LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. I googled it "the writing is on the wall" and, and it came up as a june 4 thread and page 44 and 45. Don't want to link it, because those posts and quotes, were deleted.

Can look it up if you want.

I googled and could not find it, probably entered something wrong. What exactly did you type in for the search.

Could he be out of jail by now...and someone who knows something remembered Curt had written his name there in the past? I know this is all pure out of the box guesswork, but it just feels right to look at every single possibility in order to find Mickey.

out of the box quesswork is better than none at all..

and lets face it, I am surely tired of the dwtiq ...

;)

LA

I don't know of anyone that has stated she died there...just possibly hit by the truck. I am not even saying that I necessarily think she was hit right there but I am saying that it is a possibility and since we don't know why not keep an open mind. Many of us do know that there is something in the pic so until someone tells me what it is then I have to see it as a possibility.

As far as LE... There could be several reasons why they would release the photo when they witnessed the truck hitting her.

*She isn't under the truck...only the bike which is not horrific.
*It's the only pic they have of the truck period.
*It's the only pic they have of the truck showing the passeneger side which we have determined has some identifying features such as a sticker or shade of some sort.

LE is under no obligation to reveal anything to us or a private investigator either way. They do not even have an obligation to the family during an active investigation. I have seen plenty of VIO's released to the public in many different situations...some with bodies in them clearly visible, some that they suspect may have a body or victim inside, some that have hit and killed someone and on the run. They don't always have options when it comes to releasing VOI photo's.

While I normally skim past the truck pics/posts, I do recall more than a few posters saying Mickey was under the truck. My opinion is that people are trying to read way too much in these truck pictures. I believe they said they were VOI's, not crime scene pics. Everyone is entitled to their opinions - you have stated yours frequently which is your right. And I have stated mine.

[snip]

I realize we have daytime pics of this area and there are no obvious signs of an accident but I would not expect there to be. Have seen too many horrific google images and not one showed any damage to a roadway...for that matter, only one seemed to have a minimal amount of blood on the ground.
'

I said it a few times a couple weeks ago, but no one paid attention. My reason for saying the asphalt would have had marks is that it's not any old asphalt - it was brand new - laid down a couple days before. Brand-new asphalt takes a bit to fully harden, and the first scratches on it always show, due to the surface stil being a bit "fluffy" and rough. That's why I've been hammering the pristine condition of the asphalt.

Just thought I'd try to throw my :twocents: in again....

Too tired to try to find it. Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't you ask this exact question about the road work a few days ago, and I answered? May have been someone else. The road work you see in the Mickey photo was already done. Letters laid down and everything. it was complete. The sign could have said "FRESH OIL," judging from the trails of slurry creeping out onto the old concrete west of the seam between old and new. We get a lot of "FRESH OIL" signs.

Is there a possibility that there was enough oil to splash a vehicle? Maybe that would account for some of the stuff we see near the tires of the truck and the black line that goes up he drivers side door. It looks like oil or dark mud was kicked up.

Just a thought...

The blue one looks pretty new, and fancy as well.

La
If any of it is gang grafitti or otherwise and recent, I wonder if LE looked into it? A sicko perp might want to leave a calling card of some kind...

I googled and could not find it, probably entered something wrong. What exactly did you type in for the search.

Forum: Websluths Mickey Shunick "the writing is on the wall"

You have to read the posts on June 4th. pg 44 and 45, there is a discussion about the posts. Just assuming this is the thread. :blushing:

Another day with no news:(

They say no news is good news and in this case it feels that way to me, because I do not want to hear any bad news. I keep hanging onto the feeling and the hope that Mickey is still alive somewhere and this is why there is no trace of her clothing or her body so far. I sometimes get spooked at the thought that her abductor may be reading these threads, and if he or she or they are in fact reading this right now, please, please, please bring Mickey back safely. She is loved and missed dearly and I don't think any of her family or friends will EVER give up on finding her. She is sorely missed. Please let her go home and live out the rest of her life. She has obviously brought so much happiness to everyone she knows. I pray your heart will soften and you will find remorse for your actions and give this darling girl back to her loving parents. :please:

Is there a possibility that there was enough oil to splash a vehicle? Maybe that would account for some of the stuff we see near the tires of the truck and the black line that goes up he drivers side door. It looks like oil or dark mud was kicked up.

Just a thought...

Not a bad thought, but they don't use enough oil to kick something up that high, AFAIK. It would have to be a heck of a standing puddle, and it would have gone into the wheel well, seems to me.

Ive always been the "the black mark is the shadow of the road-work sign, seen edge-on" guy. YMMV

Just a thought...

\
Wait - you lost me. Which truck/pic are you talking about???

If any of it is gang grafitti or otherwise and recent, I wonder if LE looked into it? A sicko perp might want to leave a calling card of some kind...

a perp who abducted a girl on a bike and tags. hmm.

LA

Originally Posted by Island hopper View Post

Just a thought..

Every time I look at the dark marking on the white truck door I think of the possibility of Mickey's bike handle grazing the door as the truck tried to pass her (in my mind's eye, that is)...and possible the marks of the bike handle as it scraped downwards. Would it be possible?

IDK anything. ACI said he used it. Haven't heard much from LE.

I have never heard LE state that they used luminol. ACI stated that he did but I am unsure if he really did or if he was just joking as a way of passifying everyone. I really thought he was just kidding because otherwise, he could be tampering with evidence and as a PI, likely not trained to use luminol. Unless he states otherwise, I will take it that he was just messing around <modsnip>.

a perp who abducted a girl on a bike and tags. hmm.

LA
The bike was dumped there, and not being from the area, it seems from what I read that it's possible that someone may be trying to make a statement by choosing an area with a history of crimes. I doubt they would, but you never know...

I will speak to my sis, she was a 911 operator/supervisor in New Iberia. I do not believe it is connected with Mickey.

LA

So far I have a myspace page and learned that she is listed as President of Aucoin's Home Improvement in New Iberia.. she has a daughter and is/was married.

'

I said it a few times a couple weeks ago, but no one paid attention. My reason for saying the asphalt would have had marks is that it's not any old asphalt - it was brand new - laid down a couple days before. Brand-new asphalt takes a bit to fully harden, and the first scratches on it always show, due to the surface stil being a bit "fluffy" and rough. That's why I've been hammering the pristine condition of the asphalt

would May 17th be a reasonable date of the birth of this fresh asphalt, and did it extend all the way to where Mickey was last seen riding? That daylight pic was great. I'd love to see that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member