LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even mentioned by the family, on their FB pages...what is the story?? If LE really needs to find this truck, it should be on the cover of every news website withing several hundred miles...

Agreed...

If they didn't check the bar video, then they are complete idiots. Many of us on here think if she had not been being stalked, then she may have been spotted/chosen at the bar. And, if she had been being stalked, the stalker may still have been there acting strange/watching her.

With the FBI and Marshal's and local and perhaps state police involved early on its probably a safe bet did check the bar video since she was there.

I thought about being followed from the bar. Until I read afterwards she went to her friends house/apartment for awhile before leaving on her bike for home. Her leaving there and on her way home is when she started to be followed. I'm believing for now more a predator, and not a RSO was out patrolling and looking for someone and spotted her on her bike and followed her a ways to see where she was headed. At the K store, she was riding along without any fear of being followed, or she would have went inside the store for help I am guessing.
Thank you for your comment.

O/T but I didn't think her disappearance was related to DTL when it happened but from reading more about her case, I've come to think in the past few years that there's a 99% chance it was DTL. She was older than the other victims but was indeed attractive and looked much younger than she actually was (due to what I think was some really good cosmetic surgery, and I don't say that to be demeaning, I think she looked good & had one great surgeon).

Many people in Louisiana I know thought her disappearance was staged due to her husband's conviction & jail sentence (he was Louisiana's former insurance commissioner) and that maybe she had absconded far away with stolen money or something. Some expected when her husband was released a few years ago he'd disappear to some island or foreign country and they'd reunite. That hasn't been the case - he's out now and seemed to really grieve her disappearance/death. This and the details surrounding her disappearance (I've more recently read about the white truck on camera and her broken fake fingernail, etc) has made me think DTL was involved....or worse, there's still an unidentified perp on the loose..... Easier to believe it was DTL and yes, I wish he'd confess truthfully to everything he's done so the families of Mary Ann Fowler, Christine Moore, Connie Warner, and others could know for sure (and locate the remains of Mary Ann & Connie) or so we would know whether or not South Louisiana had (has? <shudder>) another serial killer as well..... But like that would ever happen. DTL only cares about DTL and I don't think will ever admit to anything for victims' families to get closure.

We need to find who has Mickey. If he/she gets away with this once (and this likely isn't their first time), they will do this again. Finding Mickey is our key to finding the person(s) responsible and the key to saving the next potential victim! All women in South Louisiana and those who love them should be looking for Mickey and pressuring LE and the media to keep Mickey's case out there!

I'm a local and I always thought that her disappearance was related to DTL. Mostly because of the surveillance video from the Subway in Port Allen which I believe showed a white single cab pickup like the VOI in that case. She was much older than the other victims, but she was still an attractive brunette. I just feel awful for her family that she was never found. If DTL did it, I wish he would just confess. Instead, he is appealing over and over again. Death row my foot, he'll out-live us all through his appeals!!

Worth mentioning is the fact that there are two other early cases from around the Baker area in which he was suspected, but nothing was ever proven.
of her.

I'm a local and I always thought that her disappearance was related to DTL. Mostly because of the surveillance video from the Subway in Port Allen which I believe showed a white single cab pickup like the VOI in that case. She was much older than the other victims, but she was still an attractive brunette. I just feel awful for her family that she was never found. If DTL did it, I wish he would just confess. Instead, he is appealing over and over again. Death row my foot, he'll out-live us all through his appeals!!

Worth mentioning is the fact that there are two other early cases from around the Baker area in which he was suspected, but nothing was ever proven.

If I didn't believe in true evil before DTL, I certainly do now. If you see the court artists pictures of him during Charlotte Murray Pace's trial, he showed no emotion to anything. Her death was violent and brutal from what I've heard/read. Any normal person would have been made sick by hearing such things and seeing pictures of her.

I agree, he is evil. I also believe, and learned in my psychology classes that most of these characters have borderline personality disorder... sounds much nicer than what it is. Anyway, this family had so many things happening that it could have been many different people/ groups who did this. Her son was absolutely pitiful, and I was hoping for them that they would actually convict someone!! I guess we will not all agree on everything, although I understand your opinion and belief, mine is just different.

I guess I don't understand why this info is not being broadcast by LE on every network news, AMW, NG, JVM - anywhere and everywhere.

