LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would somebody who is okay abducting and (possibly) sexually assaulting and murdering somebody really be concerned about breaking the law regarding vandalism?

It just depends on the perp... some like to taunt and drop hints, and that could be the case here.

I agree it's dumb, but then again, they took a pretty huge risk already by abducting Mickey.

I didn't mean he'd be worried about the vandalism charges necessarily... Just that he would no longer be flying under the radar if caught over something so... Petty. IMO.

A profile on this person would be nice, even if there's not much to go on (once again, that we know of).

This means something. Maybe related to Mickey's case, maybe not. Either way, it means something.

Pacman eats the big blue dot, which means he can eat the ghosts, which means game over for the ghost. The big dot is significant, as is the female ghost. Without pacman eating the big dot, this picture means something completely different.

Does anybody agree or disagree?

Hate to be a stickler, but to me it means something completely different. In the game, the ghost is moving toward PAC-man, while PAC-man is moving toward the ghost. PAC-man will have to go through the three smaller dots before he gets to the bigger dot, making himself invincible to the ghosts. But, by the time that has happened, the ghost will be on PAC-man, thus "game over" for PAC-man. The ghost is not solid colored (not blue), meaning it is still in bad ghost form -if it gets PAC-man, he dies. The ghost is closer to the big dot than PAC-man is... I have played this game many, many times. I firmly believe the graffiti means game over for PAC-man. The bow on the ghost is wrong, though. Only Ms. PAC-man wore bows. There are different color ghosts, though, including a pink one.

Eta: my annoyingly well-versed gamer hubby (a game developer for a video game company) seconds this, fwiw...

Hate to be a stickler, but to me it means something completely different. In the game, the ghost is moving toward PAC-man, while PAC-man is moving toward the ghost. PAC-man will have to go through the three smaller dots before he gets to the bigger dot, making himself invincible to the ghosts. But, by the time that has happened, the ghost will be on PAC-man, thus "game over" for PAC-man. The ghost is not solid colored (not blue), meaning it is still in bad ghost form -if it gets PAC-man, he dies. The ghost is closer to the big dot than PAC-man is... I have played this game many, many times. I firmly believe the graffiti means game over for PAC-man. The bow on the ghost is wrong, though. Only Ms. PAC-man wore bows. There are different color ghosts, though, including a pink one.

Eta: my annoyingly well-versed gamer hubby (a game developer for a video game company) seconds this, fwiw...

I see what you're saying, and I agree that technically it would mean game over for pac man since the ghost would be moving toward pac man before pac man could eat the big dot. The person who painted this could have made that point much clearer by not including the big dot at all...

So that makes me think the person who painted this meant for it to be game over for the ghost. I don't think the 'tagger' really meant to portray an accurate game. I'm not sure they even thought about the ghost moving toward pac man, because if they created a female ghost (which is nonexistent in the game), they aren't a true enthusiast in the first place.

This story caught my eye...

http://www.katc.com/news/big-3-stories-wednesday-september-23-2009/

"kids riding their bikes"
"multiple people in vehicle..."

I also wanted to note that while the location of Mickey's bike could indicate a local, I am wondering why on earth would someone stick around after doing something like this? This is such a small town you'd think someone would notice something strange....even the person(s) who did this. IMO, the behavior, social skills (very poor or very above average) of someone who is capable of this sort of thing would surely be odd to someone in some way, right? Especially if local....

I also have a question about areas being searched...do we know which waterways, wooded areas, etc have been searched? I know there are TONS around the area. I am just confused as to why they decided to search WB again today and not somewhere new? Seems like a waste of resources unless they know/think they know something.

Also, has EVERYONE Mickey may have come into contact with in her Horse training job been questioned? Not neccisarily people she worked with, but people perhaps that she encountered at horse related shops, shows, etc.?

My final question is...does anyone think that the front end of the truck might have one of those gadgets that pulls things on it? What about the mark on the side of the truck?

I apoligize if some of these questions have been answered, but these threads are soooo long I havent been able to read all of them.

Lemme make sure I understand this... (I played pac-man ohhhh about 30 years AGO! lol)

The bow ghost is closer to the blue dot.
(Can the ghost eat the blue dot? or only Pac-Man?)
Technically speaking...

The "artist" is saying the bow ghost is going to eat Pac-Man so Game Over!
MY :twocents: the ghost will prevail?

Cause I was thinking the exact opposite! PM eats the dot, the ghost turns blue and HE eats HER! :banghead:~ sick I know!

Could Pac-man be in reference to BW due to the location of the graffit and the fact that he was preparing to "pack up" and move with Mickey?
or was that story bunk?

eta#2 my son thought it was in reference to ecstasy (the drug) or a dead girl... because when the girl ghost hits the dot she turns blue??? As in not breathing...
Her really just confused me! He was headed to bed! he has to be up in 4 hours for work!

I see what you're saying, and I agree that technically it would mean game over for pac man since the ghost would be moving toward pac man before pac man could eat the big dot. The person who painted this could have made that point much clearer by not including the big dot at all...

So that makes me think the person who painted this meant for it to be game over for the ghost. I don't think the 'tagger' really meant to portray an accurate game. I'm not sure they even thought about the ghost moving toward pac man, because if they created a female ghost (which is nonexistent in the game), they aren't a true enthusiast in the first place.

It's entirely possible that the person had very little knowledge of the game, and so wouldn't be aware of the basic gameplay. But, then why use it as a means of sending a cryptic message? Seriously, not trying to argue the finer points of the great art of PAC-man! I totally get what you are saying. It is possible that this has a darker meaning, even if it just a message to an ex-girlfriend who played too many video games and didn't pay enough attention to her lover. But, still, to me, it seems like one of those silly inside joke things (like memes) that college age kids love. If you have ever played that dang game, you know how frustrating it is when you are thisclose to getting that blasted big dot but are trapped by the oncoming ghost. Those three dots, followed by the big one, are like the inside joke. Any one familiar with the game would see a screen shot of a game of PAC-man paused right at that moment and know that PAC-man is going down. And, there is no save feature on arcade games... So you're donzo!

But, again not trying to be argumentative, just my opinion... And I do have to say, I would love to be wrong bc it's a clue and we NEED those!

The pacman mouth is turned slightly upward. Does that denote it is dead? It has been a long time.

Lemme make sure I understand this... (I played pac-man ohhhh about 30 years AGO! lol)

The bow ghost is closer to the blue dot.
(Can the ghost eat the blue dot? or only Pac-Man?)
Technically speaking...

The "artist" is saying the bow ghost is going to eat Pac-Man so Game Over!
MY :twocents: the ghost will prevail?

Cause I was thinking the exact opposite! PM eats the dot, the ghost turns blue and HE eats HER! :banghead:~ sick I know!

Could Pac-mam be in reference to BW due to the location of the graffit and the fact that he was preparing to "pack up" and move with Mickey?
or was that story bunk?

The way I am seeing it, no PAC-man will not reach the big dot in time to save himself. That's the joke. The ghost will pass over the blue dot and eat PAC-man and then he will do that funny turn-inside out shrivel die thing and you will get the sad music.

The way I am seeing it, no PAC-man will not reach the big dot in time to save himself. That's the joke. The ghost will pass over the blue dot and eat PAC-man and then he will do that funny turn-inside out shrivel die thing and you will get the sad music.

The different sized dots does denote some familiarity with the game.

The pacman mouth is turned slightly upward. Does that denote it is dead? It has been a long time.

No, that, as far as I know, has nothing to do with the game, but it's funny, I am left handed and my pictures/writing always slants upward...

It's entirely possible that the person had very little knowledge of the game, and so wouldn't be aware of the basic gameplay. But, then why use it as a means of sending a cryptic message? Seriously, not trying to argue the finer points of the great art of PAC-man! I totally get what you are saying. It is possible that this has a darker meaning, even if it just a message to an ex-girlfriend who played too many video games and didn't pay enough attention to her lover. But, still, to me, it seems like one of those silly inside joke things (like memes) that college age kids love. If you have ever played that dang game, you know how frustrating it is when you are thisclose to getting that blasted big dot but are trapped by the oncoming ghost. Those three dots, followed by the big one, are like the inside joke. Any one familiar with the game would see a screen shot of a game of PAC-man paused right at that moment and know that PAC-man is going down. And, there is no save feature on arcade games... So you're donzo!

But, again not trying to be argumentative, just my opinion... And I do have to say, I would love to be wrong bc it's a clue and we NEED those!

I don't think you're being argumentative at all! I hope you don't think I am either! I'm really glad you're sharing your opinion, especially since I haven't played pacman in 20 some years.

Your scenario makes a lot of sense, but the only glitch is the ghost. If this was an enthusiast, they would know the ghosts don't have bows.

I just don't know what to think! I really want to believe this is something innocent, but I can't help but feel creeped out by it.

It's bedtime... I have two hopes for tomorrow 1) MICKEY COMES HOME and 2) the pacman photo is dissected and dismissed as unrelated.

G'night!

I don't think you're being argumentative at all! I hope you don't think I am either! I'm really glad you're sharing your opinion, especially since I haven't played pacman in 20 some years.

Your scenario makes a lot of sense, but the only glitch is the ghost. If this was an enthusiast, they would know the ghosts don't have bows.

I just don't know what to think! I really want to believe this is something innocent, but I can't help but feel creeped out by it.

I agree with you. The creepy part is that it appears the artist (with only black paint) does know the particulars of pac-man, (most of us do, right?) BUT, is making a point of making a big dot.. E?...and eating a white, girl, ghost...and ending the "game". I don't see it as a meme. I read it very eerie, as " I win ".

Fun little tidbit from a blogger who noticed PAC-man graffiti while on a trip to Melbourne:

http://bigglesontheroad.blogspot.com/2012/04/solving-pac-man-graffiti-puzzle.html

And apparently this almost exact picture is common, as away far as Libya:

http://libyanstreetart.blogspot.com/2011/10/pac-man-game-over.html

And, I am a bit older now, so not down with the cool kids anymore, but I have noticed the "keep calm" Mickey posters are a take on a common Internet joke. Here's one for PAC-man:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/6265347...e+art&ga_includes[]=tags&ga_view_type=gallery

Sorry, I got a little excited with my google search...

Pac-Man eats the white ghost.
Here in example IF YOU CAN STAND IT!!! (turn your volume down!!!)
Pac-Man Ghost Movement Bug - YouTube

So... white ghost with bow added to make sure someone knows the ghost was a girl... this really freaks me out. I was just getting on here before bed, now I don't think I can sleep.

On another note, I don't think the handwriting is necessarily a girl's writing. It is more difficult for most people to write at that angle and with spray paint.

And, Pac-Man is supposed to be yellow, but maybe this black Pac-Man is supposed to be in a disguise. Like the ghost wouldn't see the dark Pac-Man coming? The shape is right, the ghost being white is right, but the color of Pac-Man and the bow are off. So, is this individual clueless or are there reasons for these changes? I'm freaked out because I think the changes were intentional.

This has probably already been covered, but what was the name of that poster a week or so ago that came on here and said stuff like "the writing is on the wall"? I thought the comments were cryptic and creepy but held no real clues, but what if it was more than that? I don't see me sleeping tonight...

The poster who made the "writing on the wall" statement, also said the perp was an LSU student.

Interesting. That narrows it down to around 35,000 people. Maybe someone could find out how many vehicles registered to park on that campus fit the VOI. I'm thinking quite a few, but I would be worth checking.

I, having a hard time believing that the Pac Man is connected in anyway, and even if it is, I feel its only connection is through this forum. Its a fact that there are creeps out there that love to troll and create hysteria. I remember the posts by the random posters saying the "writting is on the wall" and such, it could be just another way of that troll trying to validate his post. Things like this happen alot, it seems that there are just some disturbed people out there that get off on this stuff. One case in particular that comes to mind is Maura Murray from NH, on the 8th anniversary some disturbed person posted a youtube video of himself just staring into the camera and laughing, laughing for over a minute, he stops, winks at the camera, then a graphic comes across the screen that says "Happy Anniversary" he also posted other items that had hints to her disappearence, and it was dismissed for the most part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megamookie