LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this statement is key

"
if this truck went on St laundry it had to exit somewhere, this cant be the only photo. The more time that passes the harder it will be to find. "

i have been saying that until i am blue in the face, there is no possible way to exit the area without passing through either the cities federally funded MPO 'safety' cameras or the REDFLEX cameras, i live in this neighborhood and am in fact in a battle with the Department of Traffic and Transportation under the direction of Tony Tramel over the illegal use of the cameras and illegal use of federal FTA funds for the installation of speed calming devices.

long story short i know the system at this point better than they do!

the truck is either still in the neighborhood or is on a video leaving the neighborhood, simple as that.

finally someone else recognizes this

....if we have to live in a big brother state, at least big brother should use our tax dollars to help in situations such as this...

It is on video leaving the area...it turend around and went the other way. Has to be the same truck.

this statement is key

"
if this truck went on St laundry it had to exit somewhere, this cant be the only photo. The more time that passes the harder it will be to find. "

i have been saying that until i am blue in the face, there is no possible way to exit the area without passing through either the cities federally funded MPO 'safety' cameras or the REDFLEX cameras, i live in this neighborhood and am in fact in a battle with the Department of Traffic and Transportation under the direction of Tony Tramel over the illegal use of the cameras and illegal use of federal FTA funds for the installation of speed calming devices.

long story short i know the system at this point better than they do!

the truck is either still in the neighborhood or is on a video leaving the neighborhood, simple as that.

finally someone else recognizes this

....if we have to live in a big brother state, at least big brother should use our tax dollars to help in situations such as this...

good point. :clap:

It is on video leaving the area...it turend around and went the other way. Has to be the same truck.

if it is the same truck then they have MPO and redflex footage showing the driver, the plate, the occupants and if there was a bike in the bed of the truck...........

i have zero respect or faith in lafayette city police detectives, but not even that crew of monkeys could not solve a case with that info......

dont forget, i was attacked myself and almost killed, the lcpd not only did not do hardly any investigation, they lost the files, i used my resourses, got all the information together on the perp, presented to mr. harson and that led to the trial, and only that!

BBM

I know it's been theorized that it could have turned around in a relatively short amount of time, but I must have missed where it was confirmed that DEFINITELY turned around. Link, please?

ETA: chicken.fried -- Good luck!!

I am sorry but this is ridiculous. I have been a member here for years and followed many many cases and Never has the information regarding a VOI been so confusing. I have been reading for weeks and I am so confused. Now why would the LE want people to be confused? I personally would describe this truck as a late model white or silver GMC Sierra z71 crew cab short box XFE. with some type of rear bumper utility box attached, possibly with a winch attached or some roll of cable cord inside the bed. so an electrican or a cable tv person? four weeks into this and folks are looking at white two door trucks, white extended cabs...... How about a tight description? is that too much to ask for this beautiful young woman?? it can be even more confusing because Chev and GMC are so so similar, not too mention very popular.

Is it the same truck that just did a u turn? if so going away from university the truck gate is up, going back towards university the truck bed is down. what is the spread of moments between the two shots if it is the same truck and what could they have been doing in that time period that would require them to put the gate down? what is noticiable is that there is this strange black cylinder in the bottom of the photo of the truck going towards univ. what could it be? look up 12 volt electric cable bumper winch, could have it been moved to the bottom of a tow kit or something? to change the look of the truck??

if this truck went on St laundry it had to exit somewhere, this cant be the only photo. The more time that passes the harder it will be to find.
This truck runs about $32K new. We can add that this truck has 18" alloy rims, based on someother report I read if i remember correctly. We need to rule out the vechicles so to move on recanvassing the neighborhood. In one of the recent photos of the cleared oldsmobile there is a white vechicle going the other direction. it should be the white pickup because of the time and the grill is different than the chevy they describe. it has the GMC grill, hence my opinion.
I have never been on a thread where a mother has posted and it breaks my heart. We have to help her get more help to bring her baby home.

We have to remember LE has video, not just still. They identified it as a Chevy Z71, probably b/c they could see the Chevy decal.

Jaren's mother (well adoptive mother) posted on her thread as well. So sad.

chicken fried just curious are you local LE? not meaning to be rude or anything just wondering and if you are actually i am happy and surprised someone with LCPD would take the time to be here.

I'm not CF but I don't think he is. He's said a few things about what he does and used to do-including teaching at my alma matter. :) He's just like us. He wants to help. My 2¢

I'm not CF but I don't think he is. He's said a few things about what he does and used to do-including teaching at my alma matter. :) He's just like us. He wants to help. My 2¢

Yep, I remember him saying he's a (retired?) teacher.

And also: Good Morning, sleuths! Hoping for a break today! Bring Mickey home!

I keep wondering if they really did leave nothing behind. Maybe the perp went back to scour the scene the next day.

Good idea! Any perp(s) had until fairly late in the afternoon on Saturday to return to the scene to clean it up without attracting any attention from LE. I wonder if LE has reviewed any video footage from the daylight hours of Saturday starting at dawn. That might prove to be very helpful!

JMO.

Can someone who is good with the photo stuff do a closeup (zoom in) on these two things:

1. IMO, there is a car turning into the lane behind the DWT facing in the direction Mickey is riding her bike. You can see headlights shining through the foliage (2nd tree back) and the form of a car. To me it looks like it could be the hooptie car.

2. IMO, the light on Mickey's bike, looks very much to me like a light source under the truck. Can you do a side-by-side?

I asked this before, but didn't get an answer. Thanks.

BBM

I know it's been theorized that it could have turned around in a relatively short amount of time, but I must have missed where it was confirmed that DEFINITELY turned around. Link, please?

ETA: chicken.fried -- Good luck!!

I'd like to know this as well. Is it "speculation" that the white truck did a U-turn or is there proof....it's a pretty crucial issue to speculate on so just asking.

Can someone who is good with the photo stuff do a closeup (zoom in) on these two things:

1. IMO, there is a car turning into the lane behind the DWT facing in the direction Mickey is riding her bike. You can see headlights shining through the foliage (2nd tree back) and the form of a car. To me it looks like it could be the hooptie car.

2. IMO, the light on Mickey's bike, looks very much to me like a light source under the truck. Can you do a side-by-side?

I asked this before, but didn't get an answer. Thanks.
Hello Concentric. I want the same thing, and I answered you with a negative. I cannot. I'm on working on a project in Mo, and the computer I have access to doesn't have PS. I would like to see a crop of the area under the truck flipped 90 degrees counter clockwise and shown side by side with stopped Mickey. I replied a couple of days ago, but it's like taking a drink of a firehose around here.. lots of hume working on this.

I'd like to know this as well. Is it "speculation" that the white truck did a U-turn or is there proof....it's a pretty crucial issue to speculate on so just asking.

also on my photo shop request list is a the other way white truck flipped in reverse so it can be compared side by side with DWTiq. I don't think it's the same truck. I think the bed is longer.. but it would appear that way with the gate down I guess. In PS one could reverse the other way truck and superimpose it over the Mickey way truck, using the road work sign for scale. edit: no wait. using the sign for scale wont work.. duh.. facepalm again.

:
<Respectfully snipped> My BOLD , not Chicken's.

Dogs were used too, and the Find Mickey volunteers searched the towers so much it drove the guards crazy. Even climbing up on one guard's bumper and sleuthing the inside of her truck.

Chicken's last sentence brought back into focus my questions about the old OLOL guards. I do remember reading that one guard mentioned that he/she was familiar with Mickey from previous interactions. I also believe that a guard (maybe the same one) had warned Mickey about the dangers of riding in that area so late at night. There was some discussion on the thread about Mickey's response to the warning (not sure what actually happened). Do we know if the empty OLOL guard remembered seeing Mickey that night, heard anything along the street? Were there 2 guards on duty that night or just one? I bet A.C.I has these guards on his list of people to interview.

I know little about canine searches, but if the dog jumped up on a guard's vehicle, would that indicate that a scent was being hit on, or just that the canine officer was leading the dog in that direction for a rule out. I guess if there was even a slight hit - the media would have reported this long ago, right?

Just exploring who would have opportunity to commit this abduction/or accidentally hit her while driving home - and at the same time seem safe enough to Mickey so that she might willingly leave the road side with them. Makes me want to know more about anybody known to be out that night along Mickey's route.

It would so help if LE would say exactly where Mickey was last known to have been videoed or seen that night. <sigh>

Hello Concentric. I want the same thing, and I answered you with a negative. I cannot. I'm on working on a project in Mo, and the computer I have access to doesn't have PS. I would like to see a crop of the area under the truck flipped 90 degrees counter clockwise and shown side by side with stopped Mickey. I replied a couple of days ago, but it's like taking a drink of a firehose around here.. lots of hume working on this.
----
Sorry, missed your reply that you couldn't do it right now. Understand. Just wanted to post some things I think I see, and wanted to double-check.

BTW, do you think there is a car turning in the direction Mickey is seen riding her bike, behind the DWT, behind the tree? Not only do I see the form of a car, but headlights and some curved trails of light going in that direction, that probably are a result of them rewinding the tape to capture the still image of the DWT.

Thinking of you today Mickey!! Let today be the day you come home!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The media team has put together photos of Mickey will various hair colors and textures and lengths. Contact them via the facebook page.

Has anyone contacted them? If not, I will. I just don't want to bombard them with requests & take up their time.

Chicken's last sentence brought back into focus my questions about the old OLOL guards. I do remember reading that one guard mentioned that he/she was familiar with Mickey from previous interactions. I also believe that a guard (maybe the same one) had warned Mickey about the dangers of riding in that area so late at night. There was some discussion on the thread about Mickey's response to the warning (not sure what actually happened). Do we know if the empty OLOL guard remembered seeing Mickey that night, heard anything along the street? Were there 2 guards on duty that night or just one? I bet A.C.I has these guards on his list of people to interview.

I know little about canine searches, but if the dog jumped up on a guard's vehicle, would that indicate that a scent was being hit on, or just that the canine officer was leading the dog in that direction for a rule out. I guess if there was even a slight hit - the media would have reported this long ago, right?

Just exploring who would have opportunity to commit this abduction/or accidentally hit her while driving home - and at the same time seem safe enough to Mickey so that she might willingly leave the road side with them. Makes me want to know more about anybody known to be out that night along Mickey's route.

It would so help if LE would say exactly where Mickey was last known to have been videoed or seen that night. <sigh>

I think chicken may have meant that the Find Mickey volunteers (people) jumped up on the back of the guard's vehicle to peer inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3