LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is precedent for cops and criminals working together. no public employee feels like they are paid enough. even now I bet they wonder why they should gum shoe it for the same old salary, while PI's get paid by the hour + expenses.

Then let them leave the force and get licensed. It's a very simple solution.

Hell YES. It's just a scratches and bruises, so far. Happens very quick. Just about always have a ridable bike still.

Crap I did not even get the scratches.

The only damage was to the bike from sliding and hitting the ground.

Also, I know the manipulated pictures seem convincing but we have to remember that LE has a VIDEO. No way would the police force in Lafayette- no matter what other things they have going on internally- release a picture of Mickey being ran over. She is NOT under the VOI. No way. Nothing will convince me that she is. Her family Identified her in this video. There are several people just yards away at Circle K. Being ran over the way it's being described here would do far greater damage than a bent Rim with the tire coming lose. This MISSING PERSON investigation is costing LPD tens of thousands (if not more). They wouldn't keep that from the public. It wouldn't be a potential witness they were looking for but a suspect for vehicular homicide or something.

She is not under the truck.
Above and beyond any other reason, they would not allow her family to sit and wonder what happened to her if they had proof that she was under that truck in that image. No way.

So maybe LE wants to speak to the driver of the DWT because they are a witness to something or someone being in the area around the time MS disappeared. Maybe there is a vehicle parked in the utilities parking lot out of range of the camera. That might also explain why the photo of the DWT is cropped differently than the photo of Mickey.

You are not wrong. If she was under the truck (the video would clearly show it better than a still), they would of at the very least informed the family. Even if media suspected that it's possible she was under the truck, that story would be all over the place.

She's not under the truck IMO. Going to have to do better than dark color splotches for me to believe it otherwise.

I agree. I don't believe that she is under the truck but I do believe it to be possible that the bike slid under the vehicle.

Thus no DNA, no clean up, no missing articles.

the individual who posts here as ACI's previous experience was fraud and adultery investigations...with a highlight on Mardi-Gras. I don't believe he has worked any abduction/murder cases at all. I could be wrong. He only got his license 2 years ago, and he a public investigator if he's posting here. You trust who you want, ok?

Hey, no more coffee!! We don't need the temperature raised on the thread. ACI's work experience has nothing to do whatsoever whether he's telling the truth or lying about what he says LE told him, and that was the original comment you were responding to.

Since I don't have any of ACI's experience, am I lying when I report the pristine appearance of the asphalt on the stretch where Mickey last seen?

Or when I say that almost all Z71s have metal skid plates to protect the oil pan so that nothing like handgrips can stick to it? (Been holding my tongue on that one for days, and just saw it again.)

--------
LE has the video, and they can choose to distribute to the public whatever stills they want, in whatever order they want, in whatever time sequence they want, and in whatever enhanced way they want.

I maintain that these stills were released: only to ID the vehicles.

Ok. So it's obvious that LE is doing whatever the heck they want no matter what the people want. Has anyone local called to see why they aren't speaking to the public? Even if not with new info, simply addressing and or reassuring us? I don't normally follow cases like these. Is this silence "normal"? Also, in no way am I sleuthing the family, but aren't they being somewhat quiet as well? Again, I don't follow these cases, but it seems like I remember Elizabeth smart and Jon benet's fam pleading for help on the news more. I'm not judging, just wondering. Also, I may be mistaken about the Smarts and Ramsey's

As far as I know it has not been confirmed that it turned around. But it does seem like common sense.

I don't have a link handy, but I thought LE said that the white trucks facing different directions were different trucks... there was a HUGE brouhaha about that point, but apparently LE was clear about that. Plus, I think if you look at the cars and people at the Circle K in both pics, they're similar enough that it was said that there wasn't enough time for it to be the same truck. I could be wrong, though. Also, like has been said before, LE is releasing still pics from video. I'm pretty sure that there's a little more detail in what they've seen compared to what we've seen.

Thank you!!! ...for saying you see 'something' there. I feel like everyone is against the couple of us that say something is there. I see something on top and below the truck. No idea what it is and the best I can do is guess but something is there.

I think people are more against the idea that it's Mickey under the truck.

the individual who posts here as ACI's previous experience was fraud and adultery investigations...with a highlight on Mardi-Gras. I don't believe he has worked any abduction/murder cases at all. I could be wrong. He only got his license 2 years ago, and he a public investigator if he's posting here. You trust who you want, ok?

Wait, what? Maybe I'm just obtuse, but what are you trying to say?

I have considered this arson/theft very interesting since I heard about it. I believe the shop was burned badly. The items from the truck that were stolen were unusual. Passinger door panel, break lights...

Posters said the truck parts were interchangable with the DWTIQ. I have never heard of inside door panels being stolen, I am sure it happens but it is odd.

Another very strange incident!! I have heard nothing further about this.

Someone tried to state they stole the vehicle items because they are spots to hide drugs. Sorry can't buy this theory.

The pressure washers that were stolen, were taken a week or 2 after Mickey disappeared. Most pressure washers require power- ie electric plug, and are extremely noisy. Trust me- people would notice. Even a pressure washer cannot remove blood in a way that make Luminol not react.

At any rate- I believe what ACI and LE said about the pictures.

On a different note:

From Elizabeth Hill- KATC: A Lafayette City Prosecutor says he's noticed an increase in cases of spiked drinks. He tells us it happens more often than you might think. Coming up at 5 and 6 we'll tell you why you should think twice before you take that first sip.
A Lafayette City Prosecutor says he's noticed a spike in cases of spiked drinks. He tells us it happens more often than you might think. Tune in at 5 and 6 for the details!
https://www.facebook.com/katctv3?ref=ts

Could that possibly be a factor in her being more easily taken? Even if she drank coke or water, if it wasn't in a bottle opened by or in front of her- it's a possibility.

YES! I had it happen to me once. I hate to admit I am an addict, ( sober 22 years) so it did not knock me out as I had a high tolerance. It did however make me loopy as hell. I was sober amazingly enough when the drink was given to me, and since I was a professional drug tester at the time, I realized pretty quickly that the few sips of my beverage had given me the "wrong" type of buzz. I was able to tell my best friend, and the two guys who had given me the drink followed us, but somehow we managed to get rid of them and went home to Lafayette. I am grateful that I was a junkie. I might have not remained awake and able to alert my friends.

It is highly probable that this happened to her. Just so you guys know, I realized that in the first pic on university? She is stopped. We all know she felt bad, maybe she was drugged and felt "woozy".

LA

Ok. So it's obvious that LE is doing whatever the heck they want no matter what the people want. Has anyone local called to see why they aren't speaking to the public? Even if not with new info, simply addressing and or reassuring us? I don't normally follow cases like these. Is this silence "normal"? Also, in no way am I sleuthing the family, but aren't they being somewhat quiet as well? Again, I don't follow these cases, but it seems like I remember Elizabeth smart and Jon benet's fam pleading for help on the news more. I'm not judging, just wondering. Also, I may be mistaken about the Smarts and Ramsey's

I say they are far from silent. Mickey's mother has posted 3x on this thread.
Charlene is posting through social media several times a day. Her father has been on the news several times- including on Nancy Grace and Jane-whatever on HLN. Unthread was a new interview with Mrs. Nancy from KATC. They are doing their best to keep Mickey's face out there, IMO.

Hey, no more coffee!! We don't need the temperature raised on the thread. ACI's work experience has nothing to do whatsoever whether he's telling the truth or lying about what he says LE told him, and that was the original comment you were responding to.

Since I don't have any of ACI's experience, am I lying when I report the pristine appearance of the asphalt on the stretch where Mickey last seen?

Or when I say that almost all Z71s have metal skid plates to protect the oil pan so that nothing like handgrips can stick to it? (Been holding my tongue on that one for days, and just saw it again.)

BBM

If that bike simply slid, it would not show any DNA, nor would it hinder the pristine condition of the road.

Like I said earlier this does not have to be black and white. There could be many shades of grey here.

ETA

Until those photos were taken I was not able to see the writing on the road.

06-11-2012, 09:29 PM
A.C.I
Private Investigator Join Date: May 2012

Fresh from the LPD public information officer. Mickey is not underneath any kind of vehicle in any picture or video. She was not observed being run over.

Now it's all a matter if you believe them or not

I believe A.C.I.

I could take this statement couple of ways.
Not having her on video or in a picture from a video or camera showing her being run over, does not necessarily mean later on down the road she was not hit by a vehicle that was following her and hit her hard enough to knock her off her bike. Not to kill her, but to neutralizer for lack of better word. And I base this on the apparent fact they don't know for sure what happened later on out of camera view.

I do remember reading her rear tire frame showed damage. To what extend of the damage that i don't know, and if it would be consistent from being struck from behind.

With more information, we could speculate even further.

I don't have a link handy, but I thought LE said that the white trucks facing different directions were different trucks... there was a HUGE brouhaha about that point, but apparently LE was clear about that. Plus, I think if you look at the cars and people at the Circle K in both pics, they're similar enough that it was said that there wasn't enough time for it to be the same truck. I could be wrong, though. Also, like has been said before, LE is releasing still pics from video. I'm pretty sure that there's a little more detail in what they've seen compared to what we've seen.

I think people are more against the idea that it's Mickey under the truck.

Wait, what? Maybe I'm just obtuse, but what are you trying to say?

Yes, I have more of a problem with Mickey under the truck than with the bike being under the truck.

I say there are far from silent. Mickey's mother has posted 3x on this thread.
Charlene is posting through social media several times a day. Her father has been on the news several times- including on Nancy Grace and Jane-whatever on HLN. Unthread was a new interview with Mrs. Nancy from KATC. They are doing their best to keep Mickey's face out there, IMO.

I stand corrected then. Thanks.

YES! I had it happen to me once. I hate to admit I am an addict, ( sober 22 years) so it did not knock me out as I had a high tolerance. It did however make me loopy as hell. I was sober amazingly enough when the drink was given to me, and since I was a professional drug tester at the time, I realized pretty quickly that the few sips of my beverage had given me the "wrong" type of buzz. I was able to tell my best friend, and the two guys who had given me the drink followed us, but somehow we managed to get rid of them and went home to Lafayette. I am grateful that I was a junkie. I might have not remained awake and able to alert my friends.

It is highly probable that this happened to her. Just so you guys know, I realized that in the first pic on university? She is stopped. We all know she felt bad, maybe she was drugged and felt "woozy".

LA

Bolding added by me. I just want everyone to make sure that they take this statement as an opinion, and not a fact. It is impossible to factually declare that she is stopped.

I'd like to add another argument against Mickey being under the truck (although the laws of physics alone did it for me). Her family reads here. We suspect MSM reads here. ACI posts here. People in direct communication with Abdella post here. The theory that Mickey is under the truck that keeps coming up again and again over the last several weeks has most definitely been presented, by one or more of these parties, to LE. If she is truly under this truck, why continue this charade? They have the video. They can see the movement of the truck coming and going. They know if she's under there. And if we "found them out," and discovered the released a picture with her under the truck, why continue this?

She is not under this truck. Whether she ended up under some other truck/car/van, we can't say because there is no evidence of such. But she's not under this truck.

ETA: For the same reasons stated above, I think it can be concluded her bike is not under this truck either. They also would have seen that on the video, and if we'd "found them out," they would have released some sort of information at this point. There is no logical reason to pretend like the bike didn't get run over if they have video of it being run over. Whether Mickey was on it or not. We know they have the video. We know they know exactly what the truck did or did not run over.

I am local, and it was in the media.
http://www.katc.com/news/tool-shop-in-lafayette-burglarized-and-burned/

It happened June 6.

fair enough.. June 6th is too late to use the pressure washer for the May 19th event. I don't like thinking about other things that need washing 2 weeks later. I guess the video surveillance cameras burned in the fire, right?

ACI and Chicken Fried posted a daylight picture of the Circle K. It looked like blacktop on three lanes and non black top in the curb lane. The roadwork sign was gone just a couple of days after the 19th. In late May I saw a youtube video of a woman using a car to explore the potential MS routes and I didn't recognize the Circle K intersection without the roadwork sign. Has anybody seen what the road work sign said? Does anybody know what road work was done the entire day of May 19th, and the next few days? The video of Mickey I think was released on the 25th. What road work was done between the 19th and the 25th? When was the first chemical search of the area? It bugs me about the Luminol only being good for one use. Whoever uses that first time is the lead investigator. If ACI used it first that makes him the lead investigator. Is that not troublesome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston