LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. To get to that area, Mickey would have ridden all the way down St. Landry, and either headed directly to the bike trail behind Blackham Coliseum, or if she followed the route that the hospital security guard had noted on previous nights, she would have turned left onto St. Julien, taken Johnston to the Coliseum and either taken a spooky dark road alongside the Coliseum (one of the fields I saw being searched was down that road) OR she'd have passed the Coliseum and turned onto Cajun Dome Blvd (bigger, more lit road)

As you travel to the Coliseum, you come across Reinhardt-----this is Souviner Gate with a different name. IF you turned RIGHT on Reinhardt, you'd come to a little side street called Fraternity Row....the areas being searched were in a grassy field on the Fraternity Row side of Reinhardt, right before Fraternity Row.

Now, if Mickey had taken St Julien to Johnston to Cajun Dome Blvd, she would NOT have turned right on Reinhardt.....she would have turned left, crossed Bertrand and gotten onto Congress. HOWEVER, if Mickey took the dark spooky road behind the Coliseum, she would have passed that field by Fraternity Row.

SO, kgeaux thinks LE was going on the theory that Mickey took St. Landry and went directly toward the rear of the Coliseum, that they believed she did not turn onto St Julien.

They were probably searching every possible route she could possibly have taken, and these are just the ones I happened to see.

Okay, that makes sense. Desolate back there.

No. To get to that area, Mickey would have ridden all the way down St. Landry, and either headed directly to the bike trail behind Blackham Coliseum, or if she followed the route that the hospital security guard had noted on previous nights, she would have turned left onto St. Julien, taken Johnston to the Coliseum and either taken a spooky dark road alongside the Coliseum (one of the fields I saw being searched was down that road) OR she'd have passed the Coliseum and turned onto Cajun Dome Blvd (bigger, more lit road)

As you travel to the Coliseum, you come across Reinhardt-----this is Souviner Gate with a different name. IF you turned RIGHT on Reinhardt, you'd come to a little side street called Fraternity Row....the areas being searched were in a grassy field on the Fraternity Row side of Reinhardt, right before Fraternity Row.

Now, if Mickey had taken St Julien to Johnston to Cajun Dome Blvd, she would NOT have turned right on Reinhardt.....she would have turned left, crossed Bertrand and gotten onto Congress. HOWEVER, if Mickey took the dark spooky road behind the Coliseum, she would have passed that field by Fraternity Row.

SO, kgeaux thinks LE was going on the theory that Mickey took St. Landry and went directly toward the rear of the Coliseum, that they believed she did not turn onto St Julien.

They were probably searching every possible route she could possibly have taken, and these are just the ones I happened to see.

So they actually had dogs and crime scene tape up in this area?

Or did they put the crime scene tape up at all the areas?

Not sure if you noticed or not but thought I would ask because I do believe they have an idea as to the route she did take.

This information is awesome btw. Now to get it all on a map rofl

Not sure if you noticed or not but thought I would ask because I do believe they have an idea as to the route she did take.

Many threads ago TexasLil (who is frequently confused with me, lol) posted an awesome map. If anyone has the link to that map and is good with updating, maybe the search areas could be added to the map?

oh yes, i was here for MANY of the truck discussions - the reason i had to take a break, well been busy too.

verrrry interesting about the tape set up around the dome and frat row. i went to UL for one semester in 2005, but am not familiar with the dome area. just the street that our lady of wisdom is on (embarrassed that i can't remember street - it's prob University or St. Mary) and girard park (would walk there). annnnyway, didn't bayou becky's video imply that the area you saw tape is a dark area that would have been "ideal" for snatching someone or was that souvenir gate?

There is at least one other local who witnessed this. I haven't seen him post in awhile, not sure where he is!

Lady of Wisdom is on St. Mary!

The field behind the Coliseum is sorta isolated, at least at night, and would not be well lit. And Souviner Gate is surely dark! But the taped off area was by the Cajun Dome....it would have more traffic passing by, and is more well lit.

I think LE probably had a tip that something was in that grassy area, and they followed proper protocol to conduct the search. I also believe that whatever was there, it turned out to be unrelated to Mickey.

I'm just glad they treated the area as though it might hold evidence, I'm glad they took the K9s out there. I'm just sorry it apparently didn't pan out.

Many threads ago TexasLil (who is frequently confused with me, lol) posted an awesome map. If anyone has the link to that map and is good with updating, maybe the search areas could be added to the map?

That is right. I am blonde so please pardon the times I got it mixed up :giggle:

I will look for that map and if the locals can recall as much about the search areas specifically the ones with dogs and crime scene tape then i can update it.

Unless someone else would like to volunteer :angel:

Have the LE searches been in the last few days?

how long ago did this taped search take place

No, no! All three of these searches occurred while the volunteer search headquarters was housed at Our Lady of Wisdom church.

If we can put areas that have been searched on a map then we might get some ideas as to what is happening.

A long shot but I don't believe at this point in time it can hurt as I would think they would be searching along the path they believe she took.

I really think they just searched every possible route she could have taken.

And we only know of a few of the volunteer searches....the parking garage next to OLOL, the hospital grounds, we know a fellow poster took his boat out and went up and down the Vermilion, we know ACI and others searched St. Landry and the intersecting streets, but I don't think we have enough information to make a map that would accurately show what areas have been searched.

No, no! All three of these searches occurred while the volunteer search headquarters was housed at Our Lady of Wisdom church.

I really think they just searched every possible route she could have taken.

And we only know of a few of the volunteer searches....the parking garage next to OLOL, the hospital grounds, we know a fellow poster took his boat out and went up and down the Vermilion, we know ACI and others searched St. Landry and the intersecting streets, but I don't think we have enough information to make a map that would accurately show what areas have been searched.

You are probably right! I don't believe that she got that far but then again maybe she did. LE though would probably not use volunteers or dogs in areas they did not think she went.

Anyway here is Texaslil's map and it is awesome.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...0&ll=30.190615,-92.0753&spn=0.037688,0.055189

The only tape I saw was in a grassy area between the Cajun Dome and fraternity row.

I can't believe everybody is paying attention to this info now! Another local and I discussed this in one of the earlier threads......we didn't get much attention back then!

Thanks, I looked a few times. Not a newb to forums. I just didn't see that.

????????????

I think the confusion might be when viewing the forum on a smartphone using tapatalk the view is very different and there are no names listed. It would be great if there was some forum section to goto to get that info for those of us using an app to view the forum.:)

I don't understand why LE, of all agencies, cannot get this corrected and defined. I think it would make a good call to one of the local tv stations!

Other than WS I have never heard that they are two different trucks. I took some time today and read every news story out there and never did I see that being said. The main find Mickey page refers to the truck pics but it doesn't state they are different trucks. It states that the one with the truck bed has been cleared.

To me, it's very obvious that the trucks are the same and extremely obvious that neither have a truck bed. Just an opinion though.

OK - let me try again. Does this look like the same kind of truck?

That is too blurry for me to tell. Sorry.

Gotta go, friends, hubby just walked in. Keep the Faith for Mickey!

I'm not criticizing, just looking for clarity.

I posted 3 posts addressing Mods, I alerted 3 threads on advice of another member. I'm sorry. But. :(

Bunny, be patient my friend. The mods are busy people. :)

The only tape I saw was in a grassy area between the Cajun Dome and fraternity row.

I can't believe everybody is paying attention to this info now! Another local and I discussed this in one of the earlier threads......we didn't get much attention back then!

I think what happens at the beginning is that there is alot of hope, various ideas, TES comes in with alot of valuable tools and knowledge, and of course alot of hope that this will turn out well and the person is found quickly.

Then comes the frustration part. Where we have been for a few weeks now. Like bessie suggested with the timeline we have to go back to the beginning, as expectations may be a bit different now. Revisiting some of this may at least pass the time and you never know maybe someone will suggest something.

I will state that there is alot of activity in New Orleans. Whether that is pertaining to Mickey I don't know.

A week of two ago, Abdella said he had some leads that he'd been working on. He said that he had a suspect or suspects, and would release their description with LE's approval. AFAIK, that was the last we heard of it. I only have to hope that LE has a suspect. Otherwise, it's a shame that they haven't let Abdella give more details to the public. I hope that LPD internal affairs aren't getting in the way of a thorough investigation. MOO

I do know that the initial volunteers searched closer to her home. One place in particular is Chargpis Park. Please dont think this means anything. This was on Sunday, before LE got involved or there were any videos. It was just close to her expected route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne