LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather than respond individually, I will respond collectively to the "locals".

Again, thanks so much.

I asked the "Mods", what is required to verify a poster/member/local?

There are several "locals" posting. (Thanks)

I repeat, if this happened in my community, I would be vigilant and posting aggressively. I would verify myself, just to make a point and to be "taken seriously". I would certainly post pics, (as many have).

I am frustrated that a few credible posters have gone.

So, how do we proceed?

Mods? Admin?

:moo::moo::moo:

It's under "The Rules": [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167277"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167277[/ame]

Apology if this has already been covered.

The truck in question is a 4 door and it does have door handles on the outside. Rear doors are very close in size and open just like the front. Own one just like the one in question except for color. Mine is 07 and it is identical up to the 2012 models. The suggestion that it is 09, 10 or 11 isn't correct at all.

/And google or bing is your friend

See, I have to ask which truck in question? The one facing University, about to turn left? Or the one headed in the same direction as Mickey on St Landry?

We really aren't hearing very much about the truck in our local media. The only pic media really shows is the truck about to turn left onto University. And they dont show it often, eithet! IF that is not the same truck as the one headed in thevsame direction as Mickey, the driver may really not know they are looking for him! Believe me, we have discussed this truck on Websleuths a billion times more than it is being mentioned by our stupid media. (remember, this is the same media that cannot seem to get ONE CLEAR DISCRIPTION OF THE TRUCK TAGGED TO ONE PHOTO.). (kgeaux is a lil frustrated with local media.)

Now, to address your other question: I have personally witnessed two searches done by the Cajun Dome, led by LE. In one search, LE put up crime scene tape in a field between Fraternity Row, Cajun Field and the Cajun Dome. The next day, I witnessed LE out in roughly the same area, but not exactly, with K9 dogs. That same day, I saw officers and dogs in the fields behind Blackham Coliseum.

I don't know if anything was found, LE says not, but that one area with the roped off area really continues to hold my attention.

Now, as for volunteer searches, I've seen some people going through a densely wooded area next to Vermilion Bayou. I think that was a volunter search for Mickey, but I never confirmed that.

ETA BBM

Not local so must ask is this close to city hall?

We really aren't hearing very much about the truck in our local media. The only pic media really shows is the truck about to turn left onto University. And they dont show it often, eithet! IF that is not the same truck as the one headed in thevsame direction as Mickey, the driver may really not know they are looking for him! Believe me, we have discussed this truck on Websleuths a billion times more than it is being mentioned by our stupid media. (remember, this is the same media that cannot seem to get ONE CLEAR DISCRIPTION OF THE TRUCK TAGGED TO ONE PHOTO.). (kgeaux is a lil frustrated with local media.)

Now, to address your other question: I have personally witnessed two searches done by the Cajun Dome, led by LE. In one search, LE put up crime scene tape in a field between Fraternity Row, Cajun Field and the Cajun Dome. The next day, I witnessed LE out in roughly the same area, but not exactly, with K9 dogs. That same day, I saw officers and dogs in the fields behind Blackham Coliseum.

I don't know if anything was found, LE says not, but that one area with the roped off area really continues to hold my attention.

Now, as for volunteer searches, I've seen some people going through a densely wooded area next to Vermilion Bayou. I think that was a volunter search for Mickey, but I never confirmed that.

oh yes, i was here for MANY of the truck discussions - the reason i had to take a break, well been busy too.

verrrry interesting about the tape set up around the dome and frat row. i went to UL for one semester in 2005, but am not familiar with the dome area. just the street that our lady of wisdom is on (embarrassed that i can't remember street - it's prob University or St. Mary) and girard park (would walk there). annnnyway, didn't bayou becky's video imply that the area you saw tape is a dark area that would have been "ideal" for snatching someone or was that souvenir gate?

Rather than respond individually, I will respond collectively to the "locals".

Again, thanks so much.

I asked the "Mods", what is required to verify a poster/member/local?

There are several "locals" posting. (Thanks)

I repeat, if this happened in my community, I would be vigilant and posting aggressively. I would verify myself, just to make a point and to be "taken seriously". I would certainly post pics, (as many have).

I am frustrated that a few credible posters have gone.

So, how do we proceed?

Mods? Admin?

:moo::moo::moo:

Alert your own post with the little red triangle in the upper right corner and it will go to a mod...

I wish LE would have a presser not only to clarify the DWT issue, but also just to get the case front and center again. I believe that if there was more talk on MSM it might cause the perp to become nervous and do something out of the ordinary that someone might notice. I have a concern that he is becoming more and more comfortable because LE and MSM have become so complacent.

I totally agree. Pressers keep the victim in the minds of the public. That's critical because it might cause someone out there to note something, like odd behavior on the part of someone they know, a missing truck, or anything else that might break the case.

I agree. I don't post because there is nothing to post. I have my theory and have stated it. However, the only people we can sleuth are named POI's and that's not an easy thing for non-locals. Additionally - I doubt we can come up with any info on the named POI that LE doesn't already know. Any info we dig up on other people, we can't post - therefore nothing new. And LE doesn't seem interested in helping you locals to help them find the DWT or MS. The locals are a valuable resource that isn't being used IMO.

We can talk the DWT for the next 12 months - but there is nothing else to say about it. It's all been said. I skim through the posts here hoping there is something new, but there hasn't been. So I usually don't waste the space by posting.

It's not that any of us have given up on finding MS - there's just not much we can do. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this is going to have a happy ending.

Who is a named POI?

I agree. I don't post because there is nothing to post. I have my theory and have stated it. However, the only people we can sleuth are named POI's and that's not an easy thing for non-locals. Additionally - I doubt we can come up with any info on the named POI that LE doesn't already know. Any info we dig up on other people, we can't post - therefore nothing new. And LE doesn't seem interested in helping you locals to help them find the DWT or MS. The locals are a valuable resource that isn't being used IMO.

We can talk the DWT for the next 12 months - but there is nothing else to say about it. It's all been said. I skim through the posts here hoping there is something new, but there hasn't been. So I usually don't waste the space by posting.

It's not that any of us have given up on finding MS - there's just not much we can do. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this is going to have a happy ending.

BBM

what POI? you mean just the maddening white truck, right? i don't know of any POI

Guys, we have been warned REPEATEDLY not to bash LE. Let's not get the thread shut down again, please....

I am not seeing any "bashing".

One more thing.
Everyone here seems to be walking on eggshells.
We have still not received any answers from Admin re: recent controversy.

I have asked a few times now about being "verified".
I directed my query to Mods.
No answer so far.

Listen, I understand there may be legal issues involved.

WS, please..............
can you please respond?

Thanks. :waitasec:

I am still here, not going anywhere. I hit a wall too.
Today I was doing errands with my dog sitting in the front of the car with me. We were at a stop light, in Georgia, I looked up and a man in the lane next to me was smiling at my dog. I kind of waved like "yeah, she is cute". The light changed and he pulled forward and it hit me he was driving a white pick up. I got the creeps! But, it was a dodge. ..
Some of us may have DWTIQPTSD

since the media and LE aren't keeping her name out there, how does one go about with fliers?

i have only seen 2 in baton rouge - at reginellis on campus (but by the time we were done with dinner, they had taken it down - and this was 2 weeks ago) and at Which Which off siegen

there were none at any of the boutiques or at Christ the King on campus. nothing at Izzos or La Madeleines nor Voodoo bbq on campus!

Just a note/helpful hint for those who may not know...

If you have a question for a mod, you can easily contact them directly by scrolling down and going to View Forum Leaders at which point you will be able to see which mods are online and you can then PM them your question. I have learned mods are very accessible and kind and helpful. If you are unsure if you can post something, the best idea is to contact them directly and ask!!!!!! If your post is not within TOS, they will let you know.

Bumping my post on how to contact a mod! Hope it helps!

Maybe if we can try and determine areas searched.

This will require help from the locals that have seen the areas searched maybe that will give us some clue and a sense of direction.

The timeline helps but it is simply the timeline of the family for the most part. Nothing confirmed.

okay, I just wanna make sure I understand this correctly- the field between the Cajundome, Cajun Field, and frat row.... The Cajundome sits across Souvenier Gate from frat row. In between the frat row & Cajun Field there's a park-like area where the bike path goes that leads into the larger bike path oval loop/park across from the student rec center. So they had the small park-area where the bike path runs next to frat row (between frat row and Cajundome Blvd) taped off & were searching? The area by the Louisiana Accelerator Center's building (this a small, uber-quiet building that I never see any activity at when I run in the area- it sits facing frat row with the bike path/a small grassy area with Cajundome Blvd behind it)? I am posting a link to a UL map here for non-locals to see what I am talking about. You have to scroll down to the "university common" map rather than look at the main campus one: http://louisiana.edu/AboutUs/CampusMap.pdf

Hi, I have a question which someone might answer about the bike path. Early in the search there was a mention of the possibility that Mickey might have gone over to ride a stretch of a bike path which runs thru the campus. Now that caught my eye because where I live there is a bike/jogging trail which is very popular, but at night and early morning is very dangerous. Many attacks happen there even with a heavy police presence. Does anyone have an idea about how it is security wise in Lafayette? If she rode it regularly at night, could an attacker just wait for her to come by? I just keep thinking about this possibility. Any info. On it?
Chi-M

what recent controversy? was someone on here claiming to be someone they are not?

the silence here is creeping me out. i keep checking local news to see if i'm missing something.

also, no one hsas answered me about whiskey searches. are there new searches there?

okay, I just wanna make sure I understand this correctly- the field between the Cajundome, Cajun Field, and frat row.... The Cajundome sits across Souvenier Gate from frat row. In between the frat row & Cajun Field there's a park-like area where the bike path goes that leads into the larger bike path oval loop/park across from the student rec center. So they had the small park-area where the bike path runs next to frat row (between frat row and Cajundome Blvd) taped off & were searching? The area by the Louisiana Accelerator Center's building? I am posting a link to a UL map here for non-locals to see what I am talking about. You have to scroll down to the "university common" map rather than look at the main campus one.

BBM:
Would love the link...Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads