LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking wayyyyyyy outside the box and just making conversation.
If they had the inside passengers door modified so someone could not get out but you could get in front the outside. Maybe they stoled the door panel to cover up the display in-case someone was to look in. Could had rig handcuffs to the panel etc to keep the girls up front with him, and not worry about them trying to jump out.

That is what I was thinking, or that Mickey was in the front seat and kicked the panel causing damage, but the idea of the inside panel being modified makes more sense. imo

:please:Here's my Whiskey Bay album:

http://s738.photobucket.com/albums/xx23/domerally10/Whiskey Bay June 9th 2012/

Guys, from the heart, here, it only takes a few keystrokes to save my links. You're wearing your waiter out over a period of weeks here. Not you - specifically - but the way WS is set up - the blog style - I have spent too much time reposting and reposting and reposting, and I get the feeling no one is opening a little file on their device and saving my links. Sometimes I feel like a waiter at an all-you-can-eat popcorn shrimp night when the 300-pound club rolls in.

Please help me - Truly - I don't mind doing it, but I can't keep doing it week after week. I have big problems with my wrists. It just takes a second to open up Word or something else and save any links you want to save, and you can go back anytime you want.

I don't mean anything snarky by this - honestly: The truck debates keep flaring up when you show up and post a bunch of photos and say that the bike is under the truck with the right handgrip melted to the oil pan.

People are just following your lead in debating the truck. If you don't want people to offer their own opinions on your truck theory, and hearing responses to your theory bothers you, then you do always have the option of not posting it on the thread.

Just as you have the right to propose a theory, I have the right to apply critical thinking to it, as long as I stay civil.

:fence:

All options are yours :)
so the oil pan has a cover.. are you saying it's cool to touch, like you could touch it with your bare hands with the motor running, maybe running for a few minutes? what about the oilpan being covered would prevent it from making hot contact with the right hand grip? The condition of the grips matter because they were removed from the bike, and that's extremely difficult. It might be easier if they were badly damaged.

I don't understand the "fresh oil" road sign comment.. I just want a straight answer on the roadwork done between May19th and May25th. If they did anything at all that could remove evidence, especially if they got there before LE did. I'm not clear on how many times Luminol has been applied to the scene. The Shunick's aren't working with ACI at all, are they?

fair enough.. June 6th is too late to use the pressure washer for the May 19th event. I don't like thinking about other things that need washing 2 weeks later. I guess the video surveillance cameras burned in the fire, right?

ACI and Chicken Fried posted a daylight picture of the Circle K. It looked like blacktop on three lanes and non black top in the curb lane. The roadwork sign was gone just a couple of days after the 19th. In late May I saw a youtube video of a woman using a car to explore the potential MS routes and I didn't recognize the Circle K intersection without the roadwork sign. Has anybody seen what the road work sign said? Does anybody know what road work was done the entire day of May 19th, and the next few days? The video of Mickey I think was released on the 25th. What road work was done between the 19th and the 25th? When was the first chemical search of the area? It bugs me about the Luminol only being good for one use. Whoever uses that first time is the lead investigator. If ACI used it first that makes him the lead investigator. Is that not troublesome?

ACI did not use it first, LE did. This was posted several threads ago.

Are we finding Mickey or absolving the truck? The locals don't trust the authorities. The Shunicks hired their own PI almost immediately. The Shunicks don't seem to be working with ACI, or their statements don't include ACI. I don't understand why this truck has so many defenders.

No one is defending the truck. What I'm saying, and I think quite a few people agree, is that the pixelated random blobs aren't Mickey and the Bike under the truck. It's refraction of the light from the Circle K and the reflectors on the road itself. Unless Mickey stopped, laid the bike down, and then laid down herself, the laws of Physics say there is no way she's in the pictures under the truck. That's aside from LE saying there's nothing there.

Speaking for myself, I'm a little frustrated re-visting the same idea with different versions of the same pixelated blobs :banghead:. In my humble opinion, it would be more productive to look at different ideas, different theories, different places to actually physically go look. Other people may get more milage out of it.

I am a local, and I don't have a problem trusting LE. I do wish they would release more information and tell us how to help them. Yes, the Shunick's have their own PI. If it were my child, and I do have a daughter close to Mickey's age, I would use any and all resources at my disposal. ACI was hired by private donors to assist in the search for Mickey. While this may be his first missing persons case, and I have no idea if it is or not, I think his training qualifies him better than me, and better than quite a few people here. All I do is read alot on the topic -Ann Rule, Steve Jackson, and other articles, and have a few Psycology/Sociology classes under my belt.

I think the more trained professionals, and yes- ACI is a trained professional, we have the more likely it is that we can find Mickey and catch the person who did it before he does it again to someone else's daughter.

Any ideas of how much searching may have been done to the west and south of Lafayette? There's alot of fields, canals, and remote spots in those areas.

so the oil pan has a cover.. are you saying it's cool to touch, like you could touch it with your bare hands with the motor running, maybe running for a few minutes? what about the oilpan being covered would prevent it from making contact with the right hand grip? I don't understand the "fresh oil" road sign comment.. I just want a straight answer on the roadwork done between May19th and May25th. If they did anything at all that could remove evidence, especially if they got there before LE did. I'm not clear on how many times Luminol has been applied to the scene. The Shunick's aren't working with ACI at all, are they?

The roadwork was completed by the 19th. The sign had just not been removed.

I can't remember where in the threads, but the type of work being completed and the dates it was done was discussed there. I believe someone may have even posted what the sign actually said. It was quite awhile ago. If you're interested in the details but don't want to go thread by thread, Google searching might point you to the actual page. Websleuth results show up on there.

He has been verified by WS...

Just using your post as a jumping off point...

if you see a post that should be 'reported' or flagged - don't quote it. Part of the rules here at WS (that I recently re-read for refresher) state that we cannot, shall not, should not, sleuth any other WS member...definitely not!
I'm Dr. Suess'y today.

MOO and all that jazz.

so the oil pan has a cover.. are you saying it's cool to touch, like you could touch it with your bare hands with the motor running, maybe running for a few minutes? what about the oilpan being covered would prevent it from making contact with the right hand grip? I don't understand the "fresh oil" road sign comment.. I just want a straight answer on the roadwork done between May19th and May25th. If they did anything at all that could remove evidence, especially if they got there before LE did. I'm not clear on how many times Luminol has been applied to the scene. The Shunick's aren't working with ACI at all, are they?

Skid plate stays cool.
Fresh OiL sign may be there. You asked what the sign might be. I told you.
Road didn't change between Mickey's disappearance and now. Road work was finished.

Look at my Photobuckey links and draw your own conclusions. A picture is worth a thousand words, and definitely my two wrists.

BBL.

no one is defending the truck. What i'm saying, and i think quite a few people agree, is that the pixelated random blobs aren't mickey and the bike under the truck. It's refraction of the light from the circle k and the reflectors on the road itself. Unless mickey stopped, laid the bike down, and then laid down herself, the laws of physics say there is no way she's in the pictures under the truck. That's aside from le saying there's nothing there.

Speaking for myself, i'm a little frustrated re-visting the same idea with different versions of the same pixelated blobs :banghead:. In my humble opinion, it would be more productive to look at different ideas, different theories, different places to actually physically go look. Other people may get more milage out of it.

amen!

I gave a straight answer on the road work. Check my comment. Bye for now. Very tired and my patience is totally gone, so I better rest.

Read - check links - save links - refer back to them. helps save time

I am on the "not under the truck" bandwagon... but I'm wondering why you think LE used luminol there? They had no reason to.

fair enough.. June 6th is too late to use the pressure washer for the May 19th event. I don't like thinking about other things that need washing 2 weeks later. I guess the video surveillance cameras burned in the fire, right?

ACI and Chicken Fried posted a daylight picture of the Circle K. It looked like blacktop on three lanes and non black top in the curb lane. The roadwork sign was gone just a couple of days after the 19th. In late May I saw a youtube video of a woman using a car to explore the potential MS routes and I didn't recognize the Circle K intersection without the roadwork sign. Has anybody seen what the road work sign said? Does anybody know what road work was done the entire day of May 19th, and the next few days? The video of Mickey I think was released on the 25th. What road work was done between the 19th and the 25th? When was the first chemical search of the area? It bugs me about the Luminol only being good for one use. Whoever uses that first time is the lead investigator. If ACI used it first that makes him the lead investigator. Is that not troublesome?

IMO there was no need for an investigator to use luminol on this stretch of road because they know that Mickey is not under the truck. ACI used luminol on the road because so many posters were convinced that she was run over at that spot. LE knows that she wasn't, so it would make no sense for them to do so. MOO

Just using your post as a jumping off point...

if you see a post that should be 'reported' or flagged - don't quote it. Part of the rules here at WS (that I recently re-read for refresher) state that we cannot, shall not, should not, sleuth any other WS member...definitely not!
I'm Dr. Suess'y today.

MOO and all that jazz.

I did not sleuth another WS member. I stated that ACI is verified by WS. I apologize if anyone thought I was sleuthing him. Verified posters are listed in the first post of each thread. :)

was the luminol used in her last known spot? If so, why use it at all if we have no reason to believe she was under the truck or hit?

LA

Now thats a damn good post.:rocker:

from Jujube:
Not saying she was hit by the truck but:
1. If she was knocked off of her bike, there may not have been any blood. LE checked with luminol but never reported their results anyway.
2.It would not have to take anywhere near 3 minutes if there were 2 people. Grab and go.
3. The employee was busy with customers, had their back turned, etc
4. 2 am there could be a lull
5.Who said there's no video?
6. You would have to ask them.
7. Because she was hit and taken not left behind. They'd still need to find her.
8. What if the perpetrator turned off? They'd want info.
9. If a bike is bumped, it won't fall apart. There may not have been blood. They could have gone back in another car to check for anything remaining or even parked outside of the camera's range.

No one is defending the truck. What I'm saying, and I think quite a few people agree, is that the pixelated random blobs aren't Mickey and the Bike under the truck. It's refraction of the light from the Circle K and the reflectors on the road itself. Unless Mickey stopped, laid the bike down, and then laid down herself, the laws of Physics say there is no way she's in the pictures under the truck. That's aside from LE saying there's nothing there.

Speaking for myself, I'm a little frustrated re-visting the same idea with different versions of the same pixelated blobs :banghead:. In my humble opinion, it would be more productive to look at different ideas, different theories, different places to actually physically go look. Other people may get more milage out of it.

I am a local, and I don't have a problem trusting LE. I do wish they would release more information and tell us how to help them. Yes, the Shunick's have their own PI. If it were my child, and I do have a daughter close to Mickey's age, I would use any and all resources at my disposal. ACI was hired by private donors to assist in the search for Mickey. While this may be his first missing persons case, and I have no idea if it is or not, I think his training qualifies him better than me, and better than quite a few people here. All I do is read alot on the topic -Ann Rule, Steve Jackson, and other articles, and have a few Psycology/Sociology classes under my belt.

I think the more trained professionals, and yes- ACI is a trained professional, we have the more likely it is that we can find Mickey and catch the person who did it before he does it again to someone else's daughter.

Any ideas of how much searching may have been done to the west and south of Lafayette? There's alot of fields, canals, and remote spots in those areas.

Thank you!!!

Does anyone else remember a post<modsnip> from about a week ago. <modsnip> The post<modsnip> said something like "She is not under the truck, she is under the road work sign and I believe she is still there"?? I wish I had asked to explain that.

:please:Here's my Whiskey Bay album:

http://s738.photobucket.com/albums/xx23/domerally10/Whiskey Bay June 9th 2012/

Guys, from the heart, here, it only takes a few keystrokes to save my links. You're wearing your waiter out over a period of weeks here. Not you - specifically - but the way WS is set up - the blog style - I have spent too much time reposting and reposting and reposting, and I get the feeling no one is opening a little file on their device and saving my links. Sometimes I feel like a waiter at an all-you-can-eat popcorn shrimp night when the 300-pound club rolls in.

Please help me - Truly - I don't mind doing it, but I can't keep doing it week after week. I have big problems with my wrists. It just takes a second to open up Word or something else and save any links you want to save, and you can go back anytime you want.

You can create photo albums under your WS user profile. And you can make them visible to the public. Could you not move your photos from photobucket to these albums and simply direct queries to your user profile? I realize this would add some work getting it set up.

was the luminol used in her last known spot? If so, why use it at all if we have no reason to believe she was under the truck or hit?

LA

ACI used it only because that theory wouldn't be let go on here. It was an attempt to prove that she wasn't under the truck and put that theory to rest once and for all.

Unfortunately, it didn't work, and that theory surfaces again. :maddening:

What do we need to put it to rest? If the family's PI saw the video, and he confirms that the truck came and went without running over anything, will that resolve this for everyone?

Does anyone know if Abdella saw the video, or just the still shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne