LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think whoever (male) wrote GAME OVER is left handed. And whether or not this person was involved in Mickey's disappearance, I do think the creation of the graffiti is related to the case. JMO.

Yes, when I jumped on someone's mention of the graffiti a the bridge and suggested we look for clues in obscure places, I definitely didn't mean literally dissect the graffiti. I meant instead, let's shake things up about and approach things from another angle.

However, then a literal piece of creepy as all get out graffiti near where Mickey disappeared showed up. So while I didn't intend for the discussion to be literal, I think now it needs to be.

We need to find out when that graffiti showed up, and if it's still there. I'm very curious to hear what the locals who where going to check it out this morning find.

I agree, that will definitely help us realize if it is relevant, or just a creepy bit of art. I understand that more than anything we want to figure this out, and need something new to help our puzzle fit together, but I would rather go through this in a logical methodical fashion.

Just as the perp did.

LA

To those who think the truck ran over her I have a few questions:
1) How long do you think it would take for the driver to run over her, clear her from under his truck, pick up the bike and put it in the back, sweep up every speck of debris, and then wash all the blood away with a mop and a bucket he just happened to have in his truck?
2) Let's be generous and say this would take three minutes. How did the people gassing up not see any of this?
3) How could the employee in the store not see any of this?
4). How could the various cars that passed along University, a pretty busy arterial street, not have seen anything when this happened about ten yards from University.
5) why is there no video of any of this from the same camera that captured Mickey on her bike?
6) what purpose would the police have in lying to the public by not telling us about this footage they have of the truck running over her?
7) why would the police waste thousands of man hours in a search for her?
8). Why would they go further along her possible route and ask businesses and homes for video of that night if they knew all along it was run over?
9) How could the driver have cleaned up so thoroughly that not one tiny drop of blood was found or one small piece of her bicycle when this exact area has been searched by many fairly soon after she went missing?

Thanks for looking at these questions. I hope you can come up with logical answers for them.

for the sake of argument, i will answer your "opinions" with mine...

biker stopped for a second in the street in the first brightly lit area to do something on phone/ipod etc... (vid capture 1)

truck approaches slowly to make a wide left into circle k (possibly coming from a bar wanting to grab more beer before 2am... minutes away) there is a vehicle approaching path of truck in vid capture 1 per lighting on back of utility box on corner... suggesting a reason to make a wide turn into circle k...

driver does not see stopped bike because he is going to turn left and his attention is directed to turning left with only a few minutes left to buy beer.

driver hits something, stops, backs up to see what he hit (vid capture 2) (think of hitting a bike while pulling out of your driveway... it is unlikely it would break into a thousand pieces of "evidence" but is likely it would sustain some damage.

driver sees he just ran over a person, helps the alive, injured rider into the cab, throws the intact bike in the back with no bad intent "yet". takes 30 seconds

rider quickly loses signs of life or starts coughing up bl**d and driver realizes "he" is fu**ed and panics, drives far out of town, dumps everything, then checks his truck for damage "now evidence" and sees a chunk of plastic from his front bumper broken/missing. NOW worried about "possible evidence at the scene" driver returns home, gets in another vehicle and goes back to do a drive-by. he finds the broken piece of plastic in the street "vid capture 3, debris on the road under rear of other? truck" and grabs it...

that is "a" sequence that fits the captures... now to continue with assumptions...

LE treats this case like every other MP case and then gets a security video depicting a biker being run over and put in a truck...
though LE is "pretty sure", based on what they know, this video is of the MP in question, they cannot use this presumption and poor video quality to make a 100% positive ID so this information is withheld from the public/parents and is sent to the fbi...
fbi gets involved because of video and gives LE the information and the three stills of the vid they may "make public"
it is my understanding that once the fbi is involved "they" call the shots and tell LE what they may release or not release... to anyone.

to answer the question of why would LE wast all that time searching... i don't understand that question... they have always appeared to me to be searching for a body, and they do not know the fate of the rider passed the video...

about people not seeing... rider appears on right side of truck, circle k is on left side of truck, not that i need even that much because people are all wrapped up in what "they" are doing like the guy texting/reading his cellphone, pumping gas...
if the "people would have heard/seen something" theory had any merit there would never be a car broken into/stolen from a driveway right in front of your house and neighbors... because "people would have heard something"

to answer "why is there no video"... we only know what WE have been given and it is absurd to think we have or are entitled to the same evidence "they" have...

my opinion
no inside info

peace

Yes, but looking at it through a gamers eyes means nothing. This was not done to be specific to the world of games. It had a totally different meaning. JMO

LA
...although whoever did it was familiar enough with the game to know about the smaller dots and larger dot. I wouldn't have know that, but then again, I know next to nothing about Pacman.

k guys, I apologize, this is the first time I have posted without reading back at least a little first. After hearing about BW's (in Alabama) uncles yesterday I have almost had my fill. I know this is not everyones POV but it almost seems the only thing to do is pray with our whole hearts for peace & protection & REALLY rely totally on the lord for it all, including final justice. Seems the more determined, angry, frustrated we all get the more we hear of terrible things going on, & the stories always seem to get more & more horrid & disgusting!
Please forgive the rant, worked last night, didnt sleep the night/day before so my "people don't care, don't clog the thread" judgement is disabled right now.
***BTW, pretty sure the pac man has been there for a very long time...arent there any camera logs that could see the wall that could be back checked to see when it appeared? Yes, I am serious;)

...although whoever did it was familiar enough with the game to know about the smaller dots and larger dot. I wouldn't have know that, but then again, I know next to nothing about Pacman.

I am not a gamer. Me playing Mario Cart is "entertainment" for my kids. My daughter says.... "wow Mom you're good", and I know instantly she's lying.

I can still tell you all about pac-man.

LA

cityslick, when I read all the posts concerning the grafitti, I had yet to see the pic link posted by Cajngrl02 -
142 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

After viewing it and considering the location, events of late, as well as various parallels significant to this investigation. Imo, it would be less than prudent to simply ignore this as a coincidence or childs play. It shouldn't be very difficult for investigators to identify the artist and rule it in or out; Game Over..

The area there and around ULL has a lot of graffiti - on coulee walls, electrical boxes, etc. But it kind of all looks the same to me(curves and words or names I can't quite make out). I haven't seen anything like the pacman thing anywhere in Laf. It seems to me that considering the location, someone may have been taunting BW; they might think there's more to his story.??

k guys, I apologize, this is the first time I have posted without reading back at least a little first. After hearing about BW's (in Alabama) uncles yesterday I have almost had my fill. I know this is not everyones POV but it almost seems the only thing to do is pray with our whole hearts for peace & protection & REALLY rely totally on the lord for it all, including final justice. Seems the more determined, angry, frustrated we all get the more we hear of terrible things going on, & the stories always seem to get more & more horrid & disgusting!
Please forgive the rant, worked last night, didnt sleep the night/day before so my "people don't care, don't clog the thread" judgement is disabled right now.
***BTW, pretty sure the pac man has been there for a very long time...arent there any camera logs that could see the wall that could be back checked to see when it appeared? Yes, I am serious;)

What is it about the uncles in Alabama? Thanks

This is my first post but I've been reading about Mickey since I first saw her missing on Huffpost. She so reminded me of one of my best friends with her gorgeous blonde curls and open, friendly smile. Like you all, every day I am praying and hoping Mickey will be returned home to her loved ones. I haven't had anything to post until now but the Pacman graffiti picture caught my eye tonight. To me the picture practically looks like it's been DRAWN with a giant felt tip pen, not spray painted. The lines look too clean. What could this mean about the 'artist'? I am in awe of the support this forum is providing - keep up the great work Everyone!

:welcome:

for the sake of argument, i will answer your "opinions" with mine...

biker stopped for a second in the street in the first brightly lit area to do something on phone/ipod etc... (vid capture 1)

truck approaches slowly to make a wide left into circle k (possibly coming from a bar wanting to grab more beer before 2am... minutes away) there is a vehicle approaching path of truck in vid capture 1 per lighting on back of utility box on corner... suggesting a reason to make a wide turn into circle k...

driver does not see stopped bike because he is going to turn left and his attention is directed to turning left with only a few minutes left to buy beer.

driver hits something, stops, backs up to see what he hit (vid capture 2) (think of hitting a bike while pulling out of your driveway... it is unlikely it would break into a thousand pieces of "evidence" but is likely it would sustain some damage.

driver sees he just ran over a person, helps the alive, injured rider into the cab, throws the intact bike in the back with no bad intent "yet". takes 30 seconds

rider quickly loses signs of life or starts coughing up bl**d and driver realizes "he" is fu**ed and panics, drives far out of town, dumps everything, then checks his truck for damage "now evidence" and sees a chunk of plastic from his front bumper broken/missing. NOW worried about "possible evidence at the scene" driver returns home, gets in another vehicle and goes back to do a drive-by. he finds the broken piece of plastic in the street "vid capture 3, debris on the road under rear of other? truck" and grabs it...

that is "a" sequence that fits the captures... now to continue with assumptions...

LE treats this case like every other MP case and then gets a security video depicting a biker being run over and put in a truck...
though LE is "pretty sure", based on what they know, this video is of the MP in question, they cannot use this presumption and poor video quality to make a 100% positive ID so this information is withheld from the public/parents and is sent to the fbi...
fbi gets involved because of video and gives LE the information and the three stills of the vid they may "make public"
it is my understanding that once the fbi is involved "they" call the shots and tell LE what they may release or not release... to anyone.

to answer the question of why would LE wast all that time searching... i don't understand that question... they have always appeared to me to be searching for a body, and they do not know the fate of the rider passed the video...

about people not seeing... rider appears on right side of truck, circle k is on left side of truck, not that i need even that much because people are all wrapped up in what "they" are doing like the guy texting/reading his cellphone, pumping gas...
if the "people would have heard/seen something" theory had any merit there would never be a car broken into/stolen from a driveway right in front of your house and neighbors... because "people would have heard something"

to answer "why is there no video"... we only know what WE have been given and it is absurd to think we have or are entitled to the same evidence "they" have...

my opinion
no inside info

peace

sorry to interrupt your pac-man discussion, continue....

I am not a gamer. Me playing Mario Cart is "entertainment" for my kids. My daughter says.... "wow Mom you're good", and I know instantly she's lying.

I can still tell you all about pac-man.

LA
I'm older than that....although I was very good at Dr. Mario when my oldest son was little. He made me play it every night on fast speed until the end when the aliens took him away in the spaceship. Only then would he fall asleep! :)

FYI:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/20/tech/louisiana-sex-offenders-social-media/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

(CNN) -- A new Louisiana law requires sex offenders and child predators to state their criminal status on their Facebook or other social networking page, with the law's author saying the bill is the first of its kind in the nation.

State Rep Thompson, an attorney and a father of a 13-year-old daughter and 9-year-old son, said he hopes other states will follow Louisiana.

I thought sex offender violate facebook's TOS and aren't allowed to have FB account? I know there are ways around it but seems like if they are required to post their criminal status then they are allowed to have Facebook?

ETA: "You will not use Facebook if you are a convicted sex offender."
Found here: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms
under 4.- Registration and Account Security, Rule #6

The area there and around ULL has a lot of graffiti - on coulee walls, electrical boxes, etc. But it kind of all looks the same to me(curves and words or names I can't quite make out). I haven't seen anything like the pacman thing anywhere in Laf. It seems to me that considering the location, someone may have been taunting BW; they might think there's more to his story.??

This looks different than a regular "tag" because the lines are so clean. It looks like the "artist" used a thick sharpie instead of the usual spray can.

I would think Brettly would have mentioned this....

He could have to LE, they have no reason to share those details, with us and asked him not to? Initially, didn't they think that was the route she took? Past that building, wall, on Parkside and Congress? Is that where people park and just sit and watch?

Check out her thread, basically 3 of her uncles, including the one who killed himself) were being investigated for sodomy, incest & child molestation, LE said this is the tip of the iceberg... one of the uncles was the one heading up the search for Brit:(

What is it about the uncles in Alabama? Thanks

I think that some of the homeless people in the area might have seen something that early a.m. when Mickey disappeared. In fact, I would guess that LE is in the process of trying to locate and interview them. It could be difficult though, since, they might be afraid of retribution from the perps. were they to say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingWithoutAnswers