LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I think it's important to note in the picture with the white truck, you can visibly see the gas tank area and it's not the same color as the vehicle. This indicates that the gas tank door has been changed out to an aftermarket one. Most likely it appears as if it is chrome, which is pretty commonly seen. Hopefully that helps narrow this truck down somewhat.

I want to bump this up because it could be very important.

that circle k is always either really busy or really slow..it never seems like they have an in-between. so weird to see her on that footage because i ran into some of the bikelafayette guys sunday morning at circle k. they were already looking for her. thats how i found out about it in the first place.

and a side note, as far as people commenting about why she didn't take the straight shot down congress...her idea to ride through the saint streets is a very common one. i know two women who were at the same bar on the same night, both even passed that exact spot on their bike rides home. there is a feeling of safety in this area. everyone needs to take a lesson from this and use the buddy system.

So Mickey left Ryan, went up Parkside, turned LEFT on Versailles (away from her home and closer to downtown) then turned RIGHT onto St. John (a bigger road) kept on St. John all the way until she crossed University and the street name turned into St. Landry.

She really, really went out of her way.

This makes me think something spooked her on Parkside, and she took action to head for a more lighted area.

I bet that truck followed her on Parkside, too.

If she was spooked - I imagine she really would have had her mace in hand...

She was prepared!!!!

.....booooooooo hisssssssssss grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:banghead:

I was confused by this too, but some one mentioned earlier that going that way is more bike friendly than going west and then getting onto Congress which would be a straight shot. It does appear she went a longer, less direct route.

Fewer stoplights (@University) and less negotiating for left turns (@ St. Mary)? Maybe she knew she could easily catch the lights at St. John/St. Landry and sail along? Perhaps she was concerned about driving by or being ambushed by the graveyard on Parkside Drive?

Not sure if it's relevant or not, but I noticed in both pictures the stop light is green. Either, between the time of the two pictures, the light hadn't changed at all or it cycled once or twice. We can see at the circle K that one vehicle is present at the pump for both pictures and in the later picture, where the truck is, another vehicle is there as well.

What do I know about trucks? My husband says he thinks there is no tailgate because he can see the outline of the license plate. But it just looks open to me.

I can't see a tailgate either cuz I was thinking how does anything stay in the back of that truck without there being a bumper (tailgate) there. :waitasec:

Can we get a screenshot of the truck in the video posted here please? Ugh, I need to take computer lessons.

Also, I think it's important to note in the picture with the white truck, you can visibly see the gas tank area and it's not the same color as the vehicle. This indicates that the gas tank door has been changed out to an aftermarket one. Most likely it appears as if it is chrome, which is pretty commonly seen. Hopefully that helps narrow this truck down somewhat.

I want to bump this up because it could be very important.

Good thinking!! And right you are - like this: http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/me...-exterior-298-picture958-chrome-fuel-door.jpg

(SORRY i blew the margins, there's a link to a visual of what LC described.)

OMG!

A woman called KATC to say she believes this truck is the same one that stopped and offered her a ride in the past----2pm in the afternoon----she accepted the ride and he offered her $ for sex. She refused and he dropped her off. Driver told her he drove around looking for ? My phone rang and I missed what she said!

Well, I hope she contacted police before she contacted KATC.

"Now we're able to show the family that, hey, we know she traveled on Versaille, we know she made it as far as St. Landry Street, and that there was a white pick up truck in that area," said Corporal Paul Mouton, Public Information Officer for Lafayette Police.

Mouton said they now have a direction in the case and want to talk to the driver of that pick up truck."
from kctv

I think it is a chrome tank cover, but it looks square to me.

I also think the tank cover is lower down than on a Tacoma....my son drives one, but he doesn't live here so I can't run out and check, but it seems as though his tank cover is higher up.

I guess I should add that my son's truck is not white!

30adet0.jpg

Well, I hope she contacted police before she contacted KATC.

She said she couldn't get through, so she called the news. Or rather, the reporter said that is what she said.

I hope LE is getting a sketch artist to work with her! And her I.D. Of the specific type of truck, right down to it being a Texas edition, should help LE look the plate up and trace the owner.

I feel hopeful. Sure hope this pans out.

The truck pictured has:
Legally tinted windows
Dual Cab
Black door handles on front and back
And possibly a missing or customized fuel cover.

I think it looks more like
GMC Sierra Crew Cab 1500 4WD
2006 model maybe or even the newer ones fit the box shape

Attachments

• 2012GMC005a_640_01.jpg
    2012GMC005a_640_01.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 431861490848987344.jpg
    431861490848987344.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 18
I think it is a chrome tank cover, but it looks square to me.

I also think the tank cover is lower down than on a Tacoma....my son drives one, but he doesn't live here so I can't run out and check, but it seems as though his tank cover is higher up.

It kind of looks square to me too, but with the picture as grainy as it is there's no way to really know. I also think the gas tank on this truck is located lower than what a gas tank is on a tacoma. The windows on this truck seem to be more square and take up the whole area of the door (if that makes sense), whereas the tacoma windows have a shapeliness to them.

It really looks like the tailgate has been removed on that truck. Will be interesting if the truck that picked-up Tasha Patterson was missing the tailgate.

I know it's hard to tell, but in the picture of the truck heading in the opposite direction from when it was following Mickey, when I zoom in one the truck cab, does it look like there may be someone sitting in its back seat? Or am I seeing things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily