LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes when you attempt to color platinum hair another color with a box haircolor it turns green. I also noticed it had her with "tanned" skin or with bronzer on, I thought this was odd. Any suggestions as to why they would do this? I feel the blonde hair is something we all look for, once her hair is a different color she will not stand out so much if someone was traveling with her.

One question~~ do other families routinely do this? It makes me think they know she/suspect she has been taken out of Lafayette or Louisiana.

LA

A post here on WS was directed to Nancyanne suggesting that photos be released showing Mickey
with different color hair---- I think what was released was in direct response to this request.

I've been here through many missing persons cases, and Mickey is the first person that I strongly, strongly believe is alive, and will come home. I believe she is right on her route home. Such a strong feeling!

Are there searches planned for this weekend? I keep seeing worries about a storm, but did not know that any searching was planned.
Is there a link?

Oy, I might be going to Lafayette to make a hurricane rescue. drats. My Mom lives in Scott in a mobile home. We have tried to make her live in a regular home, but she likes them.

LA

A post here on FB was directed to Nancyanne suggesting that photos be released showing Mickey with different color hair---- I think whatbwas released was in direct response to this request.

I've been here through many missing persons cases, and Mickey is the first person that I strongly, strongly believe is alive, and will come home. I believe she is right on her route home. Such a strong feeling!

I wish I felt that way...

A post here on FB was directed to Nancyanne suggesting that photos be released showing Mickey with different color hair---- I think whatbwas released was in direct response to this request.

Lets hope you are correct.

LA

I have a screen capture software on my computer. If you can upload the full size video to flickr or somewhere and link it I can blow my screen up and grab a larger size capture of the truck.

Ok - I'll consider that. I am working on the options about that now.

Does he think the two trucks in front of circle k are the same trucks? Anything else he can tell from the pics of those two trucks? Thanks

He absolutely without a doubt does feel that the 2 trucks are different. He has been in the car dealership business for 15 years as an owner, and sold cars for his parents dealership for many years prior to that.

He knows that I have been following this case, and reading here every night, until I can no longer hold my eyes open. And we also pray for Mickey together as a Family, every time we pray.

When I showed him the images, all I said was help me to know what year, make and model this truck is. He asked "These 2 pictures?" I said, "yes". He said, "that is 2 different trucks." And here is what he said:

I do not know what technical direction (N S E W) that the trucks are traveling so I will use, facing right / left in what he says.

He says they are 2 different trucks because:

The truck facing right:
1.) Has a tailgate installed.
2.) Has aluminum wheels.
3.) Has a reflective sticker on the rear end side of the bed (could possibly be a Z-71 sticker or a 4X4 sticker).
4.) Has a higher lift (suspension) to it. (Probably making it a Z-71 or 4X4)
He says that this truck is a year model 2008 or newer (identifiable by the shape of the cab), has a split grill (factory), and is identifiable as a Chevrolet because he sees the bow tie logo on the front.

The truck facing left:
1.) Has no tailgate installed.
2.) Has 20" chrome polished wheels. (different design than the wheels on the truck facing right).
3.) Does not have a Z-71 package, or a 4x4 package because of the height of the suspension.

He says that this is a year 2008 or newer model GMC or Chevrolet (identifiable by the shape of the cab), that it has an aftermarket billet aluminum gas cap cover, that can be purchased at O'Reillys or Autozone.

We sure hope this helps!

Praying for Mickey!

Okay, I gathered from another forum that the "activity" in New Orleans could be a reported sigting TexasEqussearch's truck in the city. I'd think it might be related to this rather than Mickey or Jaren Lockhart (any of her remains that didn't wash ashore- I think her feet and hands didn't - I hated writing that btw).
There's a missing 12 year old girl from New Orleans East. :(

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news...East/-/9853400/15195614/-/ttrrs0/-/index.html

Thanks ktgirl.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176609&highlight=osvreana+mendoza

A post here on WS was directed to Nancyanne suggesting that photos be released showing Mickey
with different color hair---- I think what was released was in direct response to this request.

I think you might be referring to me. I found an interview on youtube of JVM on HLN interviewing BW. In that interview they were showing pics of Mickey. I did a screen shot of the picture of her with brown hair, and shared a link to the interview and a link to the screen shot. The picture really shocked me, as I had only ever seen her with the striking blonde hair in any picture. I suggested that this picture of her with brown hair be circulated too, incase the blonde had started growing out, or her hair had been dyed. The 2 shades of hair make her look incredibly different. I too, have incredible faith that she is still out there, and alive!!
Praying for Mickey!

Here is the link to the screen shot I took.
[ame]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t481/prayersforthemissing/ScreenShot2012-06-19at13210PM.png[/ame]

To be honest, my thoughts of Mickey being alive went down considerably when her bike was found (and where.) I just don't think there would have been a great need to get rid of her bike if the person was taking her someplace secure to "hold" her. And I do not believe that someone else came along and stole the bike in the meantime and then dumped it when the heat was on. But that is just my opinion, of course.

I think I need to put myself in Time Out again.
I have so many ideas in my head, very few facts and I do not understand motivations of some of the people involved.

Not to mention I have DWTIQPTSD.

Since searchers were asked not
To disclose searched areas, I don't think making a map would be good idea. I mean, obviously several of us saw areas that were searched but i think making it public could compromise the investigation. What if the perp moves evidence because of the map?
MOO. This is the 1st case I follow on WS & I've been randomly reading other MP threads and that seems the norm? I may be wrong.

Searchers sign documents specifically stating they cannot disclose where they searched or what was found.

It is not as if though some searches, specifically around the one area of the circle K, is not well known to the locals.

Any perp would know that this would happen.

Ther is something in the back of the truck leaning up on the drivers side of the truck bed. just like in the pic at circle K. You can see it clearly but, when you zoon in you loose pixels. I think someone with better technology resources than me would do a better job.

I can see that something appears to be in the bed of the truck. But it looks like a moving box on the hood and that seems odd. What is missing though are the black door handles and the chrome like step thing that runs along the bottom of he truck. Do you see either of those in the video?

Im no longer working on the case as per the families wishes. So any information should go to LPD or Abdella

Seriously?! Are you respecting the wishes or can they legally ask that you not work on her case? I'm sorry.

I think I need to put myself in Time Out again.
I have so many ideas in my head, very few facts and I do not understand motivations of some of the people involved.

Not to mention I have DWTIQPTSD.

Yup think I will join you.

Great idea!!

There are flyers at the mall and also at Perkins Row. I put them up and they are still there, saw them yesterday and today

good! I'm glad they are there. I guess i just missed them.

i was at the mall about 2 weeks ago and didn't see them. I had our baby with me, so I was distracted. last week, I went to Urban Outfitters only at Perkins Rowe, and I didn't see one there. I guess I should have said UO not all of PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx