LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me add, "to my knowledge" for that statement. Also, for the question about if there was possibly video of her further down St. Landry, that's also only "to my knowledge". If I don't physically see something myself, then I have to say it's simply to my knowledge because I'm only going by what I was told by various sources.

A.C.I. Do you think LE has viewed videos from the nights prior to the Saturday that MS wenting missing? If suspect is in the white truck, maybe this person/persons were trolling for a victim on these nights. Would think maybe they can get a better look at who/whom were in the truck.

I mentioned it in a previous thread but don't recall where. But from what multiple people shared with me, it is possible there was video of her further down St. Landry heading towards Coliseum. Possibly video even so far as heading down congress st. LE checked cameras down Johnson st up to Mel's Diner which she was not seen on. And they didn't check many other cameras around there. I personally checked the other cameras around that area (the ones who still had footage) or had the owners do so, and she was not seen on them. So Johnston St doesn't seem to have been her route or if it was she didn't make it there. But based on the fact that LE didn't check too many cameras heading in that direction it's safe to assume they are fairly certain that wasn't her route. On the other hand they checked cameras up and down congress st. So take from that what you will about the possible direction she was traveling. Again, I don't know for certain she was seen on any other camera because I haven't seen it for myself.

Further down Congress St? Wow, that would certainly shake things up around here.

An eyeopener -

http://identifyla.lsu.edu/index.php

The LA Repository for Missing and Unidentified Persons Information Program website provides a way to search Louisiana's database of missing and unidentified people. To get started, you can browse and search, or use the map to see cases by parish.

A.c.I. is there any particular reason that you know of as to why thy are still searching whiskey bay area and not searching other bodies of water or other areas of the basin?

ACI, why, if LE does indeed have video of MS further down the line, wouldn't they release that info to the public? The fact that she was seen further down Congress, at least half a mile from where they've said they'd seen her last, would be huge and public awareness of this fact would have been crucial At that time. I doubt they have video that far down her route. Maybe later on down st Landry like you said. Who knows? Why are they not answering basic questions? Why are they not having any press conferences? What's your opinion?

An eyeopener -

The LA Repository for Missing and Unidentified Persons Information Program website provides a way to search Louisiana's database of missing and unidentified people. To get started, you can browse and search, or use the map to see cases by parish.

Mickey is not listed there, neither are the two recent endangered runaways from Lafayette.

ACI, why, if LE does indeed have video of MS further down the line, wouldn't they release that info to the public? The fact that she was seen further down Congress, at least half a mile from where they've said they'd seen her last, would be huge and public awareness of this fact would have been crucial At that time. I doubt they have video that far down her route. Maybe later on down st Landry like you said. Who knows? Why are they not answering basic questions? Why are they not having any press conferences? What's your opinion?

I have personally seen LE searching areas near Blackham Coliseum and the Cajun Dome on three separate occasions. Once, they even had an area taped off with crime scene tape, and once they had dogs out. These were LE searches, not volunteer searches.

I've always wondered if they had evidence that she had made it that far along her route.

I don't know why they would keep the area she was last seen secret from the public, but it seems as though they may be doing just that.

Mickey is not listed there, neither are the two recent endangered runaways from Lafayette.

I thought that was interesting as well. I wonder what needs to be done to get Mickey in that database.

An eyeopener -

truly an eye opener
How long does someone have to be missing before they're added? I noticed Mickey is not on the list.
Thanks for the link.

Further down Congress St? Wow, that would certainly shake things up around here.

I mentioned it in a previous thread but don't recall where. But from what multiple people shared with me, it is possible there was video of her further down St. Landry heading towards Coliseum. Possibly video even so far as heading down congress st. LE checked cameras down Johnson st up to Mel's Diner which she was not seen on. And they didn't check many other cameras around there. I personally checked the other cameras around that area (the ones who still had footage) or had the owners do so, and she was not seen on them. So Johnston St doesn't seem to have been her route or if it was she didn't make it there. But based on the fact that LE didn't check too many cameras heading in that direction it's safe to assume they are fairly certain that wasn't her route. On the other hand they checked cameras up and down congress st. So take from that what you will about the possible direction she was traveling. Again, I don't know for certain she was seen on any other camera because I haven't seen it for myself.

Perhaps they didn't need to check any further west, because they seen on video enough to conclude she was struck in that area and they started heading back east. Which would explain them posting one photo of a vehicle headed in an east direction..........Just speculating.

Very helpful information. Thank you again.

Kind of on a side note, but as I've said before, I live in BR and am truly surprised at the lack of knowledge of this case here. I mean I have mentioned it to several of my nurse friends and coworkers expecting they'd know a lot about it, and they barely even knew that there was a missing person!

Baton Rouge should know more about this, and unfortunately they don't! This is a "big" city and people may know something through word of mouth about what truly happened that night. I wish I knew how to get the word out here more effectively than the occasional news snippets that they ran when Mickey initially disappeared.

Could be the reason we haven't heard anything else about the white truck :waitasec:.

Makes sense. Nice logic. I don't know though - seems a development like that would merit a press conference as information like that would benefit from the public knowing it.

Kind of on a side note, but as I've said before, I live in BR and am truly surprised at the lack of knowledge of this case here. I mean I have mentioned it to several of my nurse friends and coworkers expecting they'd know a lot about it, and they barely even knew that there was a missing person!

Baton Rouge should know more about this, and unfortunately they don't! This is a "big" city and people may know something through word of mouth about what truly happened that night. I wish I knew how to get the word out here more effectively than the occasional news snippets that they ran when Mickey initially disappeared.

Agreed.

On a bright note, we live about 2 plus hours outside of Lafayette and there are flyers here. My boss and his family just returned from Pensicola, Florida, and there were Mickey flyers there. Keep the faith, keep printing the flyers and getting them out into all the communities.

"I say let's contact them"

Edmund Burke
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. ... Edmund Burke

The FACES Lab
227 Howe-Russell Building
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Telephone: (225) 578-4761
Fax: (225) 578-4794
E-mail: faces@lsu.edu
Web: www.lsu.edu/faceslab

If she were hit here there are lots of logical answers. Research bicycle accidents and hit and runs. Or the people that hit people and drag them. Happens all the time. During my research there was a hit and run in St. Louis where a girl was ran over by a car on a very busy street in front of two bars that had crowded outdoor patio's. She happened to be with friends which was good because no one else saw it. No one could identify the car or the driver. He later turned himself in.

Again, most bicycle accidents do not create much of an accident scene. People are hit and killed with no blood, no debri...just a vehicle a bike and a victim. It is not like two cars that hit each other. I saw a lot of them online. She had a backpack on so she likely did not lose any personal items. Just her and a bike. You can pick up a small person and a bike very quickly.

No one is arguing the the possiblity there was a bump and grab exists. What we're saying is that the pixelated blobs aren't Mickey or the bike.

I went to the Circle K on my way home. I was 99% sure there were reflectors, but didn't want to argue it until I double checked. I took pictures. There are MULTIPLE rows of REFLECTORS on the road, in addition to the reflective paint.

I'm posting two here, the rest of the pictures of the Circle K I took today are in a public folder.

Attachments

• IMG-20120620-00044.jpg
    IMG-20120620-00044.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG-20120620-00041.jpg
    IMG-20120620-00041.jpg
    507.3 KB · Views: 64
Then would that mean: what sign & what writing on what wall?? I too found that flighty poster odd.

Perhaps they were referring to the graffiti written on the bridge.

Interesting! Will have to look back at the photos and pay more attention to the graffiti.

Like many of us, I don't give a lot of credit to posters who come on, throw out major "clues" or supposed facts on their first post, and then disappear. However, I like where this has taken the train of thought. We need to be looking for clues that aren't so obvious.

Graffiti on WB bridge...we know graffiti is there. Most, if not all, is unrelated. But could the perp have left a tag there? Those who have been around websleuths for a while, have you seen instances where an individual themselves has disappeared without a trace, but a marker or tag that can be attributed to a killer was purposely left behind?

I went with the graffiti because so far all we have is that the bike was at WB Bridge. So someone connected with this disappearance (whether it be the disappearance of Mickey or just an unfortunate after-the-fact bike snatcher as some have proposed) was there. Other than the tire marks, there's got to be something else out there. (wishful thinking on my part, I admit)

Like many of us, I don't give a lot of credit to posters who come on, throw out major "clues" or supposed facts on their first post, and then disappear.

I generally roll my eyes at those, but I do go digging just in case. I have to admit some of the fly-by comments have been interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip