LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bumping my post because I didn't get a reply, but after seeing the clip of Mrs. Nancy and the newscaster saying they are painting the town with Mickey fliers, I can't help but think that we need to get the fliers out of town, ya know? like in other cities. I'm serious that I'm really not seeing them in Baton Rouge. Nothing at the mall or in town center or in Perkin's row. None at Whole Foods. Oh, I think I saw one at Wendy's. So I've see 3 total. That's it!

Also, I was at Orange Beach and there was nothing there. Vacation spots may be good places to hang them - like at Publix - because of many people from surrounding states being there on holiday. We all know how many people from Louisiana go to Orange Beach, Destin, Pensacola, Sand Destin. I mean we literally paint the beach with LSU gear. You can't miss us. If everyone brought fliers on their vacation, that would be awesome! I'm just not sure how businesses respond to this, however. Do I just ask the little girl at the boutique Vertigo if I can hang one? Are most businesses "cool" about this?

I think rest stops would be a good place to put fliers. I don't usually stop at rest stops but I am driving to Florida soon. I will stop at rest stops and put them up.

I'm bumping my post because I didn't get a reply, but after seeing the clip of Mrs. Nancy and the newscaster saying they are painting the town with Mickey fliers, I can't help but think that we need to get the fliers out of town, ya know? like in other cities. I'm serious that I'm really not seeing them in Baton Rouge. Nothing at the mall or in town center or in Perkin's row. None at Whole Foods. Oh, I think I saw one at Wendy's. So I've see 3 total. That's it!

Also, I was at Orange Beach and there was nothing there. Vacation spots may be good places to hang them - like at Publix - because of many people from surrounding states being there on holiday. We all know how many people from Louisiana go to Orange Beach, Destin, Pensacola, Sand Destin. I mean we literally paint the beach with LSU gear. You can't miss us. If everyone brought fliers on their vacation, that would be awesome! I'm just not sure how businesses respond to this, however. Do I just ask the little girl at the boutique Vertigo if I can hang one? Are most businesses "cool" about this?

Target on Siegen told me no, they wouldn't post it in the store but would post it in their employee break room. Dick's Sporting Goods at the mall said no as well (and no offer to put it in break room).....

Observation says you are not wrong. It's troubling, to say the least. I think it's extremely naive to have unfounded faith in LE "just because" and a lot of people do. They need to have pressers to indicate what they are doing, even if there's information that can't be revealed. It IS possible to do that.

Agreed. They should want the case to remain on people's minds, just in case someone sees something relevant. Until the case is solved, they should want the public to be paying attention.

BTW - it's a video and there are four pictures of the truck in the video. And, yes I have the video. I just took a portion out because I wanted you guys to tell me if you thought it looked the same. There was a car guy on the forum a long time ago. I would really like for him to look at it and he could private message me if he likes. I don't know his name, but he is the one who had a lot to say about the four door car on St. Landry that night. He said he deals in cars or something - or that he really knows cars. etc.

there was a truck knowledge guy on just a while ago. vodoo something. i think. he ended his post with "whew, that's the most I typed since college" or something along those lines. it should be a few pages back. it was a paragraph about the model and years of these trucks

BTW - it's a video and there are four pictures of the truck in the video. And, yes I have the video. I just took a portion out because I wanted you guys to tell me if you thought it looked the same. There was a car guy on the forum a long time ago. I would really like for him to look at it and he could private message me if he likes. I don't know his name, but he is the one who had a lot to say about the four door car on St. Landry that night. He said he deals in cars or something - or that he really knows cars. etc.

Please tell me you have contacted LE or a PI about this!

ETA: And yes, in that it is pixelated image of a DWT, it looks the same.

OT: Sandusky guilty.

Send him to Federal pound-me-in-the-*** prison, and let the karma police do the rest.

MIABELLA- please answer if you can...Or what you can of these questions (and the WSer you are refering to with car knowledge is chickenfried).

1) have you shown this to LE, Abdella, and ACI?
2) Can you tell us where exactly this was taken? Or maybe just the nearby streets? May lead to more pics of the truck along its route if we have a better idea where it was and where he/she was headed if it is THE DWT.
3) it looks the same to me EXCEPT that I am pretty sure the door handles on the DWT from the Circle K pic are either blacker chrome door handles. I cannot tell if this truck has white door handles or colored ones. Can you tell easier when you look at the pic?
4) just double-checking- this was taken the night Mickey disappeared, right?
(and I'd love to know how/where you got these pics...)
Thanks!

Cheeburger Cheeburger has one on their door. That's the only one I've seen in town (baton rouge), however I have seen the digital billboards with her photo and information.

Spanish cava, sweetie, or chamomile tea

Thanks Dona. I am a student of natural medicine, so If I have to medicate I would do St Johns Wort. Chamomile makes me woozy, and then I am out like a light. I need to function to help find Miss Mickey. ;)

LA

since the media and LE aren't keeping her name out there, how does one go about with fliers?

i have only seen 2 in baton rouge - at reginellis on campus (but by the time we were done with dinner, they had taken it down - and this was 2 weeks ago) and at Which Which off siegen

there were none at any of the boutiques or at Christ the King on campus. nothing at Izzos or La Madeleines nor Voodoo bbq on campus!

You can go to the Find Mickey Now webpage and download the flyer here: They have instructions on how to save and print the flyer.

http://findmickeynow.com/#flyers

You can also email findmickeyshunick@yahoo.com and they will e-mail you a pdf file.

There is also a lot of other useful links and information at www.findmickeynow.com

Hope that helps

isn't there ANYONE that has connections with someone in LPD? i'm just DYING to know why they won't address the people. even it's just to say they have nothing new, but are still trying. doesn't ACI have connections? or can't he at least talk to them?

Miabella-
Is there something about the video that leads you to believe that Mickey left on her own accord?

Cheeburger Cheeburger has one on their door. That's the only one I've seen in town (baton rouge), however I have seen the digital billboards with her photo and information.

yes i saw the digital too. that's a biggie. i'm still irritated about the little places not putting them up. i know they get the whole, well if we put them up for her then we have to put them up for everyone. but not everyone asks to have them put up. i doubt the same business in the same location gets asked more than once a year to put up a missing flier, if that.

Target on Siegen told me no, they wouldn't post it in the store but would post it in their employee break room. Dick's Sporting Goods at the mall said no as well (and no offer to put it in break room).....

Looks Like I need to go back to Baton Rouge, put on a short skirt and visit some bike shops, cafes, and auto body repair shops.

I used to sell Yellow book. If I can do that I can get MS flyers out.

Send me some flyers, I get paid again on the 30th. Hopefully we will not need me to do it at that point, but if we do I will go.

LA

Ok I'll telll why I think it's the headed in Mickeys direction, but it will take a second. I've had every body style truck that Chevrolet has ever made all the way back to the 50's. Note I didn't say every year. Usually when something like that is designed, it stays the same for several years before changing as technology changes. Truck owners know their trucks and usually won't drive anything else. Like chickenfried could tell the roof line, back windshiels shape or tail light placement, I can see the lines and body contours of the trucks and other detail. IMO and beyond that I believe the truck making the turn is the previous line of trucks to the newer body style. Plus it doesn't set like a Z71 sets on the road, it appears to be lowered to me. Making me think it is the same as the other truck that was pictured that was not in front of Circle K. On top of that no Z71 sticker(granted it could be missing due to accident or purposely removed) plus I would add in that the wheels on the turning truck appear to be chrome. The Z71 18 inch alloys are dull in appearance on the one headed in Mickeys direction. Most of the alloys are, though there is one truck package that does have a shinier alloy. And *whew* I haven't typed that much since I was in college.

/I didn't proof read.

for MiaBella, above is the truck expert's opinion. he posted the above earlier tonight as well as the quote below. you should message him

Apology if this has already been covered.

The truck in question is a 4 door and it does have door handles on the outside. Rear doors are very close in size and open just like the front. Own one just like the one in question except for color. Mine is 07 and it is identical up to the 2012 models. The suggestion that it is thought to be only a 09, 10 or 11 isn't correct at all. Really though if you parked every model from 07 to 12 side by side you won't be able to tell them apart. From the front you might see a little difference in the amount of chrome, but not in shape.

/And google or bing is your friend

The reason I ask if it looks the same is because this pic was taken the same night within a couple of miles or so from city hall. It was taken a little while after the one at city hall was taken. So it was in the area and I was just wondering if anyone thought maybe it could be the same truck that is in front of city hall.

Not sure this is any improvement. Looks like there is a box on the hood? Did you see a box in the video? For the most part it does not look the same to me but there are some similarities.

Attachments

• miabellatruck.jpg
    miabellatruck.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 99
Since searchers were asked not
To disclose searched areas, I don't think making a map would be good idea. I mean, obviously several of us saw areas that were searched but i think making it public could compromise the investigation. What if the perp moves evidence because of the map?
MOO. This is the 1st case I follow on WS & I've been randomly reading other MP threads and that seems the norm? I may be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne