LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the white truck was in the left-hand turn lane to turn from St. Landry to University.

Thanks, but from what I could tell, Mickey was traveling in the opposite direction?? If so, how could the truck be following her?

ETa: somebody please splain it to me before I go buy chocolate ice cream and fudge sauce!

According to my SIL, KATC is going to have more info and possibly more pictures at 10pm tonight.

The HOT107.9 site makes more sense than the way KATC presented the photos, and has the additional photo. But yeah, what time was the white truck captured? :angel:

It said after Mickey was seen on both streets, but how long after would be helpful to know.

Thanks, but from what I could tell, Mickey was traveling in the opposite direction?? If so, how could the truck be following her?

The news article said that the truck was also seen on camera behind her before getting to this location, this was the second time he was seen after she was, so he had to have turned around at some point after following her onto this street--either made a u-turn in a parking lot or grabbed her and turned around to get out of town (he's headed in the direction of I-10)

The news article said that the truck was also seen on camera behind her before getting to this location, this was the second time he was seen after she was, so he had to have turned around at some point after following her onto this street--either made a u-turn in a parking lot or grabbed her and turned around to get out of town (he's headed in the direction of I-10)

K, so at some point he passed her then turned around and followed?

Would the truck be headed I-10 East or West at that location or could it be either?

Here's a few Google Map screenshot grabs to give you an idea where she was likely headed which was down St. Landry to Coliseum and you can see how remote it gets.

Attachments

• Mickey St. Landry at Dean St..jpg
    Mickey St. Landry at Dean St..jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Mickey St. Landry at Coliseum..jpg
    Mickey St. Landry at Coliseum..jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Mickey on Coliseum..jpg
    Mickey on Coliseum..jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Mickey St. Landry at Coliseum1..jpg
    Mickey St. Landry at Coliseum1..jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Mickey St. Landry at Coliseum2..jpg
    Mickey St. Landry at Coliseum2..jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 45
Which news article? TIA...

HOT107.9 just says the truck was seen after Mickey was seen on both streets. I didn't infer that the truck was seen twice.

K, so at some point he passed her then turned around and followed?

Would the truck be headed I-10 East or West at that location or could it be either?

No idea if it would be east or west, both are in that direction.

Which news article says the truck was seen before she was there? The ones I've seen have said the truck was caught on video after she passed.

Which news article? TIA...

HOT107.9 just says the truck was seen after Mickey was seen on both streets. I didn't infer that the truck was seen twice.

At approximately 1:47 am the bicyclist is captured on Versailles Blvd traveling towards St. John Street," according to Lafayette Police Dept. Cpl. Paul Mouton. Mickey then traveled on St. John Street, crossed University Ave. then continued on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video around 1:48 a.m. "Investigators are seeking information regarding a white newer model four door pickup truck, which was captured on video after Mickey Shunick traveled on both streets," said Mouton

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

Here's a few Google Map screenshot grabs to give you an idea where she was likely headed which was down St. Landry to Coliseum and you can see how remote it gets.

:tears: :tears: :tears:

One more screenshot heading down Coliseum.

I'm creeped out. That house right behind the bank of trees on the right is daughter's sorority house.

Attachments

• Mickey St. Landry at Coliseum3..jpg
    Mickey St. Landry at Coliseum3..jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 71
At approximately 1:47 am the bicyclist is captured on Versailles Blvd traveling towards St. John Street," according to Lafayette Police Dept. Cpl. Paul Mouton. Mickey then traveled on St. John Street, crossed University Ave. then continued on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video around 1:48 a.m. "Investigators are seeking information regarding a white newer model four door pickup truck, which was captured on video after Mickey Shunick traveled on both streets," said Mouton

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/
Rite, thanx!...that's about what HOT107.9's site said.

So again, no one has said the truck was seen twice (yet).

Not that your scenario is impossible, but I'm just trying keep it straight what has actually been said in MSM. :)

Which news article says the truck was seen before she was there? The ones I've seen have said the truck was caught on video after she passed.

If the truck was seen when she was on St. John after she was and then was seen going the opposite way on St. Landry after she was, then at some point he had to be going down St. Landry in the same direction as she was, in order to be able to be coming in the other direction.

It it's not a one way street, then the white truck was driving into an oncoming traffic lane. I say DUI!

No he is in the left turning lane. Middle lane goes straight across university to st john and far right lane goes right only. The lane all the way tithe left is the only oncoming lane until further down.

ETa: somebody please splain it to me before I go buy chocolate ice cream and fudge sauce!

I think they MIGHT have had video evidence of the truck seen earlier going in the same direction as Mickey, and now they see it doubling back. Just guessing.

It's a question of how it's worded. Does it mean the truck was seen only after she passed both streets/cameras or does it mean the truck was seen after her on each street/camera? You'd think if was each street that they would release the other pic of the truck so someone could identify it...so I think they mean they only saw the truck after Mickey had been seen the last time, they can't say for sure if it was following her.

Not that your scenario is impossible, but I'm just trying keep it straight what has actually been said in MSM. :)

"Investigators are seeking information regarding a white newer model four door pickup truck, which was captured on video after Mickey Shunick traveled on both streets," (source katc.com)

This says that the truck was seen twice--on both streets she travelled on.

It's a question of how it's worded. Does it mean the truck was seen only after she passed both streets/cameras or does it mean the truck was seen after her on each street/camera? You'd think if was each street that they would release the other video of the truck so someone could identify it...so I think they mean they only saw the truck after Mickey had been seen the last time.
That's my understanding as well.

I wish MSM would be much more specific. And hopefully there will be more info (and photos) at 10 (if I haven't gone crazy by then). ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne