the perp/perps they need to make a move.
Seems like LPD might not be quite that cerebral in their approach:

http://www.klfy.com/story/18828967/f...caught-on-tape

http://www.klfy.com/story/18828967/f...clipId=7415233

i can 100% verify that the police in Lafayette are currupt. i was 1 of 5 witnesses to a similar event back in 1998 where an unarmed man who had no prior contact with an officer was beat down and arrested, i guess because the officer was bored???

i was the only 1 of the witnesses who said they would testify, long story short, the victim was "persuaded" to drop the charges and i had to move out of state for about a year for the harrassment to stop. (although i still kept one of my houses in the saint streets :) )

no wonder i am a digital forensics and recon expert now, let them try that again, lol!

point is, if you are a victim of a crime in Lafayette just handle it yourself, the police will only make it worse.

in regard to Mickey's case, i have been in this neighborhood for almost 20 years and we never had ANY major crime, the petty stuff we did have we handled in house and it never happened again.

starting in about 2009 or 2010 the Lafayette City Police Dept. starting "butting in" and now things just are not the same. Ten years ago this would have NEVER happened and if it was attempted I would actually feel sorry for the perp.

In i think it was 2001 or 2002 about a block away some people started selling crack out of the house. they were given 1 warning. then when it didnt stop, a group of neighbors walked in and literally moved them out.

In i think it was 2008 a man was seen peeping or trying to break into a young girls house. when he woke up in the hospital, he found that his employer was also informed of what happened and he had no job.

sorry for this little rant. but it is all true and i wish things were back to the way they used to be when kids could run free in the streets and play and young ladies could ride thier bikes when ever they wished and always feel safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3