LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A whole lot of crimes remain unsolved...and it does not mean that the criminals are such geniuses or that LE is so incompetent, IMO. It just means that no clear evidence was left behind to prove a case, no witnesses, etc...JMO

I am confused as to why it really matters at this point if we know whether or not Mickey made it another block, or went down one street or another...maybe I am missing something. What would be revealed if this knowledge was available?

It would at lease clarify that neither she nor the bike is under the truck. IMO. I would love to see a still just past the truck/Mickey on her bike even if it is only a couple feet.

Like many of us, I don't give a lot of credit to posters who come on, throw out major "clues" or supposed facts on their first post, and then disappear. However, I like where this has taken the train of thought. We need to be looking for clues that aren't so obvious.

Graffiti on WB bridge...we know graffiti is there. Most, if not all, is unrelated. But could the perp have left a tag there? Those who have been around websleuths for a while, have you seen instances where an individual themselves has disappeared without a trace, but a marker or tag that can be attributed to a killer was purposely left behind?

I went with the graffiti because so far all we have is that the bike was at WB Bridge. So someone connected with this disappearance (whether it be the disappearance of Mickey or just an unfortunate after-the-fact bike snatcher as some have proposed) was there. Other than the tire marks, there's got to be something else out there. (wishful thinking on my part, I admit)

I saved the link!

:rocker:

http://s738.photobucket.com/albums/xx23/domerally10/Whiskey Bay June 9th 2012/

Kind of on a side note, but as I've said before, I live in BR and am truly surprised at the lack of knowledge of this case here. I mean I have mentioned it to several of my nurse friends and coworkers expecting they'd know a lot about it, and they barely even knew that there was a missing person!

Baton Rouge should know more about this, and unfortunately they don't! This is a "big" city and people may know something through word of mouth about what truly happened that night. I wish I knew how to get the word out here more effectively than the occasional news snippets that they ran when Mickey initially disappeared.

You could contact the social media team set up by Mickey's family and friends. They could set you up with fliers, possibly press releases to send to your local networks. Charlie would probably be open to suggestions you would have also, since I believe she stated she spend the night with friends in Baton Rouge the night it happened.

Is LE still at Whiskey Bay?
Not much info on that. From KATC's facebook:
Divers are searching the Whiskey Bay area again. KATC checked with Lafayette police about possible new developments in Mickey Shunick's disappearance, but Cpl. Kyle Soriez says investigators have nothing new. He says divers have continually searched the area during the investigation.

And theadvertiser.com:
Several media outlets in Lafayette have reported the divers at Whiskey Bay now are there as part of the Shunick investigation; however, Cpl. Kyle Soriez, a spokesman for the Lafayette Police Department, confirmed police divers are at Whiskey Bay but could not say with certainty that the divers are there as part of the Shunick case.

Looks like either a newer Colorado or 2003 - 2006 Silverado.

Disregard everything about the trucks in the photos that are attached except for the front.

Found a comparison photo for the 2006/2007 Silverado. The 2007 front is what we're looking for.

And a close up of a current Colorado front.

The resemblance is uncanny!

Uncanny maybe but it's still an extended cab and not a double cab.

Uncanny maybe but it's still an extended cab and not a double cab.

Not to sound snarky, but did you read the bolded text?
I posted the pictures for the different fronts of the trucks, not for the truck body.

Boy, I screwed up on that one!
I am learning and trying to keep up with all of you! LOL

my stuff got mixed up in the quote!
Don't worry. Some of us have, oh, 12,848 posts and we don't quite know what we're doing either.

Was curt saucier the user name of the poster who posted the statement implying about writing on the wall?

No, it's the name written on one of the photos Chicken Fried took on the pillar at Whiskey Bay.

Thank-you....But I was speculating on her travel after being abducted...From What I have seen and read so far my theory for now, until more information is given or clarified is that she was hit by a vehicle not to kill her, but to stun her and get her in the vehicle. And her and her bike were taken east. About 27 miles away I was told the distance is to the bridge where the bike was found. And that they continue on east after the bike was discarded. I also speculate based on information here speculate the person not only knows the area but the neighborhood. And waited for her to reach a certain point to hit her thinking less likely of being seen.

The damage to the bike? Would you know or been told if the rear rim was bent as if being struck from behind?

Thank you again for your information.

I found my answer about the bike damaged.
I believe she was struck from the rear.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-lo...rd-significant/story?id=16458312#.T-JeJJFZ-Sp

Missing Louisiana student Mickey Shunick's recovered bike suffered significant damage to the rear tire, including a bent rim, authorities said today.

If that is the same white truck, it appears as though it passed her, and turned around and is now following her...IMO

Other way around. She passes the Circle K. The truck passes behind her on St. Landry. She is never seen again. The truck is seen passing the Circle K again going in the opposite direction.

Don't worry. Some of us have, oh, 12,848 posts and we don't quite know what we're doing either.

Thank you!

I know I have not posted much and have been lurking….I feel so incompetent compared to all of you. So many times I wanted to post but I was usually pages and pages behind all of you.
I am just a nosey worried Mom. Mickey is the same age as my nieces, one of them IS a friend of Mickey’s. From the beginning, this case touched me because I thought “what if it happened to my nieces? Or to my daughter who attended ULL and rode the streets alone?”
I also lived across from M&C FH when I attended USL many ages ago. Of course, I was never petite, pretty, or blonde and back then we didn’t lock our door!
Please find Mickey! Bring her home to her family and friends!

Writing on the wall - Curt Saucier ? I dunno, just looked on whitepages and there's 2 of them in Ville Platte
http://www.whitepages.com/name/Curt-Saucier/Louisiana

The writing on the wall poster's name started with an l and had 5 random letters and a number after the l.
That is all I remember about the poster but I am sure of that. And, I believe other posters were angered and responded and the thread was shut down for a bit.

No, it's the name written on one of the photos Chicken Fried took on the pillar at Whiskey Bay.

OT but: Anyone else confused as to why it looks like most of that graffiti was done by children? Who writes their name, 'HELLO', etc. under a scary bridge? Who goes under a scary bridge to begin with? All I can think of are fisherman using the boat launch, but why the heck would they allow their children to graffiti the bridge? When the graffiti brought up, I fully expect to see sophisticated tags (must like the blue one on the left pillar), not a bunch of jumbled scraggly stuff like you would find on the inside of a bar bathroom stall.

Back on topic now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member