LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Target on Siegen told me no, they wouldn't post it in the store but would post it in their employee break room. Dick's Sporting Goods at the mall said no as well (and no offer to put it in break room).....

That is terrible.

why did so many get put on timeout last night? just a brief explanation. like LE bashing or sleuthing up the wrong tree etc. i don't need details. is ACI punished too?

Not sure this is any improvement. Looks like there is a box on the hood? Did you see a box in the video? For the most part it does not look the same to me but there are some similarities.

I am not an expert by any means, but to me, this truck bed looks longer, and something about the passenger window is different.

Now, let's watch dejavoodoo64 prove me wrong! (I really suck at the truck thing!)

Since searchers were asked not
To disclose searched areas, I don't think making a map would be good idea. I mean, obviously several of us saw areas that were searched but i think making it public could compromise the investigation. What if the perp moves evidence because of the map?
MOO. This is the 1st case I follow on WS & I've been randomly reading other MP threads and that seems the norm? I may be wrong.

That is true, it is not a good idea to post any maps or details about areas that have been searched and supposedly cleared.

why did so many get put on timeout last night? just a brief explanation. like LE bashing or sleuthing up the wrong tree etc. i don't need details. is ACI punished too?

We were told several times to quit discussing the PI's and don't bash LE.

It's been 5 long weeks since Mickey was last seen safe and well. Another Friday night is coming to a close with no sign of Mickey. I feel terrible for her family, friends, animals, and students.

I sure hope something big breaks soon. I can't imagine how Mickey's family is enduring this.

The reason I ask if it looks the same is because this pic was taken the same night within a couple of miles or so from city hall. It was taken a little while after the one at city hall was taken. So it was in the area and I was just wondering if anyone thought maybe it could be the same truck that is in front of city hall.

where exactly was it, do you have any street names and how it was obtained

MIA....
SORRY TO YELL...BUT DOES LAW ENFORCEMENT HAVE THE VIDEO YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.
Thanks.

We were told several times to quit discussing the PI's and don't bash LE.

Didn't a mod say last night that management would be making a decision about the events of yesterday's posts.

I get the time out but was not sure what management was making a decision on.

Anyone kow?

We should be hearing back from management soon enough. As long as you stay away from the topic of PI vs PI, you'll be safe. If you aren't sure, you can send a PM to a mod and ask too. But we'll have more definitive guidelines soon. Hopefully by the end of today. :tyou:

Bumping Kimster's post from yesterday afternoon for anyone who missed it.

Not sure this is any improvement. Looks like there is a box on the hood? Did you see a box in the video? For the most part it does not look the same to me but there are some similarities.

My husband and I own a used car dealership, he is the one that knows the vehicles. He said, it is a Chevrolet or GMC 1999-2006 Model, Extended Cab. (Not a 4 door).

Of course this is just our opinion.

If we can put areas that have been searched on a map then we might get some ideas as to what is happening.

A long shot but I don't believe at this point in time it can hurt as I would think they would be searching along the path they believe she took.

Just because the LPD hasn't had more press releases doesn't mean they are totally incompetent. The routes Mickey may have taken have been searched. The city was loosely searched by volunteers at the beginning and When Equisearch came more searches were done.

Didn't a mod say last night that management would be making a decision about the events of yesterday's posts.

I get the time out but was not sure what management was making a decision on.

Anyone kow?

whaaaaat? goodness gracious. what in the world happened. is there anyway someone can maturely fill us in on what went on without stirring the pot? i just feel like it's quiet in here and i have no idea why. i go on vacation and come back to silence. it's weird. it has to be more than LE bashing if a decision has ot be made. i promise i won't comment on it or give an opinion. i guess y'all might be afraid to repeat what happened in fear of being banned??:confused:

oh well, i won't ask again. i don't want to stir.

where exactly was it, do you have any street names and how it was obtained

Yes, Miabella, please give us the specific info on this video and on the still from it. It's not right to post a picture so cryptically.

we may be getting some tropical weather early next week that may hinder searches. just throwing that out there

Ther is something in the back of the truck leaning up on the drivers side of the truck bed. just like in the pic at circle K. You can see it clearly but, when you zoon in you loose pixels. I think someone with better technology resources than me would do a better job.

I'm a local, been on Websleuths for years and years. I have not asked to be verified as a local, because when I read the instructions, etc. I didn't fit the criteria. IIRC, only those who are insiders, who have some contact that others from the area do not have, and things like that need to be verified. I do not personally know any of the Shunicks, although two of my sons have friends who are also friends with Brettly, Mickey, and Charlie. I have friends who have been active with volunteer searches, but I am not going to use my friendship to try to get exclusive info, and my two contacts in local LE both transferred to larger municipalities in the last few years.

So I can help out with local information, like where I've seen searches, what my kids tell me about how Mickey, Brettly and Charlie have such positive reputations, but no insider info. (honestly, if I did have insider info, I might hesitate to share it on a public forum!)

I think the other case you cite is completely different. LE knew that man had those two girls in his vehicle. LE here do not know for a fact the DWT is involved with Mickey's disappearance. All they have is that the truck was in the area. I really think that explains the different reactions of LE, but YMMV.

Thanks for clarifying that whole verified thing. I, too, am from the general area. However, I have no "inside" info. I can only provide information about south Louisiana and areas along I-10 from Lafayette to BR. I just wasn't sure what the verified thing meant, so I'm glad you let me know.

we may be getting some tropical weather early next week that may hinder searches. just throwing that out there

If she is still alive it might not matter, unfortunately if she is deceased... the storm might help her be found and returned to her loving family for a PROPER burial! sorry...:truce:

The pictures with new hair colors are very interesting to me. It seemed a bit strange that one of the mock ups was greenish. Not sure why. Still hoping for a massive break.

My husband and I own a used car dealership, he is the one that knows the vehicles. He said, it is a Chevrolet or GMC 1999-2006 Model, Extended Cab. (Not a 4 door).

Of course this is just our opinion.

Does he think the two trucks in front of circle k are the same trucks? Anything else he can tell from the pics of those two trucks? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx