LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that truck was in the left hand turn lane (left from St. Landry on to University) and while waiting for the light to turn green saw her coming towards him. He makes the left turn onto University and then turns left again into the LUS parking lot gets back on St. Landry and begins to follow her to a more remote area. Probably why the truck is caught on camera twice in that location.

I agree with your thinking. I was also thinking he could have made a left on university and taken a right onto Versailles and right onto st John, crossing university to st Landry right behind her. Also if he took a L on university and sharp right right after the insurance company on west convent st, it cuts to st John.

I don't know if the pics are in order by timing. I was thinking possibly this is the best shot of the truck.... But now they are saying this isn't the exact truck.

I'm praying!

By the way, we aren't supposed to copy and paste from social networks, so I'm setting a bad example above with Charlene's Facebook thing. Sometimes it is allowable "in the heat of battle," I guess, lol. It seems important to relay that info directly, even if it is, to me at least, questionable.

all this talk about the truck is making me remember a post in an earlier thread ..

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7965876&postcount=521"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #2[/ame]

kinda creepp!!!
Good day or night everyone
My wife and i were riding in lafayette today running errands and seen somthing kinda of strange we seen a ford f150 with tamaulipas, mexico plates. yes i no it means mere nothing but. I ride theses streets everyday and have never seen a plate like this and then when i googled the place wat i saw was disturbing look at the pics and the web search

^I wonder if the truck this person mentioned was white..

I just googled a picture of a white ford f150 and it looks similar to the truck in the photos (even though I know we're not supposed to be focusing on that EXACT truck per Charlie's FB post)

5898_cc0640_001_YZ.jpg

Does anyone know where the picture of her riding by the gas station and the white truck came from? Did the police release it? I got the alert from katc on my phone about 30 minutes ago that the photo was on katc FB . And what's this on a green van?
I am speculating that it came from the Lafayette Utility System office building surveillance camera because of the angle she's caught at.

MS left Ryan street earlier than 2am, as she is on camera on her bike at 1:47.

Ya I know. I had posted that right before I saw the new evidence update. My post has been edited to show the latest information. It's good to have additional specific information so LE can go from there. Also it relieves peeps from wondering about if BW's account is true or not of when he last saw MS.

Not every case ends up being where the last person the victim was seen with is the guilty party. It's understandable why the person needs to be checked out but it's not always advantageous to get stuck focusing solely on that person toward solving the crime.

RE: the pickup, it's either a Ford F-150, like secrett posted above, or a Chevy. Ford F-250s and F-350s have vertical door handles.

ETA: So the truck on the video is NOT the "truck of interest", just an example of what to look for?

Hey this is weird but on google b/c of the footage they just found... i typed in white four door chevy truck to see if it matched up and looked alike.. and it comes up for the missing girl lauren spierer who also was a university student they have it on surveilance from indiana it looks exactly the same its creepy... i know indianas far but what if he left the state and came her to scope college students out it is a tourist site and lots of people ride there bikes or walk every where

Hey this is weird but on google b/c of the footage they just found... i typed in white four door chevy truck to see if it matched up and looked alike.. and it comes up for the missing girl lauren spierer who also was a university they have it on surveilance from indiana it looks exactly the same its creepy... i know indianas far but what if he left the state and came her to scope college students out it is a tourist site and lots of people ride there bikes or walk every where

That picture of the truck in Lauren's case was found to have nothing to do with her disappearance.

Hey this is weird but on google b/c of the footage they just found... i typed in white four door chevy truck to see if it matched up and looked alike.. and it comes up for the missing girl lauren spierer who also was a university student they have it on surveilance from indiana it looks exactly the same its creepy... i know indianas far but what if he left the state and came her to scope college students out it is a tourist site and lots of people ride there bikes or walk every where

Was the truck you saw white? If so, call the tip line.

You're here! So... Was the strange truck you noticed earlier with the mexico plates a white truck?

I haven't caught up yet, but I did just drive the route that it looks like she took up to behind Blackham Coliseum (that road going to the right is closed now due to the fair). It is City Hall that it looks like this video came from. Befuddles me how that wasn't reviewed earlier!

Going in the direction she is going in this video is kind of dark and on the left a couple of blocks after this intersection is the abandoned hospital and also offices and residential are and then the road leads right to a field on either side and right to the Blackham Coliseum barns.

Going to catch up on the rest of the thread now, I see that might not be the exact truck :confused:

Going catch up now.

This is a long shot, but there's a birthing center on St. Mary just off of St. Landry. I wonder if they had any deliveries on the 19th---if anyone was there and maybe saw/heard something? I know not all people who deliver there are from Lafayette...just trying to think about St. Landry and who could have possibly been out and around at that time of morning. It's not nearly as residential as it would have been if she had gone down Souvenir Gate instead, therefore less of an opportunity to have witnesses. :(

They may just want to question the driver of the truck to find out what they saw. BUT since the truck is going in the opposite direction that really wouldn't make sense. They aren't looking for the vehicles in the gas station to question them. Something is up with this truck. I suspect as others have suggested, that they have video of this truck on a couple of the same streets as her or they have him on video turned around and going towards her after passing her.
I'm starting to wonder if they have her on camera passing by, see the truck very shortly thereafter pull into the left-hand turn lane (left turn onto University) BUT ... then see the truck back-up (into LUS parking lot) rather than going thru the light making the left turn and see it going the direction she was headed.

What baffles me about the truck and CS saying that they are not specifically looking for the truck in the picture is, why not? The truck may not have anything to do with MS's disappearance, but as of now they should go off of facts. And, in this case, the fact is that that truck appeared near the same time Mickey rode by. IMO, they SHOULD be seeking out this exact truck. The driver HAD to have seen her or noticed something. The window of time is just too small for there to be no correllation. Even if the driver didn't see anything, I would want to speak with him/her to rule that out.

I think CS made a mistake by saying they aren't looking for this specific/exact truck. This is, of course, all my opinion.

I haven't caught up yet, but I did just drive the route that it looks like she took up to behind Blackham Coliseum (that road going to the right is closed now due to the fair). It is City Hall that it looks like this video came from. Befuddles me how that wasn't reviewed earlier!

Going in the direction she is going in this video is kind of dark and on the left a couple of blocks after this intersection is the abandoned hospital and also offices and residential are and then the road leads right to a field on either side and right to the Blackham Coliseum barns.

Going to catch up on the rest of the thread now, I see that might not be the exact truck :confused:

Going catch up now.
Curious ... how was the lighting out there on St. Landry by Blackham and down Coliseum Rd (even though the road was closed)?

all this talk about the truck is making me remember a post in an earlier thread ..

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #2

kinda creepp!!!
Good day or night everyone
My wife and i were riding in lafayette today running errands and seen somthing kinda of strange we seen a ford f150 with tamaulipas, mexico plates. yes i no it means mere nothing but. I ride theses streets everyday and have never seen a plate like this and then when i googled the place wat i saw was disturbing look at the pics and the web search

^I wonder if the truck this person mentioned was white..

I just googled a picture of a white ford f150 and it looks similar to the truck in the photos (even though I know we're not supposed to be focusing on that EXACT truck per Charlie's FB post)

5898_cc0640_001_YZ.jpg

Sure does - looks like the truck LE has released, model wise anyway.
IMO LE is looking for the truck in the video the one similar to the picture you've posted - or else they would have said 'we're looking for peeps who drive a truck that looks like (picture above). They want to know about the specific truck in the video imo. And it helps to know the make and model of what truck their looking for as a starting place.

That way, the next time anyone is sitting somewhere and sees a truck like that they can jot down the license number and call the tip line and LE can check it out and take it from there.

Sure does - looks like the truck LE has released, model wise anyway.
IMO LE is looking for the truck in the video the one similar to the picture you've posted - or else they would have said 'we're looking for peeps who drive a truck that looks like (picture above). They want to know about the specific truck in the video imo. And it helps to know the make and model of what truck their looking for as a starting place.

I think it looks more like a Chevrolet or gmc basic / work model... Anyone else?!??!

Window shape of ford model shown doesn't look similar to the one on camera. I def think its chev or gm

These photos of Mickey make me feel so strange....very uncomfortable and nervous.

And then we have this report releasing surveillance and showing us an exact truck....and then we are told not to focus on that exact truck. Now that's the kind of stuff that makes you want to scream. Is that the truck or not?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3