LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mean he'd be worried about the vandalism charges necessarily... Just that he would no longer be flying under the radar if caught over something so... Petty. IMO.

A profile on this person would be nice, even if there's not much to go on (once again, that we know of).

I think in that area, cops have a lot more to worry about than someone painting on a wall. JMO

LA

Hate to be a stickler, but to me it means something completely different. In the game, the ghost is moving toward PAC-man, while PAC-man is moving toward the ghost. PAC-man will have to go through the three smaller dots before he gets to the bigger dot, making himself invincible to the ghosts. But, by the time that has happened, the ghost will be on PAC-man, thus "game over" for PAC-man. The ghost is not solid colored (not blue), meaning it is still in bad ghost form -if it gets PAC-man, he dies. The ghost is closer to the big dot than PAC-man is... I have played this game many, many times. I firmly believe the graffiti means game over for PAC-man. The bow on the ghost is wrong, though. Only Ms. PAC-man wore bows. There are different color ghosts, though, including a pink one.

Eta: my annoyingly well-versed gamer hubby (a game developer for a video game company) seconds this, fwiw...

Yes, but looking at it through a gamers eyes means nothing. This was not done to be specific to the world of games. It had a totally different meaning. JMO

LA

This is my first post but I've been reading about Mickey since I first saw her missing on Huffpost. She so reminded me of one of my best friends with her gorgeous blonde curls and open, friendly smile. Like you all, every day I am praying and hoping Mickey will be returned home to her loved ones. I haven't had anything to post until now but the Pacman graffiti picture caught my eye tonight. To me the picture practically looks like it's been DRAWN with a giant felt tip pen, not spray painted. The lines look too clean. What could this mean about the 'artist'? I am in awe of the support this forum is providing - keep up the great work Everyone!

Just to note...there is a professional NFL player for the Cincinnati Bengals named Pacman Jones. He has had many recent trials and tribulations (literally)...perhaps the tag is referring to him? You can google him for more info.
(I actually doubt graffiti is referring to the NFL player, but I wanted to put it out there anyway).

This story caught my eye...

http://www.katc.com/news/big-3-stories-wednesday-september-23-2009/

"kids riding their bikes"
"multiple people in vehicle..."

I also wanted to note that while the location of Mickey's bike could indicate a local, I am wondering why on earth would someone stick around after doing something like this? This is such a small town you'd think someone would notice something strange....even the person(s) who did this. IMO, the behavior, social skills (very poor or very above average) of someone who is capable of this sort of thing would surely be odd to someone in some way, right? Especially if local....

I also have a question about areas being searched...do we know which waterways, wooded areas, etc have been searched? I know there are TONS around the area. I am just confused as to why they decided to search WB again today and not somewhere new? Seems like a waste of resources unless they know/think they know something.

Also, has EVERYONE Mickey may have come into contact with in her Horse training job been questioned? Not neccisarily people she worked with, but people perhaps that she encountered at horse related shops, shows, etc.?

My final question is...does anyone think that the front end of the truck might have one of those gadgets that pulls things on it? What about the mark on the side of the truck?

I apoligize if some of these questions have been answered, but these threads are soooo long I havent been able to read all of them.

I think kids on bikes are always a target. Usually their bikes are left behind. .

I would like to say that this is related, but it was years ago.

LA

I can't believe that information has been non existent for so long that it's now being resorted to trying to explain inner meaning to wall graffiti.

That's when you know when a case has grinded to a halt (as far as information/evidence). When you start looking at things so far out of left field to try to make connections.

Wouldn't be the first or last for this theory, cityslick. Although I agree that silence in investigations only lead to rumors, conjecture, and speculation. Many predators/SKs love riddles & game playing, while creating an identity and distinguishing themselves from the others. Below is only two examples of which there are many:

http://www.weau.com/news/headlines/18353369.html

Detectives say gang of serial killers responsible for 40 river deaths

Two retired New York detectives say a gang of killers is leaving its mark--a smiley face.

"It's not just a smiley face. He’s evil, happy and he drew horns which are synonymous with the devil. He’s telling you he knows murder is evil," Gannon says.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Hunter_Jesperson"]Keith Hunter Jesperson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Keith Hunter Jesperson (born 6 April 1955) is a Canadian-born American serial killer known as the "Happy Face Killer" for the smiley face he drew on his many letters to the media and prosecutors.
Jesperson was upset that he was not getting the attention, and first drew the smiley face on the bathroom wall where he wrote an anonymous confession for the murder.

and it's literally true that the z71/Silverado/GMC/Chevy crew cab is on every block, both sides of the street and on the street. I suppose every criminal and all of LE knows this. What narrows the search for DWTiq? The diagonal winch line in the bed, the square wheel wells. Google's yellow man presumably only takes a short while to travel down the street, just like a regular car.. maybe it goes faster, because Google's Yellow man passes a DWT on the right as it goes down Landry toward I-90, the highway. Here is my last stop for Google's yellow man. If you know the area, speak up.
This is a still shot.
l.jpg

This is Google Maps direct:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=US+90+Business+%26+St+Landry+St,+Lafayette,+Louisiana+70506&hl=en&ll=30.220824,-92.023705&spn=0.004719,0.006899&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&geocode=FZ8hzQEdCtWD-g&hnear=US+90+Business+%26+St+Landry+St,+Lafayette,+Louisiana&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=30.220891,-92.023791&panoid=Ae21rtjzPgWPiuCy4eFleQ&cbp=12,26.57,,0,5.03

Here's an interesting angle.

What if it is a city employee?

It would be very easy for this person to get information from LE. They would know what LE is looking for, which in my strong opinion, isn't the DWT. They'd know where LE is looking as well.

They'd basically be an insider.

Yep, city employees know far more than you might guess.

LA

and it's literally true that the z71/Silverado/GMC crew cab is on every block, both sides of the street and on the street. I suppose every criminal and all of LE knows this. What narrows the search for DWTiq? The diagonal winch line in the bed, the square wheel wells. Google's yellow man presumably only takes a short while to travel down the street, just like a regular car.. maybe it goes faster, because Google's Yellow man passes a DWT on the right as it goes down Landry toward I-90, the highway. Here is my last stop for Google's yellow man. If you know the area, speak up.
This is a still shot.
l.jpg

This is Google Maps direct:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=US+90+Business+%26+St+Landry+St,+Lafayette,+Louisiana+70506&hl=en&ll=30.220824,-92.023705&spn=0.004719,0.006899&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&geocode=FZ8hzQEdCtWD-g&hnear=US+90+Business+%26+St+Landry+St,+Lafayette,+Louisiana&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=30.220891,-92.023791&panoid=Ae21rtjzPgWPiuCy4eFleQ&cbp=12,26.57,,0,5.03

Right truck, wrong year. I went one more "arrow" and you can clearly see the front of the truck you mentioned.

I tried URLing it but your photo came back up. Nothing like a print screen and attachment!

Attachments

• googlechevy200306.jpg
    googlechevy200306.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 24
And are students likely to drive a truck like that (unless it‘s their parents)?….I wouldn’t think that would be their first choice for transportation (with the cost of gas, etc)…just saying.
IMOO[/QUOTE]

Here in Texas a lot of kids drive big trucks. It is a symbol of success to the parents. My son has one friend who wrecked his big truck. It was totaled-- because it was an older model his Mom was whining to me that he "needed" it, and that they were fighting the insurance so that he could keep it. This is after standing in a grocery store complaining to me about the high cost of gas to keep him on the road.

You'd be surprised at what some parents will do to keep up appearances. It became clear that they could not afford a new car at all and fought the insurance company for two months. The insurance company finally caved.

He's back driving the repaired and repainted gas hog. So, yes some kids do get big trucks as a first car.

LA

Wouldn't be the first or last for this theory, cityslick. Although I agree that silence in investigations only lead to rumors, conjecture, and speculation. Many predators/SKs love riddles & game playing, while creating an identity and distinguishing themselves from the others. Below is only two examples of which there are many:

http://www.weau.com/news/headlines/18353369.html

Detectives say gang of serial killers responsible for 40 river deaths

Two retired New York detectives say a gang of killers is leaving its mark--a smiley face.

"It's not just a smiley face. He’s evil, happy and he drew horns which are synonymous with the devil. He’s telling you he knows murder is evil," Gannon says.

Keith Hunter Jesperson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Keith Hunter Jesperson (born 6 April 1955) is a Canadian-born American serial killer known as the "Happy Face Killer" for the smiley face he drew on his many letters to the media and prosecutors.
Jesperson was upset that he was not getting the attention, and first drew the smiley face on the bathroom wall where he wrote an anonymous confession for the murder.

I think in this case it makes for a good story, sensationalizes the crime (perp taunts police by drawing graffiti after girl goes missing). Same thing with the theory that she was under the truck in the picture (girl goes missing but gets caught on camera being dragged by a truck).

It's good message board fodder I guess.

Right truck, wrong year. I went one more "arrow" and you can clearly see the front of the truck you mentioned.

I tried URLing it but your photo came back up. Nothing like a print screen and attachment!

IDK how to do that. I have a prt scn button.. doesn't do anything. I resorted to printer prints and taking pictures of the screen with a digi-cam. Help me.

Here's an interesting angle.

What if it is a city employee?

It would be very easy for this person to get information from LE. They would know what LE is looking for, which in my strong opinion, isn't the DWT. They'd know where LE is looking as well.

They'd basically be an insider.

I have, for at least 3 weeks now, felt that someone had some sort of inside knowledge of such things as camera placement, angles, etc. I could be wrong, and the perp could have instead simply relied upon dumb luck. But other factors (such as the locale and its reputation) seem to point to this being carefully crafted by a diabolical mind.

IDK how to do that. I have a prt scn button.. doesn't do anything. I resorted to printer prints and taking pictures of the screen with a digi-cam. Help me.

Press Print Screen and open an image program. Paint will do! Right click "Paste".

Boom!

Attachments

• link1.jpg
    link1.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 13
  • link2.jpg
    link2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 13
  • link3.jpg
    link3.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 13
I think in this case it makes for a good story, sensationalizes the crime (perp taunts police by drawing graffiti after girl goes missing). Same thing with the theory that she was under the truck in the picture (girl goes missing but gets caught on camera being dragged by a truck).

cityslick, when I read all the posts concerning the graffiti, I had yet to see the pic link posted by Cajngrl02 -
[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/80871010@N06/7411898278/in/photostream"]142 | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

After viewing it and considering the location, events of late, as well as various parallels significant to this investigation. Imo, it would be less than prudent to simply ignore this as a coincidence or childs play. It shouldn't be very difficult for investigators to identify the artist and rule it in or out; Game Over..

cityslick, when I read all the posts concerning the grafitti, I had yet to see the pic link posted by Cajngrl02 -
142 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

After viewing it and considering the location, events of late, as well as various parallels significant to this investigation. Imo, it would be less than prudent to simply ignore this as a coincidence or childs play.

Yes, when I jumped on someone's mention of the graffiti a the bridge and suggested we look for clues in obscure places, I definitely didn't mean literally dissect the graffiti. I meant instead, let's shake things up about and approach things from another angle.

However, then a literal piece of creepy as all get out graffiti near where Mickey disappeared showed up. So while I didn't intend for the discussion to be literal, I think now it needs to be.

We need to find out when that graffiti showed up, and if it's still there. I'm very curious to hear what the locals who where going to check it out this morning find.

Where it was said some rough people like to park and just hang out all hours of the night?

Is it possible when BW and Mickey went to Taco Bell, they passed by them and maybe had a tiff with people in the parking lot for some reason? Words, or something? Standing in the street? ??? So, when they noticed Mickey left alone later on her bicycle...they followed and retaliated. Is that why BW was watching her leave? Ok, I am taking a break... :(
I would think Brettly would have mentioned this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee