LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I lean more and more everyday to the idea that she left on her own and will come back when she is ready.

This is absolutely incorrect. Mickey was abducted by person or persons unknown. She will return when they either release her or make a slip that leads either the police or John Abdella to her whearabouts.
Nancy, very distraught mother of Mickey

This is absolutely incorrect. Mickey was abducted by person or persons unknown. She will return when they either release her or make a slip that leads either the police or John Abdella to her whearabouts.

Nancy, My heart breaks for you!
I so very much wish I could do something to help.
Love and Prayers from Georgia.

So what truck are they looking for. The Silverado extended cab or the Z71?

IRC, it is a white, Chevy z71 with 18 inch alloy wheels. Year unknown but speculated to be 09, 10, or 11.

My heart goes out to you and your family, Nancy. For the past month, I have thought of Mickey and all of you every day. I am a huge animal lover, like Mickey, and so I understood completely when you said she would come home if she could because her animals need her. I'm praying and hoping for a joyous reunion for all of you very soon.

Could you tell us exactly the model/make of the white pickup truck that is still a vehicle of interest? WS posters are spending much time speculating. Your description of the white pickup truck would be most useful.

Thank you.

Prayers for Mickey

The truck that went in the same direction of Mickey is a white Silverado extented cab. The truck in front of circle K is a Z71.
Right?
They are two different trucks that were shown on St. Landry.

The other truck on University is actually not white - it's cream. Right?

Nancy, we are praying for your family in Houston. I'm so sorry :(

The truck that went in the same direction of Mickey is a white Silverado extented cab. The truck in front of circle K is a Z71.
Right?
They are two different trucks that were shown on St. Landry.

The other truck on University is actually not white - it's cream. Right?

No, I think the truck headed in the same direction as Mickey is a Chevy Z71.
I think?
I can't believe we are this four weeks into this and we can't even be certain which stupid truck we need to look out for!

I'm so confoozed!

The plan to move to NO- was this confirmed? Was a place rented? Were downpayments made? Or was the plan just talk? Anyone know for sure ?
Plan to move ASAP after graduation. That would mean MS had taken the GRE & been accepted at Tulane for MA in anthro. I graduated from UNO anthro program in 1971 (before many of you were born.) wanted to concentrate on open-air sites in foothills of Tauros & Zagros mts. Would prob be in Iranian prison now.
If she hadn't applied to Tulane (don't know if Loyola has MA in anthro, don't think UNO could afford it, prob not enough students, who wants to be hunter-gatherer & raise family on that salary!) they would be looking for apt (uptown, mid-city, Marigny?) but not 'till July or August when summer school let out) would also need job. Could mean funding from parents to tide over. Rent in now high, roommate n almost necessity.

A while back someone said they saw a red Chevy Colorado with the Z71 package that looked identical to the DWT.

I've said all along that the truck, if involved, would have been altered in some way since Mickey's disappearance. I had figured more along the lines of removing the unique accessories on it (gas door, door handles, etc.). I still wonder about that fire at the tool shop where another Chevy had certain items taken from it as well as two pressure washers. My point is the truck's color could have been changed.

The police could still search registrations all over south LA since the truck, when registered, was probably white. Then again, maybe we did find the truck, but not the driver (see article below).

http://www.wafb.com/story/18846917/...vity-at-whiskey-bay-related-to-shunick-search

:truce:

BW bike was reported missing the AM of 5/9 and found in the afternoon of 5/9 reportedly in St Johns cemetery near his house on Ryan St. Supposedly it was found by LE (sheriff) & brought to a higher up that is a cyclist presumably thinking they may know who the bike belonged to.
Sherrif involved in recovering bike from theft??

For what it's worth, Mickey's birthdate is the same day of the year that Pacman came out.

FWIW I have seen the pacman graffiti in baton rouge in several places (under the interstate etc). I think it's gang related (a symbol). The first one I saw was back in the late 90s when I started LSU.

My guess is that it has no connection to mickeys disappearance.

Just throwing this out there

Hello.
I am sorry for your situation.
It is not often we have someone here so close to the person we are investigating. So I thought I would ask.

I have three facts to work with that I have seen as visual aids.
A girl on a bike, A truck following the girl, and later the girls bike being found in water by a bridge.

I am trying to fill in the blanks between the 3 known facts.
To see something more fluid or continuous.

All I have as speculation right now from the 3 known facts are she was followed by a truck.
At some point in her journey she was struck from behind by a truck that was following her as she rode her bike. Which damaged her tire and rim.
Some point after that, she and the person whom struck her, after putting the bike in the back of the truck heading back east. Got to the bridge and either threw it in or walked it down and put it in the water. And then they continued on east.

Two questions.

1.Do you have another piece of fact as a visual aid I could put in the above speculation?
2.Is the above theory or speculation wayyyyyyyy to far outside of the box from what you do know or what the LEOs may know?

If you cannot answer. Its OK I understand.

Nancy, People from all over were touched by your beautiful daughter and family, and we will continue to do whatever we can to help until she is returned home to you.
Sending love to you and your family from New Jersey.

Just wondering if nancyanne has been verified by WS yet..? You really never know who you're talking to online.

Just wondering if nancyanne has been verified by WS yet..? You really never know who you're talking to online.

You are correct.
I have seen that before.
And in this case I do not know the answer to your question.
But to make a guess. I have a strong feeling that she is in fact
the girls mother. If I was uncertain I would not have asked my questions.
But you made a valid point. Its always good to ask to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth