LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the woman on Facebook a few hours ago. Called the police, called the tip line, either no answer or voicemail. That's a problem.

Am in Baton Rouge, been there, done that! Really ticked me off. I was trying to call about a 15 year old runaway, who we thought was living in an empty house two doors down and got same thing. Finally called 911. That's what she should do! Bet MS's parents would be horrified to know the response she got to her calls. The voice mail may be due to many calls coming in, but it shouldn't happen in a case like this. Any information may be the critical piece at a critical time!

That comment makes no sense at all. If it isn't THIS truck why show a picture of it in the same exact video surveillance as they are showing Mickey in?

My money says its the truck they're looking for. Now the concern is, if the owner of the truck thinks they're looking for him, he'll bug out. If they take the heat off of him and say its just one that looks similar, hopefully he won't bug out.

That does not make any sense. I think that lady is off her rocker. The police dept. is not closed for the 3 day weekend. Actually, every single cop is usually called in to work on holidays like this.

I dunno. She repeated it several times in the thread, different numbers she'd called. And if the woman on the news said she couldn't get through- either it's the same woman or lots of tipsters are having trouble getting through.

The FB poster appears to be an attractive young lady.

That does not make any sense. I think that lady is off her rocker. The police dept. is not closed for the 3 day weekend. Actually, every single cop is usually called in to work on holidays like this.

She said she called Crim Stoppers though right? Thats not the same as the LPD. Maybe I'm wrong...

Where are you seeing this? What link has a video (not stills)? I'm catching up but was here when the photos broke...
I didn't see it Cazzie, I was just brain-storming/thinking out loud wondering if that scenario was a possibility.

For the locals who know, how far was Mickey from home in this surveillance video we are seeing?

Much closer to Ryan street and downtown and saint streets. She wasn't even to congress yet

It really looks like the tailgate has been removed on that truck. Will be interesting if the truck that picked-up Tasha Patterson was missing the tailgate.

What have I missed? Is TP the lady who took a ride but was let out safely even though she had been propositioned?

She said she called Crim Stoppers though right? Thats not the same as the LPD. Maybe I'm wrong...

She said that crimestoppers told her the police dept. was not open until after the three day weekend. That makes no sense. Maybe crimestoppers did tell her that, but it is not true. The cops are working 24/7 throughout the holiday/

That is the truck the woman who contacted KATC identified. GMC Sierra.
What woman who contacted KATC? I don't think I've missed any posts since my most recent catchup (which I am still working on).

I admit that I may have missed something.

But I really encourage all posters (even myself) to be specific. :)

Ok, I'm going to try to gather my thoughts here so that I can explain them accurately.

As I'm watching this video, when the reporter begins to recount Mickey's last seen hours they show a photo of artmosphere - then they show the street name Johnston.

The woman who reported the man in the truck asking her if she needed a ride and accepting - wasn't that on Johnston as well? How far are these locations?

In Brettly's recap of their night, IIRC he said they (he and Mickey) left artmostphere on their bikes to go get his vehicle so that they could drive through Taco Bell. Could it be possible that Mickey was stalked from artmosphere? Maybe she could have been followed and the perp waited for the right time to attack. I could be wrong about the street name, but it jumped out to me.

5 minutes later she said "crime stoppers isn't even in Lafayette!!! And the tip line gives me an answering machine!!"

It's in the comments on the post of the first bike/gas station photo. I won't say commenter's name, but in her profile pic, she's wearing a bright pink wig.

I'm far away and I have no idea how well or poorly the situation is being handled.

When the recently interviewed woman mentioned not being able to get through, it seemed possibly related to the Facebook comments I'd seen.

Didn't someone post earlier (does anyone remember) that there was a police check on University and Congress? Wouldn't that prevent the truck from escaping towards I-10 if the truck had her?

The checkpoint was on Johnston across from Gattiland (for locals). Near the intersection of Johnston & Guilbeau.

DUI Checkpoint announced 5/17/12 http://www.katc.com/mobile/news/sobriety-checkpoint-scheduled-in-lafayette-244324/
Location and info from a local crime blogger: http://www.bustedinacadiana.com/2012/05/sobriety-checkpoint-results-in-6-owi-arrest/#.T8BcWIl5mc0

http://www.duiblock.com/dui_checkpoint_locations/louisiana/lafayette/

The police checkpoint was not on the route MS would have taken. It was on a major busy road that would have been heavily traveled all times of the day/night. Having the checkpoint there could have increased traffic in the neighborhoods as people deliberately went a difference route to avoid the checkpoint, JMO.

I'm not familiar with the # of police assigned to the checkpoint but if this was a pre-meditated as suggested by another user (can't find the post) and the person(s) had been observing MS and timing it with the arrival of the carnival, they may have assumed the police would be concentrated at the sobriety check? Again, JMO.

I dunno. She repeated it several times in the thread, different numbers she'd called. And if the woman on the news said she couldn't get through- either it's the same woman or lots of tipsters are having trouble getting through.

The FB poster appears to be an attractive young lady.

They had different names, FWIW. I guess it could still be the same person using a different name when she called in the tip to the news.

If someone wanted to do #tags for the sort of truck we might be looking for, that would be a good thing. I know a couple different ones have been mentioned as possibles. Would do 'em but I'm all out of #tags I can do. TIA.

According this this KATC video update it sounds like that truck may have been seen on Versailles as well (where she was first captured on video). What do y'all think?

If it is the same truck in both videos ... had he already followed her down St. Landry, abducted her and headed back to University where he's caught on video at the traffic light? That would explain why the truck is in the opposite direction from where she was headed? Wish we knew the time on both the video captures released.

What woman who contacted KATC? I don't think I've missed any posts since my most recent catchup (which I am still working on).

I admit that I may have missed something.

But I really encourage all posters (even myself) to be specific. :)

One who said she accepted a ride for herself and her bike from a man in a white truck...he told her he was looking for pretty girls...he let her out though...she prior page...

The woman who reported the man in the truck asking her if she needed a ride and accepting - wasn't that on Johnston as well? How far are these locations?

Johnston is the main drag through town, which passes by the University on the South edge of the downtown/Saints Streets region. Congress parallels Johnston north of the downtown/Saints Streets region. Artmosphere is about 3 miles from the intersection of Johnston and South College (a major North/South road that intersects both Johnston and Congress).

Sorry to just jump in here; this was the first question I could answer.

According this this KATC video update it sounds like that truck may have been seen on Versailles as well (where she was first captured on video). What do y'all think?

If it is the same truck in both videos ... had he already followed her down St. Landry, abducted her and headed back to University where he's caught on video at the traffic light? That would explain why the truck is in the opposite direction from where she was headed? Wish we knew the time on both the video captures released.

That is what I think happened. They saw the truck in the video when she is spotted, then they lose sight of her in the next videos, but they see the same truck, now headed in the other direction. It makes my skin crawl.

OK. The woman in the video (Patterson) doesn't look like the woman in the FB thread. And that wasn't the poster's name.

I wonder if there will be more women coming forward.

I hope it means the evil-doer is caught forthwith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth