LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! Did she say she was riding a bike?

Yes, she was riding her bike and someone in a white truck pulled over and offered her a ride. She was tired, so she agreed, and when he dropped her off he offered her money for sex. She refused and he let her go with no incident.

They need to make a plea now to ALL businesses and homes to check their surveillance footage from that time for trucks matching the description of this truck! They may be able to track it backwards or forwards from that time...

Also, I think it's important to note in the picture with the white truck, you can visibly see the gas tank area and it's not the same color as the vehicle. This indicates that the gas tank door has been changed out to an aftermarket one. Most likely it appears as if it is chrome, which is pretty commonly seen. Hopefully that helps narrow this truck down somewhat.

Good eye! That could be really helpful. Also, its a relief that people here aren't posting insane comments the way they are on FB. :banghead:

The girl who rode in the white truck should be able to get a sketch of the dude, they prolly all over the circle k I bet they drilling those employees

Here's the Chevy picture samples -
Chevrolet Silverado - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'll bring the Ford forward too ~

Here's my guess:

GMC Sierra 1500 - this one is a 2012 since they said late model.

7737_cc0640_001_50U.jpg

The white truck with the open tailgate....do you think that was to hide a license plate? Louisiana only requires a rear plate, maybe it was trying to be concealed because he was up to no good?

Hey this is weird but on google b/c of the footage they just found... i typed in white four door chevy truck to see if it matched up and looked alike.. and it comes up for the missing girl lauren spierer who also was a university student they have it on surveilance from indiana it looks exactly the same its creepy... i know indianas far but what if he left the state and came her to scope college students out it is a tourist site and lots of people ride there bikes or walk every where

There is a town in Indiana called Lafayette...

That is the truck the woman who contacted KATC identified. GMC Sierra.

I was pretty certain but woah...interesting - my father - the trucker lol - would be proud of me & my guess. lol.

OKAY SO WHERE IS THE TRUCK that looks like this, but isn't this truck...

Here's my guess:

GMC Sierra 1500 - this one is a 2012 since they said late model.

7737_cc0640_001_50U.jpg

I'm actually thinking it may be a chevy silverado. Sierra has somewhat more of a rounded shape whereas, silverado is a little more boxy.

What do I know about trucks? My husband says he thinks there is no tailgate because he can see the outline of the license plate. But it just looks open to me.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#fcanchor

Latest Update Woman says she may have been picked up by the same truck in surveilance photos
10:13 PM by Elizabeth Hill

After seeing the pictures of the truck, Tasha Patterson believes it is the same truck that approached her two months ago. She says she was riding her bike down South College around 2 pm. She was heading back from an appointment when a man in a white truck pulled over and asked if she needed a ride. Patterson says she was exhausted and not thinking clearly, so she got in the car. Shortly after, he dropped her off at the Walgreens on the corner of Johnston and South College.

Patterson described the truck as a white GMC Sierra 2500 Texas Edition.

more at link

There's a sex offender at 812 e convent st right by 100 Ryan St. The over head image from google shows a white pick up truck. And it's really shady aroudn there a warehouse or two. When you do street view though, it's not there.White Male 270 lbs,

For the locals who know, how far was Mickey from home in this surveillance video we are seeing?

For the locals who know, how far was Mickey from home in this surveillance video we are seeing?

She still had quite a ways to go. This was towards the beginning of her route.

eta: I would say about 4 miles. She was not taking the most direct route but someone earlier said she was taking the more bike friendly route.

There's a sex offender at 812 e convent st right by 100 Ryan St. The over head image from google shows a white pick up truck. And it's really shady aroudn there a warehouse or two. When you do street view though, it's not there.

Is it possible for you to post a link to this picture, please? I looked up google street view, but am not getting the same picture. I'm not sure as to how I find an over head image. Sorry. TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog