LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go to Google street view, you'll be able to nail down exactly where in the 200 block of St. Landry the pic was taken at.

I need to nail down the points of view in my own mind. I guess I'm not good at that. I've heard the area of trees in the bottom of the full LE pic called the graveyard. have mercy.

waiting1979, this is intriguing. I thought the oldsmobile had been ruled out by LPD. Why has it taken a month before this was released?
Have you contacted LPD tip line and the squadron of PIs working this case?

I just spoke with one of my sons that rides with Bike Lafayette and is very familiar with the type of
Bike Mickey owned.

He actually laughed out loud at me when I told him that there was a suggestion that the bike may have been completely under the truck. He said there would have been pieces of that bike all over,
tiny pieces, because those trucks are big and heavy and her bike was small and very lightweight.

Yet more confirmation of that which many of us already knew. Thanks. :thumb:

Here is a link to a flyer with a picture of the backpack.

LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29 - Page 14 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I just spoke with one of my sons that rides with Bike Lafayette and is very familiar with the type of
Bike Mickey owned.

He assures me that the bike is very lightweight, a good bike, but he says the rim could be easily damaged.....a hard kick, a trunk lid slamming down on it, as well as being bumped by a car. He said it sounds like (with the info LE released) that if it was a vehicular accident, it would have been a minor accident, and, in his opinion, survivable.

He actually laughed out loud at me when I told him that there was a suggestion that the bike may have been completely under the truck. He said there would have been pieces of that bike all over,
tiny pieces, because those trucks are big and heavy and her bike was small and very lightweight.

Just adding the opinion of another cyclist!
Sure, reflectors, headlight.. sure looks like a bike courier bike, didn't notice how narrow those handlebars were until yesterday. That's a thin light ride, and the truck in question is stilted, sits high on the road, could almost clear the bike if it was right between the wheels.

waiting1979, this is intriguing. I thought the oldsmobile had been ruled out by LPD. Why has it taken a month before this was released?

That's the original photo, released last month.

Taken from the cam at 216 St. Landry.

Sorry if this blows the margins for a minority of people. I'm going to resize it. Have some pressing personal business today and just dropping in.

Note that the cameras listed are only the ones that could have seen Mickey on her assumed route = I am missing a camera on the north side of the LCG building, and one on University, right next to the other one, 50 feet nearer the intersection of University and St. Landry.

MAP_CF-1_Rev1.jpg

Have you contacted LPD tip line and the squadron of PIs working this case?

Please someone tell me what "we" are seeing. :) I honestly do not see anything out of the ordinary. Maybe my eyes are going bad, but I just see a car driving down the street. Help???

Yet more confirmation of that which many of us already knew. Thanks. :thumb:

nobody "knows" anything. we've got 5 super cr_p pictures, and detectives set on recycle.

We especially have not eliminated the possibility that the right wheel of DWTiq crushed the rear wheel of MS bike. I'd agree that this particular snapshot in time is getting stale.

I'd think it would be hard to put a bike in a car fast versus a truck!if you could get a bike in a car at all

cindysue, you could fit a couple of VWs & and a bike in a hooptie trunk, with room for another suitcase or two..

cindysue, you could fit a couple of VWs & and a bike in a hooptie trunk, with room for another suitcase or two..

Yes. As the proud owner of a "hooptie," I call it my Lincoln pickup. You can fit anything in the back and still slam the trunk lid shut. Some say those cars were designed with the Mafia in mind....

Someone earlier was talking about MS's hair possibly being a different color. This is a screen shot of a picture of MS with brown hair. This picture was aired during an interview of BW by Jane Velez Mitchell, in May. I think this is a very important picture of her to have out there on the web, because #1 if she is spotted, I doubt she will be wearing that huge smile that is shown in every picture on the fliers. And I am sure her hair is growing out now, and looking less blonde.
IMO
Link to interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ovuCmPnZbE&feature=youtu.be
prayersforthemissing

http://s1062.photobucket.com/albums/t481/prayersforthemissing/ - link to screen shot of MS with brown hair.

I believe the first thing someone would do is remove nose ring and color hair. It would make her less obvious if she was being moved about.

LA

Yes. As the proud owner of a "hooptie," I call it my Lincoln pickup. You can fit anything in the back and still slam the trunk lid shut. Some say those cars were designed with the Mafia in mind....

'Don't doubt it Chicken Fried, don't doubt it at all'..

The preferred vehicles of robbing crews and gangster wannabees..

or car enthusiasts, of course...

Heck - I've got what my husband calls a "MawMaw car" - 2006 Mercury Montego. MASSIVE trunk. I could easily fit a bike in it, not to mention the back seats fold down so i can put things not only in the trunk but half way in the car as well. We always have joked that it could "fit a few bodies in it". Of course these days with things happening close to home I tend to not joke like that anymore :/

For what it's worth - I do believe that the LE have cleared the "hooptie"? Is there something I've missed about this?

I'm thinking that white-blonde is Charlie and Mickey's natural hair color, like their mother. She probably dyed it darker several times when she was younger. Of course if she's still alive and being held captive someone could have dyed her hair darker--maybe, maybe not. Depends on if they'd risk taking her out in public where people would see her. If they don't plan to do that, when why bother changing her hair color? But I don't think it's as likely that the blonde is "growing out" of her hair.

I think the reddish blonde-brown in the photo shown before is her natural hair color. I believe the Platinum is dyed.

LA

so here are some blow ups of the shot from above the graveyard..
l.jpg

try stepping back from your computer when you look at this one:
l.jpg

I'll include this one also, but I'm expecting criticism.
l.jpg

yeah.. I know... ;(
l.jpg

Um.... no.

This is not the graveyard

Please someone tell me what "we" are seeing. :) I honestly do not see anything out of the ordinary. Maybe my eyes are going bad, but I just see a car driving down the street. Help???
I think the Olds deserves more attention still, but what I am looking at are 2 things above the the Olds, some say 'Mickey hauling @$$'.. and something just to the right. What I don't think we've talked about much is the vehicle headed in the opposite direction at the far right side of LE pic. It seems to have a big split screen nose, like a locomotive form the 40's, and I believe I see round headlights. Dodge has been doing a retro 1940's thing ever since the PT cruiser, and the bulbous nose now appears on their trucks. the round headlights remind me of a Jeep Liberty, but that has a flat nose.. can't have it both ways. I'm just saying let's look at that one too.

There is a registered sex offender in the area, drives a blue 1983 Olds 98, according to the local sex offender website.. I believe I got a link to that here @ WebSleuths. I'm psychologically ready for something new to chew on. Aren't you?

'Don't doubt it Chicken Fried, don't doubt it at all'..

The preferred vehicles of robbing crews and gangster wannabees..

or car enthusiasts, of course...

I do not think the Olds was involved. I was told by a news reporter that the driver was a janitor and he checked out. But theoretically, if the trunk were empty, both Mickey and the bike would have fit.

Heck - I've got what my husband calls a "MawMaw car" - 2006 Mercury Montego. MASSIVE trunk. I could easily fit a bike in it, not to mention the back seats fold down so i can put things not only in the trunk but half way in the car as well. We always have joked that it could "fit a few bodies in it". Of course these days with things happening close to home I tend to not joke like that anymore :/

For what it's worth - I do believe that the LE have cleared the "hooptie"? Is there something I've missed about this?

The trunk on that Olds would put an '06 Montego to shame. That was the last of the full-size Olds. Probably 35-40% more trunk space.

I think the Olds deserves more attention still, but what I am looking at are 2 things above the the Olds, some say 'Mickey hauling @$$'.. and something just to the right. What I don't think we've talked about much is the vehicle headed in the opposite direction at the far right side of LE pic. It seems to have a big split screen nose, like a locomotive form the 40's, and I believe I see round headlights. Dodge has been doing a retro 1940's thing ever since the PT cruiser, and the bulbous nose now appears on their trucks. the round headlights remind me of a Jeep Liberty, but that has a flat nose.. can't have it both ways. I'm just saying let's look at that one too.

There is a registered sex offender in the area, drives a blue 1983 Olds 98, according to the local sex offender website.. I believe I got a link to that here @ WebSleuths. I'm psychologically ready for something new to chew on. Aren't you?

Well... we walk a fine line talking about the Olds driver. I would say that that guy would likely be the driver. I saw that Olds several times around town, and it was the only one like it.

Let's be careful. LE cleared him.

LE/Green River Task Force(WA) cleared Gary Ridgeway, after he passed two polygraphs, early in the investigation. Psychopaths have no conscience & can easily fool polygraphs as well as investigators.

Gary Ridgeway went on to claim the lives of 40 more innocent victims til arrested 11/2001, decades later due to DNA upgrades.

Just for my own satisfaction in checking my vehicle-ID skills, I sure would like to know if it really was a 1977-'84 Olds 98. That how I pegged it. And the one I saw was blue-green.

LE won't release more, to protect the driver, and I understand and respect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston