LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlene Shunick:

ATTENTION EVERYONE! THAT IS NOT THE EXACT TRUCK WE ARE LOOKING FOR! IT IS A TRUCK OF SIMILAR MAKE AND MODEL. PLEASE DO NOT FIXATE ON THAT EXACT TRUCK!!!! we are looking for a 4-door white pickup truck with similar features! if anyone in the area has one similar and wants to step up so we can start ruling people out please contact the hotline and the lafayette police department! REPOST THIS!
??? Well, this appears to be a merry mix-up.

What's the link here?

Charlene Shunick:

ATTENTION EVERYONE! THAT IS NOT THE EXACT TRUCK WE ARE LOOKING FOR! IT IS A TRUCK OF SIMILAR MAKE AND MODEL. PLEASE DO NOT FIXATE ON THAT EXACT TRUCK!!!! we are looking for a 4-door white pickup truck with similar features! if anyone in the area has one similar and wants to step up so we can start ruling people out please contact the hotline and the lafayette police department! REPOST THIS!
Oh for cripes' sake (just venting)...nothing like irresponsible MSM reporting (if that's what it is)...

By now, someone has probably dragged that exact truck's driver out onto the pavement and beaten them to a pulp! ;)

Do you have a link to that post? TIA....

Thanx!

:banghead: And then goes on to say the infamous ambiguous statement, as well.

this is wat the cheif said "The bicyclist is captured on Versailles Blvd traveling toward St. John Street. She then traveled on St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video at approximately 1:48 pm. Investigators are seeking information regarding a white newer model four door pickup truck, which was captured on video after Mickey Shunick traveled on both streets."

It may just be me seeing things; however, in the photo of the truck his windows don't appear to be darkly tinted because I can see the outline of something in the vehicle. It appears to me that it may be one of the front seats. Either way, maybe somewhere along the way they can get video of the truck somewhere else that may be able to see into the truck somewhat. I don't think the tailgate is down because you can see the bumper and what looks like maybe the license plate, but either the light is just reflecting the tailgate funnily or there is no tailgait... (or so it appears to me)

At least this is confirmation that BW is indeed innocent.

ETA: I guess my examination, for the lack of a better word, of the this truck is irrelevant since this is not the truck they are looking for.

No he is in the left turning lane. Middle lane goes straight across university to st john and far right lane goes right only. The lane all the way tithe left is the only oncoming lane until further down.

I have a feeling that truck was in the left hand turn lane (left from St. Landry on to University) and while waiting for the light to turn green saw her coming towards him. He makes the left turn onto University and then turns left again into the LUS parking lot gets back on St. Landry and begins to follow her to a more remote area. Probably why the truck is caught on camera twice in that location.

I'm wondering why they would show a similar truck (captured soon after Mickey was shown), but it wouldn't be the exact truck? :waitasec:

Charlene Shunick:

That comment makes no sense at all. If it isn't THIS truck why show a picture of it in the same exact video surveillance as they are showing Mickey in?

ok, so whoever this person(s) are in the white truck, LE believes at some point the driver spotted her riding her bike as the truck was passing her and turned around and started following her?

I'm confused.

No, I think [speculation] that they have her on camera riding by, and when she SHOULD be showing up on the next camera, she doesn't. So they search for what happened to her, and they see this big pick up with the back folded down, and going in the other direction, so they wonder if this might be the truck that nabbed her.

Thanx!

:banghead: And then goes on to say the infamous ambiguous statement, as well.

Yeah I think that story is just inferring too much, like we've been discussing, from the same police statement everyone got. At this point I still wouldn't put any stock in the truck being seen multiple times.

Yes, we were beginning to slide down the slippery slope a page ago or so, and we had been asked not to sleuth Brettly or anyone who has not been named by LE as a person of interest or a suspect. So no more on BW, unless some huge reversal happens.

Not sure what slippery slope we were sliding down but how can we sleuth if we can't discuss various possibilities? It doesn't mean we're accusing that or those person/s or drawing any solid conclusions - at least that's not the way I'm thinking when I bring an observation up.

The video of Mickey is one additional piece of information and, I believe, it provides the proof that Mickey had indeed left BW's house as he claims she did. Good. iirc BW had even stated about 1:45AM and somehow it turned into 2:00AM. When you're out with a friend all night, maybe had a few drinks - you may not remember the EXACT time a friend left your house. We, as sleuthers want to hear an EXACT time and if it varies a little bit we tend to say stuff like 'see, the story has changed'.

The video of MS provides the next slice of evidence and pinpoints MS being in a specific place at a specific point in time but it doesn't solve the case. LE may want to speak to the owner of the truck regarding if they remember seeing MS as well as digging to see if the truck and it's driver are involved in MS's disappearance. They may have crossed paths but that still doesn't outrule that something happened to MS further down the road. Let's not put the cart before the horse. :twocents:

OMG----this is just like the nighttime video taken in the alley outside Isabel's house--the WRONG night.

in case of confusion, there were several 4 door white trucks in the area of these videos. THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT TO LOOK FOR!!! we need to get the word out and have anyone in the surrounding areas step up so we can rule them out! thanks guys. this is very exciting guys! again we love each and every one of you!

http://www.facebook.com/charlene.shunick

WE DO NOT KNOW IF THESE PEOPLE ARE RESPONSIBLE! we're just hoping they saw or know something about what happened!

They may just want to question the driver of the truck to find out what they saw. BUT since the truck is going in the opposite direction that really wouldn't make sense. They aren't looking for the vehicles in the gas station to question them. Something is up with this truck. I suspect as others have suggested, that they have video of this truck on a couple of the same streets as her or they have him on video turned around and going towards her after passing her.

Not sure what slippery slope we were sliding down but how can we sleuth if we can't discuss various possibilities? It doesn't mean we're accusing that or those person/s or drawing any solid conclusions - at least that's not the way I'm thinking when I bring an observation up.
Just reminding of a mod request on an earlier thread. "Don't kill the messenger," etc. etc.

A few posts were beginning to focus on aspects of the case about which we can only, at a distance, barely speculate, and aspersions were about to be cast upon a person about whom, at the presser today, Cpl. Mouton said, "Brettly has been very cooperative....has come in and done lengthy interviews with us....we've been able to find the facts that the basis of his story is true."

Does anyone know where the picture of her riding by the gas station and the white truck came from? Did the police release it? I got the alert from katc on my phone about 30 minutes ago that the photo was on katc FB . And what's this on a green van?

I still don't know what to believe about this white truck. "...several 4 door white trucks in the area of these videos" at 2 a.m.? Does that sound right? I suppose maybe, with bars closing.

Does anyone know where the picture of her riding by the gas station and the white truck came from? Did the police release it? I got the alert from katc on my phone about 30 minutes ago that the photo was on katc FB . And what's this on a green van?
Someone said it's across from the Circle K (where people are gassing up), and the camera is on the (city?) utility company building. Yes, LE released it.

The green van was discussed recently here at WS...you can try "search this thread" for "green"...

Hello katybelle and welcome to WS.

http://goo.gl/maps/XAX8
Her apparent route from Ryan St. to St. Landry.

Just seems so out of her way ... sigh.

I'm far from Lafayette but if you google for bike directions from Ryan St. to her home it suggests that route. I take some circuitous routes in my city to avoid certain roads/areas that aren't conducive to cycling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nirvanita55