LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance it's THE WT and the woman was a witness or knew something?

Article yesterday mentioned that she may be the mother of children in the area who reported her missing.

For Ms. Nancy (nancyanne)-
Is it possible for you to tell us what LE or Mr. Abdella know about the truck's details (more than just a Chevy Sliverado Z71)- like the range of years in which this truck was made? Like are we looking for white Silverado Z71s between 2007-2010 or something (just an example of dates)? I think if LE, your family, or Abdella could issue a statement to the media that is VERY clear about the truck, it would be VERY helpful. Like:
State again that it is a 4 door white Chevy Silverado Z71; give possible year range of the truck, verify whether or not the two pics of trucks headed down St Landry and turning on to Univeristy are indeed the same truck, etc. This would help enormously in helping the public track down this truck. Any more details they could give would help us pick this needle out of a haystack.

Artis - the two pics of the trucks you have attached - those are two different trucks right?

Well, that's been the debate - for hundreds of pages. I called the police and asked, outright, and the officer that I spoke with told me they were the same truck. A bunch of posters disagreed with that, saying he must be wrong, but because previous statements from LPD have been as clear mud, and because this officer was perfectly clear, his is the only precise and direct answer that we have. That the press has never pushed for clarification shows how lame they are.

So, in answer to your question, I can only relay what the officer told me - they are the same truck.

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with one, much less two. Sometimes I question whether the Social Sciences truly qualify as sciences. There aren't any provable theories really- just trying to fit observations of behavior into boxes. I think the way that mentally ill people and people with certain personality disorders are handled today isn't the best way. While I'm no way advocating the early 19th century method of locking them away from sight, many end up homeless because they're incapable of caring for themselves. Others should be locked up because you can't predict when they're going to go off. Just my opinion of course.

I'll get pictures the St. Landry area and post them. Can't promise it'll be today though.

Thank you, Ivorywolf. I'm sorry, too! I had a boss who also fit the criteria. We all encounter these creeps in our lives because of a significant portion of the population are sociopaths.

My sons Silverado has 4 full size doors.

Your son has a crew cab. I just drove down Kaliste Saloom and was parked at a red light next to a Silverado Extended Cab Z71. So Chevy makes both cab types.

Since LE told Artis one thing (that both trucks on St. Landry were the same truck,) and then turned around and told ACI that the truck facing University and the one on University were the same truck, and the photo facing the direction Mickey was riding was the only photo of the Z71 I don't know WHAT to believe!

OMG. Can you believe they let this SOB go?! I detest the so called justice system that lets the worst people walk while locking up people who smoke weed! Who impersonates a cop and pulls people over? Somebody very dangerous, that's who.

OMG! Should have locked him up with no bail!

This is absolutely incorrect. Mickey was abducted by person or persons unknown. She will return when they either release her or make a slip that leads either the police or John Abdella to her whearabouts.
Nancy, very distraught mother of Mickey

Ms. Nancy,
I really don't have a clue why there are a few people on here who insist she is a runaway. To me, that is just silly. I try to be open to different opinions, but there is no evidence of deciding to leave on her own. Who would leave before her own birthday, last semester of college, etc.? Not anyone as intelligent as she obviously is. If that isn't enough, I cannot buy that she would toss her bike out like trash. From what we know of her, she loves that bike.

I pray for you everyday that she will make her way home. I apologize that some of the content on this site is surely upsetting to you, please know that most, if not all of us, mean well and want desperately for her to be found.

We feel at times a bit helpless, but we are eyes and hears for you and your family from south Louisiana to California and several countries around the world. We are all here for Mickey. We all want her home now. We are not letting her go until she is home.
God bless you and your family.

Your son has a crew cab. I just drove down Kaliste Saloom and was parked at a red light next to a Silverado Extended Cab Z71. So Chevy makes both cab types.

Since LE told Artis one thing (that both trucks on St. Landry were the same truck, and then turned around and told ACI that the truck facing University and the one on University were the same truck, and the photo facing the direction Mickey was riding was the only photo of the Z71) I don't know WHAT to believe!

I don't understand why LE, of all agencies, cannot get this corrected and defined. I think it would make a good call to one of the local tv stations!

I don't remember who it was yesterday that said he/she saw a vehicle matching the VOI on I-10 in BR, but I saw one yesterday too. I, like the other poster, nearly wrecked trying to get a pick of the license plate. Failed. My phone froze on me and the camera didn't come up until I was out of range to get the pic or attempt to write it down. I need to come up with a dash mount camera holder before I head out in the car again. I will not fail twice.

I think we are looking for an extended cab - not a four door truck.

Also I noticed that there are no bumpers on the side - so does that mean it's like a 2005 to 2009 model?

Also, what do you think is in the back of the truck? leaning against the driver's side wall of the bed of the truck?

Sorry...besides the initial pics released of the truck(s), I've not looked at them.

I don't understand why LE, of all agencies, cannot get this corrected and defined. I think it would make a good call to one of the local tv stations!

It's very troubling to everyone residing in the area, and it has boggled people so much that most are not paying any attention to WT's!!

FWIW I have seen the pacman graffiti in baton rouge in several places (under the interstate etc). I think it's gang related (a symbol). The first one I saw was back in the late 90s when I started LSU.

My guess is that it has no connection to mickeys disappearance.

Just throwing this out there

I agree. I don't really buy that Mickey's disappearance is related to the Pacman graffiti. I also think the abduction was too organized to be a spur of the moment gang-related grab. JMO. More likely it was someone who startled her, had met her before but wasn't a friend, someone she'd seen at school (posing as a student), etc. If it was a complete stranger, more than one person and some force was used.

I wonder if they checked the bar video, or any restaurant, fast food places that were opened around the time. To see if any captures were made of the truck they are still looking for may had been capture on parking lot surveillance video and around the time this occurred?

Just thinking out loud as to where this truck may had been coming from if he was in the area and how they came about following in behind her.

The truck that follows her is the one I am interested in.
Though I am as confused as any about the trucks.

Most locals I know never thought he was connected to her disappearance, sorry for being OT.

I'm a local and I always thought that her disappearance was related to DTL. Mostly because of the surveillance video from the Subway in Port Allen which I believe showed a white single cab pickup like the VOI in that case. She was much older than the other victims, but she was still an attractive brunette. I just feel awful for her family that she was never found. If DTL did it, I wish he would just confess. Instead, he is appealing over and over again. Death row my foot, he'll out-live us all through his appeals!!

Worth mentioning is the fact that there are two other early cases from around the Baker area in which he was suspected, but nothing was ever proven.

If I didn't believe in true evil before DTL, I certainly do now. If you see the court artists pictures of him during Charlotte Murray Pace's trial, he showed no emotion to anything. Her death was violent and brutal from what I've heard/read. Any normal person would have been made sick by hearing such things and seeing pictures of her.

If it was a complete stranger, more than one person and some force was used.

Not necessarily. A police impersonator could get close enough. Someone who looked unthreatening- ie man in a cast, crutches, wheelchair ect- could probably get close enough. Both of these types of senarios have been used in the past successfully to get victims by both SK's and rapists. Bundy used both the cast ruse and the policeman.

I wonder if they checked the bar video, or any restaurant, fast food places that were opened around the time. To see if any captures were made of the truck they are still looking for may had been capture on parking lot surveillance video and around the time this occurred?

Just thinking out loud as to where this truck may had been coming from if he was in the area and how they came about following in behind her.

The truck that follows her is the one I am interested in.
Though I am as confused as any about the trucks.

If they didn't check the bar video, then they are complete idiots. Many of us on here think if she had not been being stalked, then she may have been spotted/chosen at the bar. And, if she had been being stalked, the stalker may still have been there acting strange/watching her.

The media certainly is not helping re: the white truck issue.
They causally mention that LE is still looking for it, but don't bother to ask questions, i.e. WHICH truck, what does it look like exactly, which one is it in the video, point to it for us, etc...JMO

The media certainly is not helping re: the white truck issue.
They causally mention that LE is still looking for it, but don't bother to ask questions, i.e. WHICH truck, what does it look like exactly, which one is it in the video, point to it for us, etc...JMO

I guess I don't understand why this info is not being broadcast by LE on every network news, AMW, NG, JVM - anywhere and everywhere.

I guess I don't understand why this info is not being broadcast by LE on every network news, AMW, NG, JVM - anywhere and everywhere.

Not even mentioned by the family, on their FB pages...what is the story?? If LE really needs to find this truck, it should be on the cover of every news website withing several hundred miles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen