LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To those who think the truck ran over her I have a few questions:
1) How long do you think it would take for the driver to run over her, clear her from under his truck, pick up the bike and put it in the back, sweep up every speck of debris, and then wash all the blood away with a mop and a bucket he just happened to have in his truck?
2) Let's be generous and say this would take three minutes. How did the people gassing up not see any of this?
3) How could the employee in the store not see any of this?
4). How could the various cars that passed along University, a pretty busy arterial street, not have seen anything when this happened about ten yards from University.
5) why is there no video of any of this from the same camera that captured Mickey on her bike?
6) what purpose would the police have in lying to the public by not telling us about this footage they have of the truck running over her?
7) why would the police waste thousands of man hours in a search for her?
8). Why would they go further along her possible route and ask businesses and homes for video of that night if they knew all along it was run over?
9) How could the driver have cleaned up so thoroughly that not one tiny drop of blood was found or one small piece of her bicycle when this exact area has been searched by many fairly soon after she went missing?

Thanks for looking at these questions. I hope you can come up with logical answers for them.

1) she could have been knocked silly (unconscience) but still have no bloody injuries, no massive damage to her bike other than what was reported. less than 2 minutes.
2) you would be surprised.
3) waiting on customers, using the bathroom, stocking the shelves
4) We don't know there isn't video of it
5) Trying to not scare the person responsible into hiding, changing the color, appearance of their truck, or worse.. forcing them to rid themselves of Mickey
(basically leading the perp to believe they don't or can't *see* anything.
7) they are searching for her because she isn't still there on that corner. They can't get a clear plate on the truck, which is why they released the image in the first place or they wouldn't have. They need to find the truck to find Mickey, obviously, and HAD to release the only clear image to do that and maybe blur out details. catch 22.
8) She was obviously put in the truck, and trying to see where the truck went and direction it headed..without showing all their cards, asking for general info.
9) See number 1

I really appreciate your effort and love looking at the pics!! But even your pics show that there is no reflector in the spot under the truck. The light source comes from a point almost in the center of the lane. And you can also see that none of the reflectors that are there produce this type of light.

Yes.....there are..... :banghead:

I believe it is Thread 20, Pages 43-45. Totally squeaky clean, though. Only the homophobic post about Brettly remains.

There were a lot of people popping in and out.

One post I saw was so weird that I took a screen shot and printed it.

I don't remember it, but I remember being spooked.

Sorry, a bit off topic for what is currently being discussed... I just really looked at the photos ChickenFried posted (thank you) and I find it discouraging that there is any trash or debris there. I know most of it is most likely not connected to Mickey's case in any way, but I am reminded of little Caylee Anthony's case and the care and prescision that LE took while cataloging every bit of evidence from the site where her body was recovered. What makes LE certain none of these items, clearly visible in CF's photos, are not connected to the person who dumped her bike? I would think that the fact that her bike was discovered at this location would make it a crime scene and thus treated as one. Just a thought, jmo...

Eta: not bashing LE (sorry Bessie!). Just wondering about LE's actions. Is it possible this is not the site the bike was dropped?? Or, do they know something that made them not be concerned with any collateral evidence that might be at the site?
There's a big difference between making an observation and raising questions, and making critical comments with no examples to back them up. I think yours is a legitimate question. The answer might be that the photos were taken very recently, almost a full month after the bike was found. That's a lot of time in which debris could have blown in or washed up on the shore, especially considering the bad weather we've had in the past few weeks. Some might have been left by fishermen during that time, as well. Also, CF's photos cover a large area and not all depict the immediate site where the bike was found.

Have y'all seen there is now a missing new iberia woman missing?

There's a big difference between making an observation and raising questions, and making critical comments with no examples to back them up. I think yours is a legitimate question. The answer might be that the photos were taken very recently, almost a full month after the bike was found. That's a lot of time in which debris could have blown in or washed up on the shore, especially considering the bad weather we've had in the past few weeks. Some might have been left by fishermen during that time, as well. Also, CF's photos cover a large area and not all depict the immediate site where the bike was found.

I agree. This time of year that area is busy.

LA

For those that were intrigued by the mystery poster that stated something about her still being under the sign...there is what appears to be a storm drain thing on the curb not far from where the sign is. Maybe they were referring to that or just the sewage system altogether.

I have one of those storm water drain things at the end of my driveway and have seen raccoons much bigger than Mickey climb in and out of it.

I believe it is Thread 20, Pages 43-45. Totally squeaky clean, though. Only the homophobic post about Brettly remains.

Thanx. I remember now. That was the night I made the comment about leaving yourself logged in on a website and somebody sits down and types random stuff under your name. That poster had very normal type posts up until that night.

For those that were intrigued by the mystery poster that stated something about her still being under the sign...there is what appears to be a storm drain thing on the curb not far from where the sign is. Maybe they were referring to that or just the sewage system altogether.

I have one of those storm water drain things at the end of my driveway and have seen raccoons much bigger than Mickey climb in and out of it.

Well if that was what they were referring to, it's very likely they saw our previous discussion about the sewage system--the discussion happened a few weeks ago, I believe--and posted some cryptic post pulling in that concept and just stated it to stir the pot.

A lot of the cryptic posts I've seen have just been references to off the wall theories or rumors that have been previously circulated.

Ivorywolf, great pictures, thank you for taking the time to snap them and post them. Things look oh so different in broad daylight.

That makes a lot of sense and makes me feel significantly better. Thank you. Just from looking at those pics, I was thinking the area would be completely free of debris, because they would have picked up every piece (even things as small as cigarette butts) from the site. I will assume they did and what I see in the photos is either not exactly the recovery site or washed up after the fact.

OT I live in a major city and, on Earth Day, participated in a park clean-up event. We picked up every tiny little piece of trash and litter from that park. Found some interesting things! Within a week though, it was back to its original shape... So sad...

snipped
Hope I never see a raccoon that big in our storm drain :what:.

FINAL WARNING!

Mod Note: It is against TOS to sleuth other members. You can refer to a post made by another member, but you cannot try to "out" or identify the poster.

I understand where y'all are going with this theory, but either leave the poster out of it, or drop it. You cannot, and will not, sleuth (accuse, speculate about) another member of this board.

Also , with this wriing on the wall stuff, it really brought up a disturbing image to me. When I went to BW house on the Monday the searches first began, I parked at a building on Congress, that had a big fresh grafitti tag!!!!!! My friend took a pic of it , I do not remember what it said, I will find it RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

Does anyone else remember a post<modsnip> from about a week ago. <modsnip> The post<modnsip> said something like "She is not under the truck, she is under the road work sign and I believe she is still there"?? I wish I had asked to explain that.

I caught that too and thought it was a weird statement, I also noticed a sewer street drain thing about 6 ft from where that sign was on google. Anybody look in there to see if any personal belongings, Mickey or evidence might be in there? I am 4'11" and have skinny'd my way into one of those to retrieve keys before.

I caught that too and thought it was a weird statement, I also noticed a sewer street drain thing about 6 ft from where that sign was on google. Anybody look in there to see if any personal belongings, Mickey or evidence might be in there? I am 4'11" and have skinny'd my way into one of those to retrieve keys before.

The ones in Laffy are HUGE. I fell down in one once and got stuck half in and half out. I am 5ft5 at the time I was young and super skinny. I was finally able to wiggle myself out.

LA

The ones in Laffy are HUGE. I fell down in one once and got stuck half in and half out. I am 5ft5 at the time I was young and super skinny. I was finally able to wiggle myself out.

LA

'Ironically, I've been caught in one myself, but when I saw the size of those racoons, I slipped right back out..

OK this is very weird, The graffiti on the wall is PACMAN with 4 little dots and a female ghost, from the pacman game and written under it, it says GAME OVER. THis is on the cynderblock building on congress and the street that runs on side of BW's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3