LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's hard to tell, but in the picture of the truck heading in the opposite direction from when it was following Mickey, does it look like there may be someone sitting in its back seat? Or am I seeing things?

I mentioned this earlier, when I noticed the tint wasn't very dark on the vehicle. I think it may just be the shape of one of the front seats that we are seeing, though.

I just googled "Toyota Tacoma White" on Google images and man, it sure does look like the truck on video could be a 4-door Tacoma. I was sure it was a GMC or Ford until I googled it.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Tacoma"]Toyota Tacoma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Adding this choice - wish we could look at side-by-sides.

God I hope they find her. I am so hearbtroken for this family. This is so good though, finally a spot to really search for and check out, they can really pick out cameras now and watch them carefully. A nice long memorial day weekend too for lots of people to come out and help.This gives everyone a little more get up and go a little more energy to keep going.

She said she couldn't get through, so she called the news. Or rather, the reporter said that is what she said.

I hope LE is getting a sketch artist to work with her! And her I.D. Of the specific type of truck, right down to it being a Texas edition, should help LE look the plate up and trace the owner.

I feel hopeful. Sure hope this pans out.

Probably the woman on Facebook a few hours ago. Called the police, called the tip line, either no answer or voicemail. That's a problem.

IF this is the same guy that gave the ride to the other girl (I can't believe she accepted, BTW)...then it is at least possible he is keeping Mickey alive, if he really wanted a "pretty girl". Something to hope for, although now that his truck has been on the news, who knows...that may not have been a great move. All assuming it is him, of course...

She said she couldn't get through, so she called the news. Or rather, the reporter said that is what she said.

I hope LE is getting a sketch artist to work with her! And her I.D. Of the specific type of truck, right down to it being a Texas edition, should help LE look the plate up and trace the owner.

I feel hopeful. Sure hope this pans out.

I would think it would be easier to get through to LE than to the news.

Man - these cases make me skeptical!

Probably the woman on Facebook a few hours ago. Called the police, called the tip line, either no answer or voicemail. That's a problem.

A disgrace, if true...can you imagine how her friends and family feel hearing this...

"Now we're able to show the family that, hey, we know she traveled on Versaille, we know she made it as far as St. Landry Street, and that there was a white pick up truck in that area," said Corporal Paul Mouton, Public Information Officer for Lafayette Police.

Mouton said they now have a direction in the case and want to talk to the driver of that pick up truck."
from kctv

Sure sounds like they mean that specific pickup truck in the picture,,,,,,,,,not just any old one which is similar to it.

3 hours ago on Find Mickey Shunick Now FB page: "How crazy is this I just called in a tip.. And crime stoppers told me the police dept is not open till Monday!!!"

IF this is the same guy that gave the ride to the other girl (I can't believe she accepted, BTW)...then it is at least possible he is keeping Mickey alive, if he really wanted a "pretty girl". Something to hope for, although now that his truck has been on the news, who knows...that may not have been a great move. All assuming it is him, of course...

I'm thinking Mickey was safety conscious, hence the mace. So, if this is the same guy and same type of scenario, even though we know she was tired and not feeling well, I think she would have refused a ride. If she refused a ride, he may have then forced her.

Or, if it's the same scenario and she accepted the ride then maybe when he tried to make his move on her perhaps she did try using her mace and that made him angry. From what all her friends and family say I don't find it likely that she would accept a ride from a stranger, especially this time of night/morning. But, ya never know.

Just to let everyone know for sure.

This picture:

mickey-3-630x354.jpg

Was taken BEFORE the pic of her riding by the gas station. The gas station pic is the last one of her timewise. The above pic was taken at Versailles Blvd where it meets St John ST. Here it is on Google streetview:

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&so...=gMvZeA7u6CrZSx3u0rt_nA&cbp=11,281.87,,0,4.67
I trust you (heck, we've been doing the GMTA thing tonite), but how do you know it was taken first?

I'm angry and disappointed that MSM (and perhaps LE, sorry) seem to be doing a p-poor job at getting such important info rite when dispersed to us, the peons. :(

So Mickey left Ryan, went up Parkside, turned LEFT on Versailles (away from her home and closer to downtown) then turned RIGHT onto St. John (a bigger road) kept on St. John all the way until she crossed University and the street name turned into St. Landry.

She really, really went out of her way.

This makes me think something spooked her on Parkside, and she took action to head for a more lighted area.

I bet that truck followed her on Parkside, too.

When looking at the area on the google maps, I can't get over how vast an area we're talking about here. It's difficult, when you're not familiar with a city to imagine the type of terrain being referred to - these are some long roads MS set out to ride down at nighttime nontheless.

3 hours ago on Find Mickey Shunick Now FB page: "How crazy is this I just called in a tip.. And crime stoppers told me the police dept is not open till Monday!!!"

That does not make any sense. I think that lady is off her rocker. The police dept. is not closed for the 3 day weekend. Actually, every single cop is usually called in to work on holidays like this.

You can also tell the truck is in the left turning lane, turning onto W University

I'm starting to wonder if they have her on camera passing by, see the truck very shortly thereafter pull into the left-hand turn lane (left turn onto University) BUT ... then see the truck back-up (into LUS parking lot) rather than going thru the light making the left turn and see it going the direction she was headed.
Where are you seeing this? What link has a video (not stills)? I'm catching up but was here when the photos broke...

I'm thinking Mickey was safety conscious, hence the mace. So, if this is the same guy and same type of scenario, even though we know she was tired and not feeling well, I think she would have refused a ride. If she refused a ride, he may have then forced her.

Or, if it's the same scenario and she accepted the ride then maybe when he tried to make his move on her perhaps she did try using her mace and that made him angry. From what all her friends and family say I don't find it likely that she would accept a ride from a stranger, especially this time of night/morning. But, ya never know.

Yeah...kind of like the parents who insist their kids would never take candy from strangers...:( I saw that Dateline a month or two ago...

Still, forcing her and her bike into the truck seems so risky on one of these streets...if people are truly out and about as locals have said...while her getting in without a struggle would not attract attention...JMO

I have a feeling that truck was in the left hand turn lane (left from St. Landry on to University) and while waiting for the light to turn green saw her coming towards him. He makes the left turn onto University and then turns left again into the LUS parking lot gets back on St. Landry and begins to follow her to a more remote area. Probably why the truck is caught on camera twice in that location.

That's what my fear was too. He chanced upon her and turns around after the left turn or simply circles back around pulling in behind her, knowing its a more desolate area she'll be traveling through. All assuming the truck is involved at all.

That does not make any sense. I think that lady is off her rocker. The police dept. is not closed for the 3 day weekend. Actually, every single cop is usually called in to work on holidays like this.

I tend to agree with you Katy....

In the presser this afternoon they said the tip line would be opened all memorial day weekend.

[hopefully she's not calling in red herrings :crazy:]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member