LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I posted long ago, the poster that wrote "the writing is on the wall" has been inscribed into my mind but I can't figure it out. Also the posters screen name had alot of random letters, some in caps, and I thought the name may be a clue as well but I can't find his name.

"The hand writing on the wall" (or "the handwriting on the wall" or "the writing is on the wall" or "Mene Mene"), is an idiom for "imminent doom or misfortune" and for "the future is predetermined".

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_writing_on_the_wall"]The writing on the wall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

LA Could the post have been deleted? By a mod or the poster?
I think there was a brief thread closure that night.

AH crap, anything's possible. I am off tomorrow, and I have to ride, but after that I am chugging green tea and reading. I will try to start tonight.

It's worth a try.

LA

The paint used for the lines themselves is reflective. You can read more about reflective paint here:

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-reflective-paint.htm

Sure but it would likely not cause a dense spot of light. And this is in the middle of the lane where there is nothing in the road. If it was the paint, we would see more reflective spots. I mapped all the reflectors and tape on this section of road and there shouldn't be this type of light there. In my opinion, it's definitely not a reflection.

Thanks for trying to explain it away! I hope we come up with something that will prove it isn't a bike light.

"The hand writing on the wall" (or "the handwriting on the wall" or "the writing is on the wall" or "Mene Mene"), is an idiom for "imminent doom or misfortune" and for "the future is predetermined".

The writing on the wall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I tend to believe most serial killers are incredibly intelligent. I have two people in my life who are brilliant. My father and the love of my life. They usually do not beat around the bush, or hide behind flowery prose. They say it exactly like they mean it, nothing more nothing less. Of course, I always try to see things in another way, or look for some hidden message. None usually exists.

We just have to figure out which wall. Are there any walls with writing or art on them anywhere in lafayette or surrounding areas?

LA

I don't believe we are supposed to sleuth other members. Please don't get the thread closed!

Mod Note: It is against TOS to sleuth other members. You can refer to a post made by another member, but you cannot try to "out" or identify the poster.

I can safely say those who don't understand chicken's name are not country music fans! Lol.

If the "writing is on the wall", is the paint fresh?

Maybe, by "the writing's on the wall"' he meant that since Mickey has not been found, that he felt she left of her own volition. He might have not meant that the writing is on any wall litterally.

Did anyone find out any more information on the newly missing New Iberia woman?

Maybe, by "the writing's on the wall"' he meant that since Mickey has not been found, that he felt she left of her own volition. He might have not meant that the writing is on any wall litterally.

Yes, we need to remember this and think outside of the box. The discussion on the graffiti started because we were trying to think outside the box as a means to find new clues. Since sleuthing the DWT or what Mickey was wearing or had on her that night has turned up no info, we needed a new angle.

I think the graffiti discussion is a good one as it is possible a tag may have been left. However, let's not get totally fixated on it.

Anyone else got any other out of the box ideas we can throw around at the same time?

I tend to believe most serial killers are incredibly intelligent. I have two people in my life who are brilliant. My father and the love of my life. They usually do not beat around the bush, or hide behind flowery prose. They say it exactly like they mean it, nothing more nothing less. Of course, I always try to see things in another way, or look for some hidden message. None usually exists.

We just have to figure out which wall. Are there any walls with writing or art on them anywhere in lafayette or surrounding areas?

LA

That is an interesting thought. What about the underpasses in Lafayette, especially going towards I-10. Also, isnt there a "tunnel" or walkacross by the Cajundome?. Another place to look for tagging would be the old OLOL hospital and the parking garage. Maybe the perp did some tagging around those areas as well.

LA

I remember thinking on the night of the post that wall could mean fb wall. Could WS be considered a wall?

Sure but it would likely not cause a dense spot of light. And this is in the middle of the lane where there is nothing in the road. If it was the paint, we would see more reflective spots. I mapped all the reflectors and tape on this section of road and there shouldn't be this type of light there. In my opinion, it's definitely not a reflection.

Thanks for trying to explain it away! I hope we come up with something that will prove it isn't a bike light.

Check the pictures I took today and posted. There is a double layer of REFLECTORS... where the picture of Mickey was taken. One set of reflectors for the turn lane- yellow, and another set of reflectors for the far lane. Two...sets... of REFLECTORS...in addition to the reflective paint, and the large metal box by the traffic light. More than enough reflective sources to show what was in the picture.:banghead:

I remember thinking on the night of the post that wall could mean fb wall. Could WS be considered a wall?

Possibly a hint saying something of importance is on BS's FB wall? However, that's only if we think it means something and at this point, IDK.

No one is arguing the the possiblity there was a bump and grab exists. What we're saying is that the pixelated blobs aren't Mickey or the bike.

I went to the Circle K on my way home. I was 99% sure there were reflectors, but didn't want to argue it until I double checked. I took pictures. There are MULTIPLE rows of REFLECTORS on the road, in addition to the reflective paint.

I'm posting two here, the rest of the pictures of the Circle K I took today are in a public folder.

I really appreciate your effort and love looking at the pics!! But even your pics show that there is no reflector in the spot under the truck. The light source comes from a point almost in the center of the lane. And you can also see that none of the reflectors that are there produce this type of light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member