I agree! I also wish we could get details of the truck (and confirm that it is the same trucks in both pics on St Landry) and get new fliers and missing signs with both Mickey's pic, the reward $ and tip line, and the surveillance pic of the DWT with the trucks's confirmed specs (make, model, year -or range of years), etc.

It seems like it might bring in a lot of not so useful tips about lots of white trucks but it could also bring in just one that could make a difference. Maybe make people think about if someone they know who drives a truck with those specs has been acting weird. Seems to me it might also put pressure on the perp and cause him to trip up somehow....

It makes absolutely no sense for someone like Mickey to leave of her own volition.

Drugs addicts disappear on their own. Criminals disappear on their own. People who have something to hide disappear on their own.

Young adults in college with loving family and friends don't disappear on their own; not without telling someone.

O/T but I didn't think her disappearance was related to DTL when it happened but from reading more about her case, I've come to think in the past few years that there's a 99% chance it was DTL. She was older than the other victims but was indeed attractive and looked much younger than she actually was (due to what I think was some really good cosmetic surgery, and I don't say that to be demeaning, I think she looked good & had one great surgeon).

Many people in Louisiana I know thought her disappearance was staged due to her husband's conviction & jail sentence (he was Louisiana's former insurance commissioner) and that maybe she had absconded far away with stolen money or something. Some expected when her husband was released a few years ago he'd disappear to some island or foreign country and they'd reunite. That hasn't been the case - he's out now and seemed to really grieve her disappearance/death. This and the details surrounding her disappearance (I've more recently read about the white truck on camera and her broken fake fingernail, etc) has made me think DTL was involved....or worse, there's still an unidentified perp on the loose..... Easier to believe it was DTL and yes, I wish he'd confess truthfully to everything he's done so the families of Mary Ann Fowler, Christine Moore, Connie Warner, and others could know for sure (and locate the remains of Mary Ann & Connie) or so we would know whether or not South Louisiana had (has? <shudder>) another serial killer as well..... But like that would ever happen. DTL only cares about DTL and I don't think will ever admit to anything for victims' families to get closure.

We need to find who has Mickey. If he/she gets away with this once (and this likely isn't their first time), they will do this again. Finding Mickey is our key to finding the person(s) responsible and the key to saving the next potential victim! All women in South Louisiana and those who love them should be looking for Mickey and pressuring LE and the media to keep Mickey's case out there!

A press conference would be nice... it's not like LE doesn't know the public is confused about the DWT... <modsnip>

As much as I'd like to answer anything that I can.....I'm afraid my ten foot pole won't even want to touch that right now. :hills:

Are there new rules that pertain to ACI? I've been busy, so am only checking in periodically.

If I didn't believe in true evil before DTL, I certainly do now. If you see the court artists pictures of him during Charlotte Murray Pace's trial, he showed no emotion to anything. Her death was violent and brutal from what I've heard/read. Any normal person would have been made sick by hearing such things and seeing pictures of her.

Our son was in law school and lived directly across from Charlotte Pace. When he returned from class, the place was swarming with LE. He said one of the policemen told him it was the worst thing he had ever seen.

Your son has a crew cab. I just drove down Kaliste Saloom and was parked at a red light next to a Silverado Extended Cab Z71. So Chevy makes both cab types.

Since LE told Artis one thing (that both trucks on St. Landry were the same truck,) and then turned around and told ACI that the truck facing University and the one on University were the same truck, and the photo facing the direction Mickey was riding was the only photo of the Z71 I don't know WHAT to believe!

I didn't know they'd told ACI that. Sheesh. More reason for them to clear it up. If the truck is so important that it's still of interest, the correct inofrmation needs be given to the public.

I don't remember who it was yesterday that said he/she saw a vehicle matching the VOI on I-10 in BR, but I saw one yesterday too. I, like the other poster, nearly wrecked trying to get a pick of the license plate. Failed. My phone froze on me and the camera didn't come up until I was out of range to get the pic or attempt to write it down. I need to come up with a dash mount camera holder before I head out in the car again. I will not fail twice.

this happened to me too on I12 in Hammond area near Berryland - LOTS of white trucks there, BUT I only saw one that had 4 doors, z71, and the 18in alloys. Maybe 2, but he was going too fast. there are lots of abandoned shack like buildings off I-12 that i never noticed before on I12. there's one creepy one that is right around exit 42 with no door on it. I'm reaching here, but I can't drive up and down i10 and 12 without looking at all the possibilities.

I followed this case in the beginning, but then got busy, went on vacation, yada yada yada. I'm in downtown New Orleans at the moment and just saw a Texas Eq Search truck here and was wondering if they are here in the area looking for Mickey? I wanted to ask, but hubby is in a hurry and so I couldn't go up to the truck and ask. There were I think 4 people in the truck and were dressed like they had been searching maybe.

I agree! I also wish we could get details of the truck (and confirm that it is the same trucks in both pics on St Landry) and get new fliers and missing signs with both Mickey's pic, the reward $ and tip line, and the surveillance pic of the DWT with the trucks's confirmed specs (make, model, year -or range of years), etc.

It seems like it might bring in a lot of not so useful tips about lots of white trucks but it could also bring in just one that could make a difference. Maybe make people think about if someone they know who drives a truck with those specs has been acting weird. Seems to me it might also put pressure on the perp and cause him to trip up somehow....

Bump. :twocents:

It makes absolutely no sense for someone like Mickey to leave of her own volition.

Drugs addicts disappear on their own. Criminals disappear on their own. People who have something to hide disappear on their own.

Young adults in college with loving family and friends don't disappear on their own; not without telling someone.

Agree with you, no way did she leave on her own.
As I mentioned, this is what I consider a very typical "rule of three" sexual abduction where the victim is taken at one location, evidence is dumped at another, and the victim left at a third...
all for what?! How sad, how maddening!
Sierra Lamar's case is a good example, though she has not been found yet...
I believe she just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

has ACI been able to get an answer from police as to why they arent talking to us and why they wont clear up the stupid truck?

maybe mrs. nancy can ask LE to tell the people the exact truck style we should be loking for.

something they could ask for is those who own hunting land along i-10 to do a lookover their property for any clues. there is ALOT of private land up and down 10 and 12. and since it's NOT hunting season, the owners would need to be asked to take a special trip out there. by the time it's hunting season, if there are any clues, they'd be less noticeable

last thought, Swamp People know the river basin better than anyone else. hopefully they have been notified to keep their eyes open while out in the basin. i have extended family that used to live in the basin - could only get to them by boat, and they did not keep up with the local news. they were quite removed. i don't watch swamp people, but i'm thinking that if they are like my family members, they may not even know a Lafayette girl is missing.

I have a couple of questions for Mods.

1. How are members/posters verified?

2. If we have a Mod question, how can we tell who's on?

Thanks.

I am asking because there are many "locals" contributing and doing a great job. Why don't some become "verified" as local? Just wondering.

I've been following for weeks, and I'm still confused about the trucks.
Something that could be so simple (ID of the truck/trucks and surveillance cams)
seams to be all twisted up............ I'm frustrated.

If anyone has conclusive facts re: DWT, please clarify.

Thanks. :please::waitasec::please:

I agree. I don't really buy that Mickey's disappearance is related to the Pacman graffiti. I also think the abduction was too organized to be a spur of the moment gang-related grab. JMO. More likely it was someone who startled her, had met her before but wasn't a friend, someone she'd seen at school (posing as a student), etc. If it was a complete stranger, more than one person and some force was used.

agreed. it was planned out. i think she was followed before and followed throughout that night, which is why i think it would have been useful to look at street cameras around artis and bretleys house and those routes for the white truck. i doubt there's video of that now that we are at a month into the search

I followed this case in the beginning, but then got busy, went on vacation, yada yada yada. I'm in downtown New Orleans at the moment and just saw a Texas Eq Search truck here and was wondering if they are here in the area looking for Mickey? I wanted to ask, but hubby is in a hurry and so I couldn't go up to the truck and ask. There were I think 4 people in the truck and were dressed like they had been searching maybe.

interesting. i hope there's not another girl there that went missing. surely it would be on the news

I have a couple of questions for Mods.

1. How are members/posters verified?

2. If we have a Mod question, how can we tell who's on?

Thanks.

I am asking because there are many "locals" contributing and doing a great job. Why don't some become "verified" as local? Just wondering.

I've been following for weeks, and I'm still confused about the trucks.
Something that could be so simple (ID of the truck/trucks and surveillance cams)
seams to be all twisted up............ I'm frustrated.

If anyone has conclusive facts re: DWT, please clarify.

Thanks. :please::waitasec::please:

i can answer question 2

scroll down below the quick reply box and it shows you a list of the members that are currently online. it tells you how many members are on and how many guests are viewing as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3