LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think chicken may have meant that the Find Mickey volunteers (people) jumped up on the back of the guard's vehicle to peer inside.

Thanks for your post...my eyebrow did a quick upward spike when I misread Chicken's post. I was like, AH HA!

Good idea! Any perp(s) had until fairly late in the afternoon on Saturday to return to the scene to clean it up without attracting any attention from LE. I wonder if LE has reviewed any video footage from the daylight hours of Saturday starting at dawn. That might prove to be very helpful!

JMO.

Agreed, especially someone 'walking a dog' - no one would find anything suspicious about a dog walker stopping and looking, carrying a small brown paper bag--picking something up. It looks quite innocent, and in this case it would be anything but.

----
Sorry, missed your reply that you couldn't do it right now. Understand. Just wanted to post some things I think I see, and wanted to double-check.

BTW, do you think there is a car turning in the direction Mickey is seen riding her bike, behind the DWT, behind the tree? Not only do I see the form of a car, but headlights and some curved trails of light going in that direction, that probably are a result of them rewinding the tape to capture the still image of the DWT.

Just want to post that it has been said LE has video of Mickey beyond this point.

Truck flipped 90 degrees compared with Mickey:
combined.jpg

Picture that might show car turning:
concentric3.jpg

Can someone who is good with the photo stuff do a closeup (zoom in) on these two things:

1. IMO, there is a car turning into the lane behind the DWT facing in the direction Mickey is riding her bike. You can see headlights shining through the foliage (2nd tree back) and the form of a car. To me it looks like it could be the hooptie car.

2. IMO, the light on Mickey's bike, looks very much to me like a light source under the truck. Can you do a side-by-side?

I asked this before, but didn't get an answer. Thanks.

Here's a side-by-side of Mickey and the DWT. Is it possible that the light near Mickey's tire isn't actually a reflector from the pedal (that's what I had assumed it was)? It's almost in the same spot as the light under the DWT. (Not in any way saying that's her under there!)

7408509428_02f2a732de_m.jpg

This image shows a side-by-side of the trees. There are definitely lights in the image with the truck, but I don't think there's enough clarity to determine if that's a car and especially not enough to tell if it's the hoopity.

7408509490_ca2355a490_m.jpg

this statement is key

"
if this truck went on St laundry it had to exit somewhere, this cant be the only photo. The more time that passes the harder it will be to find. "

i have been saying that until i am blue in the face, there is no possible way to exit the area without passing through either the cities federally funded MPO 'safety' cameras or the REDFLEX cameras, i live in this neighborhood and am in fact in a battle with the Department of Traffic and Transportation under the direction of Tony Tramel over the illegal use of the cameras and illegal use of federal FTA funds for the installation of speed calming devices.

long story short i know the system at this point better than they do!

the truck is either still in the neighborhood or is on a video leaving the neighborhood, simple as that.

finally someone else recognizes this

....if we have to live in a big brother state, at least big brother should use our tax dollars to help in situations such as this...

Yes, they should use what they have to help. As far as other cameras along possible 'exit routes', others have definitely recognized this and have gone scouting those areas, asking those residences/businesses with cameras about possible footage. The problem with that is the timing. By the time it was discovered that neither LE or Abdella had done an extensive search for such, it was far beyond the average time that any footage would be kept, before being recorded over. The community was asked to review their footage for any signs of Mickey. I'm sure anyone in the community who found anything odd on their recordings would report, but only if they knew what they were looking for, or at. Why not just collect all footage possible or request that the community keep that timeframe on disc or flash drive for future reference. That would be the difference in being reactive and proactive. Frankly, and unfortunately, for this family and the community, their reactive approach is just not 'getting it done'.

if it is the same truck then they have MPO and redflex footage showing the driver, the plate, the occupants and if there was a bike in the bed of the truck...........

i have zero respect or faith in lafayette city police detectives, but not even that crew of monkeys could not solve a case with that info......

dont forget, i was attacked myself and almost killed, the lcpd not only did not do hardly any investigation, they lost the files, i used my resourses, got all the information together on the perp, presented to mr. harson and that led to the trial, and only that!

If indeed they are the same truck then, yes, they should at least have a partial plate. I am not sure the driver, passenegers or a bike in the bed of the truck were ever revealed.

I have studied and studied these pics and have clarified as much as I am capable of and then studied them some more. As far as the white truck heading opposite of Mickey's direction, I feel that I can see a passenger leaning over and looking into the back seat. I also see what appears to be the back rear seat in a minimally forward position as if something is behind the seat preventing it from going back all the way. It also appears to me that someone is bent over near the front wheel looking under the truck. It's rediculous to me that people can look at those pics and NOT see something unusual. I'm not saying it is Mickey under the truck...not even sure it is the bike but it is something.

That being said, I think myself and a limitd number of others that sees these things. Could be because I see anomolies in the pics and am trying to make something out of what I see that doesn't fit what should be there.

It's always been my opinion that LE was able to identify this truck soon after the video was seen. That doesn't mean they don't need people to call and report sightings. Perhaps someone saw the truck in different areas...this could lead to the discovery of Mickey.

It always surprises me when people say..."well, that can't be true because surely LE would have informed us if they identified the truck or perp". So untrue. Perfect example is the Sierra Lamar case. They identified the perp and car right away. People were speculating all types of scenario's and LE even released the photo of a car similar to what they were seeking. They just wanted people to call in and say..yes, I saw that car on such and such day at such and such place so that they could track this guys movements and locate Sierra.

Again, just my opinion, but I don't think anyone needs to go out and find this specific truck at this point but everyone needs to spread the word and find people that did see it between the time Mickey disappeared and now. As a matter of fact, I think it could be the single most important thing anyone can do right now to help bring Mickey home.

BBM

I know it's been theorized that it could have turned around in a relatively short amount of time, but I must have missed where it was confirmed that DEFINITELY turned around. Link, please?

ETA: chicken.fried -- Good luck!!

As far as I know it has not been confirmed that it turned around. But it does seem like common sense.

BBM

I know it's been theorized that it could have turned around in a relatively short amount of time, but I must have missed where it was confirmed that DEFINITELY turned around. Link, please?

ETA: chicken.fried -- Good luck!!

The first I heard of Mickey was either Nancy Grace or Jane Velez. I was working around the house and listening and just looking up here and there. I am almost positive that it was implied or even stated that the truck turned around. That was the only time I ever heard the exact times being said vs reading it and that stuck in my head and so did the fact about the truck turning around.

Is there any way to watch these episodes again?

Good idea! Any perp(s) had until fairly late in the afternoon on Saturday to return to the scene to clean it up without attracting any attention from LE. I wonder if LE has reviewed any video footage from the daylight hours of Saturday starting at dawn. That might prove to be very helpful!

JMO.

I wonder if LE has reviewed any video footage from the previous nights, just to see if a better photo the the white truck and it's driver.

Here's a side-by-side of Mickey and the DWT. Is it possible that the light near Mickey's tire isn't actually a reflector from the pedal (that's what I had assumed it was)? It's almost in the same spot as the light under the DWT. (Not in any way saying that's her under there!)

7408509428_02f2a732de_m.jpg

This image shows a side-by-side of the trees. There are definitely lights in the image with the truck, but I don't think there's enough clarity to determine if that's a car and especially not enough to tell if it's the hoopity.

7408509490_ca2355a490_m.jpg

I thought about that with the light also. If you look at the pic of the truck going the opposite way, there is no type of light or relection there in that lane. Chicken Fried took a pic of this area by day and there is nothing at all on that section of lane that would cause a reflection of light. There is also something extremely obvious just in front of the passenger front tire. No idea what it is as it looks like different things depending on who is clarifying the image. I don't see how anyone can doubt that 'something' is there. Not a person but something.

The first I heard of Mickey was either Nancy Grace or Jane Velez. I was working around the house and listening and just looking up here and there. I am almost positive that it was implied or even stated that the truck turned around. That was the only time I ever heard the exact times being said vs reading it and that stuck in my head and so did the fact about the truck turning around.

Is there any way to watch these episodes again?

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/05/29/missing-co-eds-bike-found?hpt=ng_bn5

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/05/23/where-mickey-shunick
Google will give you lots of results.

Yes, they should use what they have to help. As far as other cameras along possible 'exit routes', others have definitely recognized this and have gone scouting those areas, asking those residences/businesses with cameras about possible footage. The problem with that is the timing. By the time it was discovered that neither LE or Abdella had done an extensive search for such, it was far beyond the average time that any footage would be kept, before being recorded over. The community was asked to review their footage for any signs of Mickey. I'm sure anyone in the community who found anything odd on their recordings would report, but only if they knew what they were looking for, or at. Why not just collect all footage possible or request that the community keep that timeframe on disc or flash drive for future reference. That would be the difference in being reactive and proactive. Frankly, and unfortunately, for this family and the community, their reactive approach is just not 'getting it done'.

To me, the fact that they did not speak to anyone about that video footage further down is because they knew there was nothing to see. It makes no sense that they would have gone as far as obtaining what video footage there is and then just stop looking with no valid reason. Something happened that they know about therefore there would be no reason to look further.

Just want to post that it has been said LE has video of Mickey beyond this point.

combined.jpg

---------

By golly, I knew the shapes in Mickey's bike light/lamp looked very much like those under the truck. There is a large rectangle, and a small rectangle.

Do you guys think Mickey's bike light would be proportional to the one under the truck, given the size of the tire on the DWT?

Thank you very much, and to cleo too.

combined.jpg

---------

By golly, I knew the shapes in Mickey's bike light/lamp looked very much like those under the truck. There is a large rectangle, and a small rectangle.

Do you guys think Mickey's bike light would be proportional to the one under the truck, given the size of the tire on the DWT?

Thank you very much, and to cleo too.

You're welcome and I noticed the lights seem to have 2 rectangles as well. Jeez, we keep going in circles! The only thing that would make me doubt this is Mickey's bike is that LE supposedly has video of Mickey further down on her route.

I thought about that with the light also. If you look at the pic of the truck going the opposite way, there is no type of light or relection there in that lane. Chicken Fried took a pic of this area by day and there is nothing at all on that section of lane that would cause a reflection of light. There is also something extremely obvious just in front of the passenger front tire. No idea what it is as it looks like different things depending on who is clarifying the image. I don't see how anyone can doubt that 'something' is there. Not a person but something.
------

Bolded your sentence above.

About the bolded part, I've posted that I think there are some solid objects there that look colored over. Maybe they do have identified objects of Mickey's in the video, but, since they couldn't extract, or remove them, they colored them over in order to blend in with the road.

Note: If the gray/brown objects on the road were by the truck in a cold climate, in winter, then I could believe they were ice/snow chunks that fell off of the tires. Since this isn't that climate, I don't know what the heck that "stuff" is.

Solving this crime will not be anything like a C.S.I. episode, of course. But I was thinking that one aspect seems inprobable enough to be in modern day crime drama...The perp(s) who seem to be stumping le.

My fear is that this is CSI vs Andy Griffith.

MOO

You're welcome and I noticed the lights seem to have 2 rectangles as well. Jeez, we keep going in circles! The only thing that would make me doubt this is Mickey's bike is that LE supposedly has video of Mickey further down on her route.
---------
Well, I proposed in a "theory" that the DWT could have backed up to that place in the still.

Re: the video of Mickey further down the route: Could have been just feet, yards, right?

As far as I know it has not been confirmed that it turned around. But it does seem like common sense.

IIRC -- and sorry that I have no link -- there was a post here about the truck-in-question "turning on" that street and I thought at that time the statement was not clear because it could have meant "turning onto the street" or "turning around on the street." I believe the poster was quoting LE and apologize again for not having a link or a post to reference. I'm hoping someone will recall the post.

(Of course, the statement could have been poorly reported by the media or deliberately stated unclearly by the police. MHO, I think it meant "turning around on.")

JMO, of course. . . .

It would be great if Nancy Grace or JVM would show the pics of Mickey with different hairstyles so they could be seen in every state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member