LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that Tim Miller and Texas Equusearch generally will not leave unless there is absolutely nothing left to search, staying puts members at risk, or they are asked to discontinue searching.

Some people think he is crazy, but that man has been through hell, and still does his best to help out others in the same situation he is/was in.

I kind of wonder why they REALLY left?

------
Tim Miller- Texas Equuisearch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

First post, and wanted to relay Tim Miller's parting thoughts/comments.

He did an interview with KATC which was edited down, then aired. Here are some bullet points paraphrased:

~We did not get the luck we needed on this one

~We have been very thorough, including working till 330 a.m. one night and bringing in equipment from Indiana.

~Time to let the police department run from here. And, they are a very capable unit.

~Made comments regarding the power of the river. Said he was not sure they would ever find Mickey if she was in there.

~Said they are only four hours away and will be back if needed/new developments.

~Said there is a very small sliver of hope that remains (referring to Mickey being alive). Then followed up that he thought Elizabeth Smart was dead, which she obviously wasn't.

~Also, said it was to be in "God's timing."

I am so grateful for these professionals who do what they do. Which includes providing comfort to the families.

THANK YOU TEXAS EQUIISEARCH!! God bless you all.

IMPondering

I think what happens at the beginning is that there is alot of hope, various ideas, TES comes in with alot of valuable tools and knowledge, and of course alot of hope that this will turn out well and the person is found quickly.

Then comes the frustration part. Where we have been for a few weeks now. Like bessie suggested with the timeline we have to go back to the beginning, as expectations may be a bit different now. Revisiting some of this may at least pass the time and you never know maybe someone will suggest something.

I will state that there is alot of activity in New Orleans. Whether that is pertaining to Mickey I don't know.

bolded/italicized by me.
What does "activity" mean? Scanner maybe? Or are you seeing police out in full force somewhere or something?

The reason I ask if it looks the same is because this pic was taken the same night within a couple of miles or so from city hall. It was taken a little while after the one at city hall was taken. So it was in the area and I was just wondering if anyone thought maybe it could be the same truck that is in front of city hall.

Attachments

• whitetrucksmall.bmp
    24.5 KB · Views: 83
Okay, I gathered from another forum that the "activity" in New Orleans could be a reported sigting TexasEqussearch's truck in the city. I'd think it might be related to this rather than Mickey or Jaren Lockhart (any of her remains that didn't wash ashore- I think her feet and hands didn't - I hated writing that btw).
There's a missing 12 year old girl from New Orleans East. :(

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news...East/-/9853400/15195614/-/ttrrs0/-/index.html

The reason I ask if it looks the same is because this pic was taken the same night within a couple of miles or so from city hall. It was taken a little while after the one at city hall was taken. So it was in the area and I was just wondering if anyone thought maybe it could be the same truck that is in front of city hall.

1) have you shown this to LE, Abdella, and ACI?
2) Can you tell us where exactly this was taken? Or maybe just the nearby streets? May lead to more pics of the truck along its route if we have a better idea where it was and where he/she was headed if it is THE DWT.
3) it looks the same to me EXCEPT that I am pretty sure the door handles on the DWT from the Circle K pic are either blacker chrome door handles. I cannot tell if this truck has white door handles or colored ones. Can you tell easier when you look at the pic?
4) just double-checking- this was taken the night Mickey disappeared, right?
(and I'd love to know how/where you got these pics...)
Thanks!

I am going to try and get some clarity in photoshop. Looks very similar to me. Difficult to tell though...

BBM: Who took this picture? Where did this picture come from, please. TIA

it certainly could be. REALLY hard to say though because it's so blurry and small

I am still here, not going anywhere. I hit a wall too.
Today I was doing errands with my dog sitting in the front of the car with me. We were at a stop light, in Georgia, I looked up and a man in the lane next to me was smiling at my dog. I kind of waved like "yeah, she is cute". The light changed and he pulled forward and it hit me he was driving a white pick up. I got the creeps! But, it was a dodge. ..
Some of us may have DWTIQPTSD

I surely do, I may need to self medicate with natural meds.

LA

Look in the back of the pickup truck. Now look in the back of the pickup truck at city hall. Do you see what I see? Something is in the back of both of these trucks. Like some sort of box or thing leaning against the drivers side of the truck bed. Do you see it?

since the media and LE aren't keeping her name out there, how does one go about with fliers?

i have only seen 2 in baton rouge - at reginellis on campus (but by the time we were done with dinner, they had taken it down - and this was 2 weeks ago) and at Which Which off siegen

there were none at any of the boutiques or at Christ the King on campus. nothing at Izzos or La Madeleines nor Voodoo bbq on campus!

I'm bumping my post because I didn't get a reply, but after seeing the clip of Mrs. Nancy and the newscaster saying they are painting the town with Mickey fliers, I can't help but think that we need to get the fliers out of town, ya know? like in other cities. I'm serious that I'm really not seeing them in Baton Rouge. Nothing at the mall or in town center or in Perkin's row. None at Whole Foods. Oh, I think I saw one at Wendy's. So I've see 3 total. That's it!

Also, I was at Orange Beach and there was nothing there. Vacation spots may be good places to hang them - like at Publix - because of many people from surrounding states being there on holiday. We all know how many people from Louisiana go to Orange Beach, Destin, Pensacola, Sand Destin. I mean we literally paint the beach with LSU gear. You can't miss us. If everyone brought fliers on their vacation, that would be awesome! I'm just not sure how businesses respond to this, however. Do I just ask the little girl at the boutique Vertigo if I can hang one? Are most businesses "cool" about this?

I clarified it a little. I will have to send it to myself to post it. It does look similar. The tailgate looks down. I don't see the black door handles. Very very difficult to make anything of it. I know there are others here that can work photoshop better than I.

Look in the back of the pickup truck. Now look in the back of the pickup truck at city hall. Do you see what I see? Something is in the back of both of these trucks. Like some sort of box or thing leaning against the drivers side of the truck bed. Do you see it?

Maybe. But I've seen everything and everyone in the pics by Circle K and finally came to the conclusion that I saw nothing at all except a truck.
I see handle bars propped up against the back window of the cab but probably just cause I wanna see it, not cause it's there.....:banghead:

BTW - it's a video and there are four pictures of the truck in the video. And, yes I have the video. I just took a portion out because I wanted you guys to tell me if you thought it looked the same. There was a car guy on the forum a long time ago. I would really like for him to look at it and he could private message me if he likes. I don't know his name, but he is the one who had a lot to say about the four door car on St. Landry that night. He said he deals in cars or something - or that he really knows cars. etc.

I'm bumping my post because I didn't get a reply, but after seeing the clip of Mrs. Nancy and the newscaster saying they are painting the town with Mickey fliers, I can't help but think that we need to get the fliers out of town, ya know? like in other cities. I'm serious that I'm really not seeing them in Baton Rouge. Nothing at the mall or in town center or in Perkin's row. None at Whole Foods. Oh, I think I saw one at Wendy's. So I've see 3 total. That's it!

Also, I was at Orange Beach and there was nothing there. Vacation spots may be good places to hang them - like at Publix - because of many people from surrounding states being there on holiday. We all know how many people from Louisiana go to Orange Beach, Destin, Pensacola, Sand Destin. I mean we literally paint the beach with LSU gear. You can't miss us. If everyone brought fliers on their vacation, that would be awesome! I'm just not sure how businesses respond to this, however. Do I just ask the little girl at the boutique Vertigo if I can hang one? Are most businesses "cool" about this?

I think there is a link to the flyers on the "Find Mickey" FB page...from what I gather in other cases, most businesses are agreeable to posting flyers of missing persons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx