LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this truck is responsible for Mickey's disappearance - there must be more than one person on board to make her vanish without a trace.

Surely one person couldn't grab her and her bike and then restrain her while driving....could they?

It's a question of how it's worded. Does it mean the truck was seen only after she passed both streets/cameras or does it mean the truck was seen after her on each street/camera? You'd think if was each street that they would release the other pic of the truck so someone could identify it...so I think they mean they only saw the truck after Mickey had been seen the last time.

You're right, the wording is a bit ambiguous. Hopefully the 10:00 news will be more clear and with more pics.

I think they MIGHT have had video evidence of the truck seen earlier going in the same direction as Mickey, and now they see it doubling back. Just guessing.

Possibly this is the clearest shot of the truck and that's why it was released??

If it was just a truck seen passing her, one time, then I don't think they would have singled it out. There were dozens and dozens of cars passing by her that night. But something about this truck made them want to find the driver.

"Investigators are seeking information regarding a white newer model four door pickup truck, which was captured on video after Mickey Shunick traveled on both streets," (source katc.com)

This says that the truck was seen twice--on both streets she travelled on.
Not to be difficult, but my interpretation of that wording is that the truck was seen once, after she travelled on both streets.

It's perfectly understandable that there would be various interpretations of an ambiguous statement. :) :hug:

If it was just a truck seen passing her, one time, then I don't think they would have singled it out. There were dozens and dozens of cars passing by her that night. But something about this truck made them want to find the driver.

This was what I was thinking, and why I interpreted it to be that the truck was spotted on both St. John and St. Landry

If this truck is responsible for Mickey's disappearance - there must be more than one person on board to make her vanish without a trace.

Surely one person couldn't grab her and her bike and then restrain her while driving....could they?
Unless she was hit or otherwise subdued or disabled, or she was afraid of a weapon...JMO...

After looking at the location on google street view with the picture of the truck and Mickey on side of it, I see that the truck is in the left turn only lane. If he took a left there, which I'm assuming he did because he is in the turning lane, he would be turning onto University which runs all the way down into I-10....

Like others (here and on FB MSM's), it looks to me like there's no tailgate (or it is down).

I was thinking that if cameras after the 2nd photo of Mickey (w/ the 25mph sign) did not show her, then they may have reason to suspect that the truck's driver saw where she went, or what happened to her.

I'm really wanting to know what other cameras spotted this truck, where and when.

There's the possibility that there is another camera along St Landry where they would have expected to see her get to but didn't, so that would indicate whatever happened to her happened between the camera where they saw her and the one they didn't. But that's pure speculation by me.

Something's got to be happening somewhere with a missing person. There are almost 700 people viewing the 'missing' forum.??

Seeing the pictures just makes me more hungry for this case to progress by leaps and bounds. Hope it works that way.

ok, so whoever this person(s) are in the white truck, LE believes at some point the driver spotted her riding her bike as the truck was passing her and turned around and started following her?

I'm confused.

49 members and 99 guests on this thread right now, and guests, please join - have your say.

Derrick Todd Lee managed to do it alone, but I don't think any of his victims had a bicycle (could be the last one, not sure).

Something's got to be happening somewhere with a missing person. There are almost 700 people viewing the 'missing' forum.??
Well, there's 150 here and 100 on Isabel Celis' thread (document dump just recently)...and it's Friday nite, the sleuths are afoot... ;)

Charlene Shunick:

ATTENTION EVERYONE! THAT IS NOT THE EXACT TRUCK WE ARE LOOKING FOR! IT IS A TRUCK OF SIMILAR MAKE AND MODEL. PLEASE DO NOT FIXATE ON THAT EXACT TRUCK!!!! we are looking for a 4-door white pickup truck with similar features! if anyone in the area has one similar and wants to step up so we can start ruling people out please contact the hotline and the lafayette police department! REPOST THIS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth