LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions about other posters should be directed to a mod.....look at bottom of page for forum leaders.

Also, I'm on an iPad, so I don't see members listed at the bottom, it's only the posts that I see. (tapatalk app)

Just wondering if nancyanne has been verified by WS yet..? You really never know who you're talking to online.

I think she has been but it was not me who personally verified her so I am not completely comfortable confirming that publicly here.

I will link your question to the owners for direction and input.

Thanks for your patience.

seems fitting...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe4qk7Mijlo"]Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons; Silence is Golden - YouTube[/ame]

So the truck that was traveling in the same direction as mickey on St. Landry is an extended cab and the other truck traveling towards university is a four door, right?

So the one they are looking for is an extended cab?

I'm setting here as if I am waiting for some breaking news.

So the truck that was traveling in the same direction as mickey on St. Landry is an extended cab and the other truck traveling towards university is a four door, right?

So the one they are looking for is an extended cab?

That is one of our unanswered questions. It "looks" like an extended cab to me, but LE identified it as a white four door Chevy Z71. Technically, extended cabs are four doors, except the doors are generally not full size and do not have exterior door handles.

I've never seen LE clarify this. I think the consensus is that if LE says four door, they mean four full size doors.....but really, your guess is as good as mine. :banghead:

Quite a few politicans and stars are Narcissists- different personality disorder.

Narcissism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although you can have a Narcissistic Sociopath- which are one of the dangerous kinds. It's not metaphysical, they just don't pass through the normal stages of human development. Depending on which theory of development you go with, they don't pass through the normal stages- they get stuck. This is usally because of severe abuse or neglect.

True Sociopaths- have no remorse, empathy, conscience. None. They're capacity for any sort of feeling is extremely limited. Pretty good article here: http://depressiond.org/sociopath-sociopathic-personality-disorder/

Most Sociopaths are actually very charming, and highly intelligent- on a superficial level. Ann Rule's book- The Stranger Beside Me- about Ted Bundy does a very good job, imo, of describing one. Ann knew Ted before he was accused of his crimes- before he was caught. They worked together at a Crisis Hotline center. Ann wrote true crime, was a former police officer, and Ted had her fooled for years.

Thanks and I will look at the article.

We have to remember that it's just people who cooked up the DSM and every time it's revised, it's just people voting on what next they'll classify as a disorder. It's extremely influenced by prejudices, politics and political correctness. Sometimes naming and classifying behaviors and manifestations is counterproductive, though I understand the human need to try. However, since that's the way it is, I will say that, in my own judgment, narcissists and sociopaths exist on the same continuum:

<--Narcissist----------------Sociopath-->

With the characteristics of the two overlapping. Once again, I have real life experience with these 'people'. Too bad for me! I've never known a narcissist who wouldn't do anything they feel is necessary to get what they want and I've never known a sociopath who isn't completely self absorbed (though maybe not in the typical, high maintenance way that classic narcissists are). My own high achiever brother is a sociopath and his wife is a classic narcissist and, in fact, I believe she killed my cousin. It's a fascinating subject, for sure. I just wish I could wipe their taint from my life. :(

Okay locals, give a WS'r a hand here. Your best shot on what street she was 'disappeared' on (phrase we used in Kyron's case). Describe the folks who live around there if you can.

I pulled this from Google Maps. The red dot at the top in front of the Lafayette Consolidated Government building is the last place she's confirmed to be see- ie the Video picture. The area around where she disappeared varies according to what route she took. The blue line is the Google map suggested bike route. If she stayed straight on St. Landry, once she is past St. Mary Blvd, she has to travel 2-3 blocks in a deserted area. There is a complex on one side that includes the St. Mary imaging Center, a parking garage, and the Old Lourdes hosptial- which is empty. Directly across the street from St. Mary Imaging is an gravel topped field which was used for parking. There's another parking garage behind the field. Past the empty lot is the Azar Eye Clinic. None of these would be open during the time Mikey traversed it.

If she made it as far as St. Julien, it again depends on what route. St. Julien to Johnston St. has a mixture of office buildings and homes on one side of the street, and large empty parking lots on the other side. If she went straight on St. Landry, she would have 2-3 blocks with homes and an apartment building. Once past Dean street, it's very desolate. On one side there's just a large empty field. On the other side, is the UL Horticulture building. I passed by there a day or two ago, I think I remember there being a small greenhouse?

If she made it as far as Colieseum, it again depends on route. If she went behind Blackham towards Soroity row- very empty. Just fields. If she turned towards Johnston St., it's still empty. You pass in front of the greenhouse, pass a daycare. There wouldn't be people outside there, and it would be very dark.

The homes around in this area are older homes. It's not a high crime area of town. The people that live there are a mix of college students, older adults, and young couples- to the best of my knowledge.

Depending on the route, she could be taken on St. Landry, St. Julien, or Colesieum.

Attachments

• Abduct areas.jpg
    Abduct areas.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 38
Note: this has not been connected to the DWTIQ, but it did catch my attention.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...ersonator-busted-pulling-over-actual-cop?lite

The driver of the WHITE TRUCK identified himself as a "military officer from Louisiana". He was unaware he'd pulled over a real police officer! He was released on "personal recognizance". The releasing part just blows my mind!!!

OMG. Can you believe they let this SOB go?! I detest the so called justice system that lets the worst people walk while locking up people who smoke weed! Who impersonates a cop and pulls people over? Somebody very dangerous, that's who.

That is one of our unanswered questions. It "looks" like an extended cab to me, but LE identified it as a white four door Chevy Z71. Technically, extended cabs are four doors, except the doors are generally not full size and do not have exterior door handles.

I've never seen LE clarify this. I think the consensus is that if LE says four door, they mean four full size doors.....but really, your guess is as good as mine. :banghead:

My sons Silverado has 4 full size doors.

Thanks and I will look at the article.

We have to remember that it's just people who cooked up the DSM and every time it's revised, it's just people voting on what next they'll classify as a disorder. It's extremely influenced by prejudices, politics and political correctness. Sometimes naming and classifying behaviors and manifestations is counterproductive, though I understand the human need to try. However, since that's the way it is, I will say that, in my own judgment, narcissists and sociopaths exist on the same continuum:

<--Narcissist----------------Sociopath-->

With the characteristics of the two overlapping. Once again, I have real life experience with these 'people'. Too bad for me! I've never known a narcissist who wouldn't do anything they feel is necessary to get what they want and I've never known a sociopath who isn't completely self absorbed (though maybe not in the typical, high maintenance way that classic narcissists are). My own high achiever brother is a sociopath and his wife is a classic narcissist and, in fact, I believe she killed my cousin. It's a fascinating subject, for sure. I just wish I could wipe their taint from my life. :(

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with one, much less two. Sometimes I question whether the Social Sciences truly qualify as sciences. There aren't any provable theories really- just trying to fit observations of behavior into boxes. I think the way that mentally ill people and people with certain personality disorders are handled today isn't the best way. While I'm no way advocating the early 19th century method of locking them away from sight, many end up homeless because they're incapable of caring for themselves. Others should be locked up because you can't predict when they're going to go off. Just my opinion of course.

I'll get pictures the St. Landry area and post them. Can't promise it'll be today though.

I pulled this from Google Maps. The red dot at the top in front of the Lafayette Consolidated Government building is the last place she's confirmed to be see- ie the Video picture. The area around where she disappeared varies according to what route she took. The blue line is the Google map suggested bike route. If she stayed straight on St. Landry, once she is past St. Mary Blvd, she has to travel 2-3 blocks in a deserted area. There is a complex on one side that includes the St. Mary imaging Center, a parking garage, and the Old Lourdes hosptial- which is empty. Directly across the street from St. Mary Imaging is an gravel topped field which was used for parking. There's another parking garage behind the field. Past the empty lot is the Azar Eye Clinic. None of these would be open during the time Mikey traversed it.

If she made it as far as St. Julien, it again depends on what route. St. Julien to Johnston St. has a mixture of office buildings and homes on one side of the street, and large empty parking lots on the other side. If she went straight on St. Landry, she would have 2-3 blocks with homes and an apartment building. Once past Dean street, it's very desolate. On one side there's just a large empty field. On the other side, is the UL Horticulture building. I passed by there a day or two ago, I think I remember there being a small greenhouse?

If she made it as far as Colieseum, it again depends on route. If she went behind Blackham towards Soroity row- very empty. Just fields. If she turned towards Johnston St., it's still empty. You pass in front of the greenhouse, pass a daycare. There wouldn't be people outside there, and it would be very dark.

The homes around in this area are older homes. It's not a high crime area of town. The people that live there are a mix of college students, older adults, and young couples- to the best of my knowledge.

Depending on the route, she could be taken on St. Landry, St. Julien, or Colesieum.

That Google route, the blue line. Somewhere in there between the hospital and the businesses that were closed would be a pretty good spot.
If she did go that route, the driver probably knew that area and about the closed hospital and businesses there. Waited for her to reach that area before striking her. Though speculating on that.

One thing about the k store photo. At least we can tell she was not afraid or anything. Or she would have went inside the store for help if she felt threatened in any way from someone following her.

add on ...
Do you think this area has a sidewalk? Just trying to tell if she would have been riding on the sidewalk or in the street. She may have been riding on the right side going with traffic. But I wonder if at any point she realized she was being followed and tried to get away and was struck because of it. May never know the answer to that question.

My sons Silverado has 4 full size doors.

I think we are looking for an extended cab - not a four door truck.

Also I noticed that there are no bumpers on the side - so does that mean it's like a 2005 to 2009 model?

Also, what do you think is in the back of the truck? leaning against the driver's side wall of the bed of the truck?

This is absolutely incorrect. Mickey was abducted by person or persons unknown. She will return when they either release her or make a slip that leads either the police or John Abdella to her whearabouts.
Nancy, very distraught mother of Mickey

I believe you, Nancy. I find notions about Mickey choosing to disappear to be very misguided. Mickey sounds like an incredibly well adjusted and caring young woman and people like that don't disappear on their own.

I woke up, today, thinking of Mickey and your family. I don't know how you keep so composed. I hope you have a ton of emotional support.

One of things that really draws me to Mickey is her love for animals. I know they miss her, too. I'm praying for the day that's she's home, safe and sound, with all of you.

Also I noticed that there are no bumpers on the side - so does that mean it's like a 2005 to 2009 model?

Also, what do you think is in the back of the truck? leaning against the driver's side wall of the bed of the truck?

I guess I also want to know - is this one of those work trucks?

I believe you, Nancy. I find notions about Mickey choosing to disappear to be very misguided. Mickey sounds like an incredibly well adjusted and caring young woman and people like that don't disappear on their own.

I woke up, today, thinking of Mickey and your family. I don't how you keep so composed. I hope you have a ton of emotional support.

One of things that really draws me to Mickey is her love for animals. I know they miss her, too. I'm praying for the day that's she home, safe and sound, with all of you.

Artis - the two pics of the trucks you have attached - those are two different trucks right?

This is absolutely incorrect. Mickey was abducted by person or persons unknown. She will return when they either release her or make a slip that leads either the police or John Abdella to her whearabouts.
Nancy, very distraught mother of Mickey

Ms. Nancy - you & your family are in my thoughts and those of my family constantly.

Most of us on here concluded right away that Mickey would NEVER leave on her own.

We need to bring your girl home! Sending love and positivity your way, ktgirl

Since the police have the actual video, it would be nice if they'd clarify the details. I cannot fathom why they haven't done so and I think it's negligent.

* Thinking of you Mickey Love *

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members